Saka (Arsenal)

Vapor trail

This is a good description of him. He's a very efficient player.
He's in the same space as Eze and Olise. Not talent wise as I think Saka shows more promise but they are all in the same boat of just drifting past opposition players. It's not just close control but the way they move into space is smart they don't give opponents an angle to tackle them.

Messi in his prime was brilliant at it, he put himself between the ball and the opponent only way to gain back possession was to take him out. Grealish also the same. The deception is neither players mentioned above is particularly fast or explosive but that form of movement It's hard to describe but vastly effective.

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal
He has been pretty awful for ages. He is a good player and I rate him but he is in a poor run of form.
So either you watched the Arsenal game WHILST Tottenham were playing, or you are guessing. He has been fine, not amazing by his high standards, but certainly not 'awful'. 2 assists so far in 5 games. You should be more worried about Son mate, he has contributed as much as you have...

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Don’t really buy that he’s particularly special to be honest. Good player though.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
He's going through a hard time in front of goal just now, seems to be snatching a bit at chances and lacking a bit of luck. Still dangerous in general play.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
So either you watched the Arsenal game WHILST Tottenham were playing, or you are guessing. He has been fine, not amazing by his high standards, but certainly not 'awful'. 2 assists so far in 5 games. You should be more worried about Son mate, he has contributed as much as you have...
Oh Son has been abysmal so far this season. I thought this was about Saka though

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Better off not replying to wums.

Skills

Snitch
Don’t really buy that he’s particularly special to be honest. Good player though.
Yup. I feel like he's the prototype footballer academies across England are trying to produce. Solid to very good in most things, but doesn't really amaze you

Chief123

He reminds me of Antonio Valencia in his prime.

Very efficient team player. Not outstanding at anything in particular but very effective at what he does.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Some of these takes are a bit mad tbh. The guy carried us for 2-3 seasons on his back.

Now he actually has support so doesn't need to do so, but he still impacts almost every single game positively.

I think he is slightly burnt out don't get me wrong, but he is still dangerous consistently. And, considering he has no full back to help as we play with no real RB, he still manages to trouble both the LB and LW of the other side. Pretty much consistently he is 2vs1, but wins his duels.

Appreciate he hasn't got the fancy footwork etc, but the way he can drift past players and use both feet to a good degree is a high skill in itself.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Some of these takes are a bit mad tbh. The guy carried us for 2-3 seasons on his back.

Now he actually has support so doesn't need to do so, but he still impacts almost every single game positively.

I think he is slightly burnt out don't get me wrong, but he is still dangerous consistently. And, considering he has no full back to help as we play with no real RB, he still manages to trouble both the LB and LW of the other side. Pretty much consistently he is 2vs1, but wins his duels.

Appreciate he hasn't got the fancy footwork etc, but the way he can drift past players and use both feet to a good degree is a high skill in itself.
I think everyone’s saying he’s a good player - not that mad is it?

Chief123

Even though I was confused as to why Southgate kept persisting with Saka over Sancho in the Euros, I can actually see why now. He’s a different type of player to Sancho, but has attributes which are more effective than what Sancho has in that particular system for England.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
I think everyone’s saying he’s a good player - not that mad is it?
I've seen posts saying they don't get why he's hyped, or that they don't see anything special with him.

He is a special player for many reasons.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Even though I was confused as to why Southgate kept persisting with Saka over Sancho in the Euros, I can actually see why now. He’s a different type of player to Sancho, but has attributes which are more effective than what Sancho has in that particular system for England.
I actually think they’re both pretty similar, though Saka has better physicality and doesn’t get gassed early in matches, whilst Sancho is probably a bit more better in the middle third with his passing.

JJ12

I've seen posts saying they don't get why he's hyped, or that they don't see anything special with him.

He is a special player for many reasons.
Special is way over the top to be fair. That’s closer to ‘mad’

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't think he has any outstanding technical qualities but he is a very intelligent player(apparently a smart guy too). Plays with his head up.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Special is way over the top to be fair. That’s closer to ‘mad’
You don't carry a club for 2 years when you're 18 playing multiple positions if you aren't special.

He isn't generational like Mbappe or Haaland, don't get me wrong, but people seem to be underrating him a bit.

He in the majority of games is 2vs1, yet makes an impact by creating chances and linking play. What he is missing is being clinical enough infront of goal, which would put him a level up. He got 18 goals/assists in the league last season, and is on 3 currently in 5 games.

Do I think he's at his prime form currently? No, but I don't expect him to be ever consistent considering his age.

Chief123

I actually think they’re both pretty similar, though Saka has better physicality and doesn’t get gassed early in matches, whilst Sancho is probably a bit more better in the middle third with his passing.
It’s the physical strength that I think Southgate prefers. In a system where it’s heavily reliant on counter attack, England need the front 3 to be strong when they receive the ball. I think Saka does that better than Sancho.

