Saka (Arsenal)

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Is it me or has he grown a bit taller? He’s definitely bulked up a bit. He looks bigger and stronger than last season.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Looks a gem doesn’t he. Always amazes me to see how good these players are for clubs then look lost playing for England? I blame Southgate but still Saka looks mikes better when at Arsenal
I don't like Southgate but saka played really well in the WC.

432JuanMata

I don't like Southgate but saka played really well in the WC.
I agree he had a good World Cup I meant he looks better at Arsenal as does Foden at City, Kane at Spurs etc.

It was more the point that England are so unbelievably lucky with the young/current talent they have but they look average at best of times

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Is it me or has he grown a bit taller? He’s definitely bulked up a bit. He looks bigger and stronger than last season.
I did enjoy the way 100m man Rice bounced off him in the build up to our 2nd.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
He's put on a couple of inches since he broke through at 18. I'd put him at 5'11'' now.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Looks a gem doesn’t he. Always amazes me to see how good these players are for clubs then look lost playing for England? I blame Southgate but still Saka looks mikes better when at Arsenal
He was one of England's best players.

NoPace

He was one of England's best players.
Yeah, 2nd best RW in the tourney after Messi, ahead of Bruno (played well there, wasn't full time there), Ziyech and Dembele and then I would say everyone else struggled there, though Dumfries did okay as a RWB overall.

I keep banging on about this, but RW really is a weak position.

Last edited:

Man-United

Probably the best player in the league, most things he does just is perfect.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He's the one we need to keep an eye on next week, Shaw or Malacia?...

Teja

200k p/w according to reports? That's not that high honestly.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Yeah decent value. Martinelli's deal was too I think (rumoured £180k).

Saliba is the last remaining one. I didn't see them retaining all 3 to be honest, so they'll have one fantastically well if they manage to keep them all IMO.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
They're saying that's the minimum so no bonuses included. He will probably be around 220/240. Only Saliba left :p

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
when the going gets tough, can his bumhole be trusted?

Klean

Missed Pen, but unfair to put the loss on him. Can't win the title if you are having to score 3 goals to win every game.

padr81

Supports
Man City
He's a good lad who's still young and already somewhat of a leader, he'll get mentally stronger as time goes on. Most players grow into a leadership role but he's kinda had it thrust upon him cause this Arsenal squad are so young. Chin up and go again good lad. KDB, Mahrez, Gundogan, Aguero at City alone all missed big game peno's. He'll be grand.

Nero

Crumbled. Went into his shell after the miss as well. Timid mentality.

marktan

He looks overplayed. Played every game in the league and Europa then that bum Southgate played him for 90 minutes in 2 useless games. At this end of the season those minutes really add up.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He's a good lad who's still young and already somewhat of a leader, he'll get mentally stronger as time goes on. Most players grow into a leadership role but he's kinda had it thrust upon him cause this Arsenal squad are so young. Chin up and go again good lad. KDB, Mahrez, Gundogan, Aguero at City alone all missed big game peno's. He'll be grand.
This

Chief123

Developing a reputation of being a bottler. I can see why he’s commited his long term future to Arsenal.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Huge salary but it is deserved. Arsenal had no choice here really. You pay him or someone else will. Good for them.
The Times have his salary as £200k basic with incentives and bonuses taking it up to the £280k, which I think is fair enough.

Like you say, I'd we didn't pay it I'm sure someone like City or that would have.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Huge salary but it is deserved. Arsenal had no choice here really. You pay him or someone else will. Good for them.
Sad precedence. But that's why you don't leave player to last year of his contract. Rashford would now ask for 400k/wk. I mean, why not?