Sadio Mané

Mané

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedMilo

Mane is not a big name but that is not the point, if the club wanted a striker that could score 10 goals a season in premier league and has pace, then we might as well as kept Welbeck. I find our transfer strategy weird, the pedro saga stinks of us being rejected, probably from us fannying around and now were trying to save face, why are we waiting until last 2 weeks of window, its not how a big company should be run....

lem8sh

Every time I see him he does a bit of skill that makes me sit up, then proceeds to give the ball away. Cousin of mine is a Saints fan and he said he's the most infuriating player he's come across.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I, personally, applaud the club, and this forum, for keeping me thoroughly entertained all afternoon, and enusring I got zero work done.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Literally makes no sense, I mean a better player in the same position has gone to fecking Stoke this transfer window.

If we sign him I'll be seriously disheartened with what we're doing as a club.
All the transfers so far this summer look like they are working out really well. Depay, Schneriderlin, Scheweinsteiger and Darmian all looking really great for us.
But just the idea of signing Mané and suddenly United are a joke of a club.

Christ, I think some people need a sense of perspective or else just give up on football. They'll never be happy.

beergod

Every time I see him he does a bit of skill that makes me sit up, then proceeds to give the ball away. Cousin of mine is a Saints fan and he said he's the most infuriating player he's come across.
That is what I've seen also. He makes Nani look consistent.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Funny thing is if he was called Maneinho and playing for Santos everyone would be saying how good he is.

Ekeke

He's a decent threat, I remember John Terry had him in his team of the season which seemed a little extreme but he knows whats tough to defend against. Mane is one of those players

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
As far as attacking options RVP and Nani are surely better players to have in the squad?

I also suggested earlier the thread I would have liked to have seen Zaha get a chance if this is the way we are thinking of going

Welbeck too
What makes you think Welbeck and Zaha are better than this guy?

Van Persie's finished and Nani's a winger.

I've no clue how good this bloke is or isn't. Bit confused about how people have such certain opinions about him.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
It was more the "yes I do", the idea was sound, execution less so..
:lol: What?

but i do think he, like any player coming from a smaller club would benefit from training daily in our facilities, so do i believe that? yes i do.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Mane is not a big name but that is not the point, if the club wanted a striker that could score 10 goals a season in premier league and has pace, then we might as well as kept Welbeck. I find our transfer strategy weird, the pedro saga stinks of us being rejected, probably from us fannying around and now were trying to save face, why are we waiting until last 2 weeks of window, its not how a big company should be run....
Exactly, Chelsea, Madrid and City didn't waited this week to sign Kovacic, Otamendi and Pedro.

saivet

Don't think this will happen unless we throw a truck load of cash for him. We weren't keen on meeting Pedro's release clause, so I don't think we will meet Soton's demands either.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
This is a joke right? He is like Southampton's 10th best player.
:lol:

All the posts saying he's rubbish while the Saints fan are dreading it calling him their best player.

It's like RedCafe hasn't seen this player and have made the opinion.

Riz

:lol: What?

but i do think he, like any player coming from a smaller club would benefit from training daily in our facilities, so do i believe that? yes i do.
"Is he young enough to be moulded and benefit from our excellent training facilities to add consistency to his game? yes i do."

Read aloud.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Hate that we are in for Mane after getting so close to signing Pedro, i mean come on we couldn't find a better time to back out?

Mane doesn't have to be great as he is not going to be starting.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
This is a joke right? He is like Southampton's 10th best player.

All the posts saying he's rubbish while the Saints fan are dreading it calling him their best player.

dasty

Being laughed at by some trolls on twitter isn't embarrassing. Reading what's been posted on this site since the Pedro announcement is way more embarrassing.

Kaos

Would be a good signing - quick, strong and evidently a hardworker - exactly what we need in a forward. If he was playing for a slightly more fashionable contintental club then most of you would be moist.

Shez

Sigh will have to move him out of my FF if we get him. He will be rotated too much

With all the United fans not wanting him, and the Southampton fans not wanting him to go, I'm sure we will sign him. I have a feeling Woody thrives on hate

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Whole thing is probably bollocks, but you've got to love the multiple meltdowns on here after a very encouraging win for United last night.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
If we are in for him, it is Van Gaal pretty much saying he is not convinced by Januzaj as a 10, which to be honest I do not see a problem with as he is quite slow and weak in that position thus far and him saying to Mata, that we want someone pace and direct in our 10 slot. That is the only logical explanation to going in for this guy... he is not a winger and any attempt to use him as a winger is destined for disaster.. it will limit his effectiveness as a player. He would be a decent squad player to bring in and a possible starter for this season in the 10 role.

Herrera should be worried though, as if he is being seen as a 10... there is not much space for him in this side, likewise Perreira. So to be honest, I am questioning whether we need this signing.. unless of course he proves me wrong and can either play up top or fit in on the right wing.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi

They would probably be pissed off if we went for Yoshida does not mean that is a player who will improve us.

Status
Not open for further replies.