JJ12

You don't carry a club for 2 years when you're 18 playing multiple positions if you aren't special.

He isn't generational like Mbappe or Haaland, don't get me wrong, but people seem to be underrating him a bit.

He in the majority of games is 2vs1, yet makes an impact by creating chances and linking play. What he is missing is being clinical enough infront of goal, which would put him a level up. He got 18 goals/assists in the league last season, and is on 3 currently in 5 games.

Do I think he's at his prime form currently? No, but I don't expect him to be ever consistent considering his age.
He didn’t carry Arsenal for 2 years though did he. Anyway - good player, hopefully doesn’t end up like Rashford in a few years.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
He didn’t carry Arsenal for 2 years though did he. Anyway - good player, hopefully doesn’t end up like Rashford in a few years.
Yes he did. He was the literal only bright spark for a while..

And agreed, hopefully not.. biggest risk is he burns out. He's played a lot of football.

ShinjiNinja26

Seems like Arsenal fans are getting their knickers in a twist over the fact people on a Man Utd forum don’t rate Saka as a generational talent. He’s a good player, nothing more, nothing less. Don’t expect us to sit there piping him off, no one gives a feck.

Rossa

He's in the same space as Eze and Olise. Not talent wise as I think Saka shows more promise but they are all in the same boat of just drifting past opposition players. It's not just close control but the way they move into space is smart they don't give opponents an angle to tackle them.

Messi in his prime was brilliant at it, he put himself between the ball and the opponent only way to gain back possession was to take him out. Grealish also the same. The deception is neither players mentioned above is particularly fast or explosive but that form of movement It's hard to describe but vastly effective.
Agree with this. Saka isn't particularly fast, and whenever I see him in a foot race, he tends to lose, so he doesn't do kick and run. However, he glides past players, and he often positions himself very well. He's also great at using his body strength and must have a very low centre of gravity the way he is able to shrug off seemingly bigger and stronger defenders.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Seems like Arsenal fans are getting their knickers in a twist over the fact people on a Man Utd forum don’t rate Saka as a generational talent. He’s a good player, nothing more, nothing less. Don’t expect us to sit there piping him off, no one gives a feck.
Seems you can't read seeing as I said he was not a generational talent.

Posts like these are a joke. It's a football forum after all, for discussions. If you didn't care, why reply..

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

Olise and Eze are bloody brilliant. Olise seems to be way more raw than Eze. I agree they are very comparable talents, Saka beats the other two with his experience having been a mainstay at Arsenal for a couple of years now but talent wise nothing much to separate them. If all 3 had similar experience, I might just pick the Palace pair ahead of Saka.

ShinjiNinja26

Seems you can't read seeing as I said he was not a generational talent.

Posts like these are a joke. It's a football forum after all, for discussions. If you didn't care, why reply..
No but you seem to be getting all worked up we aren’t all agreeing that Saka is a “special” player. Like I said he’s good, nothing more, nothing less. Head over to Arsenal-Mania if you want to sit and wank over your own players.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Agree with this. Saka isn't particularly fast, and whenever I see him in a foot race, he tends to lose, so he doesn't do kick and run. However, he glides past players, and he often positions himself very well. He's also great at using his body strength and must have a very low centre of gravity the way he is able to shrug off seemingly bigger and stronger defenders.
Yh pretty fair, he's obviously not the fastest, so won't run in behind a lot.

No but you seem to be getting all worked up we aren’t all agreeing that Saka is a “special” player. Like I said he’s good, nothing more, nothing less. Head over to Arsenal-Mania if you want to sit and wank over your own players.
It's a thread on Saka ffs. You need to grow up :lol:

ShinjiNinja26

Yh pretty fair, he's obviously not the fastest, so won't run in behind a lot.

It's a thread on Saka ffs. You need to grow up :lol:
Yes it’s a thread about Saka, on a MAN UTD forum. Something you don’t seem to be comprehending, is it any surprise we don’t rate your players as much as an actual Arsenal fan does?

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
Yes it’s a thread about Saka, on a MAN UTD forum. Something you don’t seem to be comprehending, is it any surprise we don’t rate your players as much as an actual Arsenal fan does?
Feel like you have some anger issues, but you do you.

Some people can actually have an actual discussion without acting like a child. (Most on here to be fair, you seem to be a rare exception)

Teja

Yup agree with this.

ShinjiNinja26

Feel like you have some anger issues, but you do you.

Some people can actually have an actual discussion without acting like a child. (Most on here to be fair, you seem to be a rare exception)
Nah, I’m good pal. I ain’t the one getting offended that opposition supporters don’t rate my own clubs players as much as I do. Shock horror!