Sadio Mane | Performances

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Am I wrong for shouting ‘Yes!’ and punching the air when I seen the Breaking News strip on SSN? :nervous:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool

Not a nice run of games to lose him for.

Hojoon

Am I wrong for shouting ‘Yes!’ and punching the air when I seen the Breaking News strip on SSN? :nervous:
I don't think so, you're celebrating the fact that he won't play against us, not because he's hurt.

RedDevil@84

Funny how each of the top clubs seems to have lost somebody important in the last couple of weeks. Us Pogba, City KDB iirc? plus Mendy, Pool lose Mane and Chelsea lost Kante. You're next, Spuds.
Is KDB injured?? I doubt if he has any serious problem

shaky

Lucky that they have that record signing Ox to come in. Probably a blessing in disguise.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Clubs must hate international breaks during the season. It's important, but it is also very disruptive.
We should just play a qualifying tournament in the summer before each major tournament. Groups of 8. 7 games in 3 weeks. Leaves plenty of time for rest at the end of the season and before pre-season. Without international breaks, season can be shorter and start later, and players can stay with their clubs all season. Teams also get more tournament style practice, thus improving quality of international football.

I just solved it.

podurban2

We should just play a qualifying tournament in the summer before each major tournament. Groups of 8. 7 games in 3 weeks. Leaves plenty of time for rest at the end of the season and before pre-season. Without international breaks, season can be shorter and start later, and players can stay with their clubs all season. Teams also get more tournament style practice, thus improving quality of international football.

I just solved it.
I like this idea, would also make things a lot more interesting for the viewer. They could advertise it and make a whole thing about it.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best

I just solved it.
So fans would need to travel to whatever country it is being played in 7 times in 3 weeks?

What about fans who enjoy seeing their county play at home and money made from home games for each country and a million other reasons

MDFC Manager

We should now be clear favorites. And hopefully that'll mean that Jose will no longer be extra negative tactically.

Ban

Terrible news as we would obviously want to face Liverpool at full strength.
They can face a U21 team as far as I'm concerned as long as we beat them.

Terrible news for him, he's a great player.

Eeeerm. That's it..

:D

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
We should now be clear favorites. And hopefully that'll mean that Jose will no longer be extra negative tactically.
We’re missing two of our first-choice central midfielders (including our best/most expensive player) and will go into the game with no CM’s on the bench. Purely on a tally of injuries, it’s advantage Liverpool.

In terms of the fixture - away at Anfield - a draw is a good result. That was the same under Fergie as it is under Mourinho. I’m afraid you’re dreaming if you think this injury suddenly means we can go all gung ho in one of the toughest fixtures we have every season.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Hopefully this inspires Jose to set us up with more freedom. Just start with the same team we have been starting with Herrera instead of Fellaini of course.

Ban

He's their best players but lets not get ahead ourselves. They still have Coutinho and Firmino.

IrishRedDevil

I will never celebrate a player getting injured but the fact that we won't have Pogba and to a lesser extent Fellaini (he would have caused them trouble in the air, and to counter the high press), I will see this as 'evens'.

Moonred

Good news for us. Big blow for Liverpool for the United match and beyond. International breaks can’t stop breaking teams.

Kapardin

Quite a disaster for them if he is out for 6 weeks. He is key to their top 4 hopes.

And let's not lie, if we're as good as we want/think/hope then we should be beating Liverpool even if they're at full strength. It's Sadio fecking Mane, not prime Ronaldinho.
I honestly don't mind it being laid on a platter to us. Maybe I hope for a full strength opposition to test our skills in any other game, but games against rivals like Liverpool....yeah, I take what I can get.

Hope Mane recovers soon. Not wishing injury on anyone, though I am certainly happy that Liverpool is weakened in his absence.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
And let's not lie, if we're as good as we want/think/hope then we should be beating Liverpool even if they're at full strength. It's Sadio fecking Mane, not prime Ronaldinho.
Why do people keep saying this?!? We're going to Anfield ffs. Liverpool win or draw this fixture the vast majority of times it's played. And that includes the whole of the era under SAF. Not to mention that this current Liverpool side has a record against the "big six" which is probably as good as anything they've managed in PL history. If we somehow get away with 3 points that's an excellent result but it's fecking barmy to go into this game with that as the expectation.

The Purley King

I want to celebrate, but Lukaku is likely to play for Belgium this evening whilst clearly not 100%..........
If he gets through that unscathed then I'll have a chuckle.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Why do people keep saying this?!? We're going to Anfield ffs. Liverpool win or draw this fixture the vast majority of times it's played. And that includes the whole of the era under SAF. Not to mention that this current Liverpool side has a record against the "big six" which is probably as good as anything they've managed in PL history. If we somehow get away with 3 points that's an excellent result but it's fecking barmy to go into this game with that as the expectation.
I concur.

All this would rather face them at full strength is surely lunacy. I'd take the three points full stop. Our best performance at Anfield in the last decade or so came when Mata scored the brace, that's the only performance I can remember where we outplayed them at Anfield.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
I concur.

All this would rather face them at full strength is surely lunacy. I'd take the three points full stop. Our best performance at Anfield in the last decade or so came when Mata scored the brace, that's the only performance I can remember where we outplayed them at Anfield.
Never mind the last decade I reckon you could count on the fingers of one hand the number of convincing wins at Anfield in the last 30 years!

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
So fans would need to travel to whatever country it is being played in 7 times in 3 weeks?

What about fans who enjoy seeing their county play at home and money made from home games for each country and a million other reasons
Why are you being so difficult about this?

Cloud7

Alright folks that's enough joy about him potentially missing the game. Please think of his family and the rest of his life before you express any positivity about him potentially missing the game against us.

Ya.

Djemba-Djemba

People seem to think we used to go to Anfield under Fergie and play them off the park every year, it's complete nonsense.

From us beating them 3-1 in I think 1998 I don't think we played well and dominated the game at Anfield until Juanfield in 2015. Every win between that was a either a smash and grab or a professional performance were we edged it.

I expect us to set up on Saturday the same way we always do there.