Saka (Arsenal)

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
The Times have his salary as £200k basic with incentives and bonuses taking it up to the £280k, which I think is fair enough.

Like you say, I'd we didn't pay it I'm sure someone like City or that would have.
That’s Antony Martial levels and still less than Jason Sancho, someone go fire Woodward into space please.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
He disappeared the last 2 months.
Good they found him to put a pen in his hand.

Massively overplayed by Arteta, he was bound to drop form at some point... Getting cover for him is mandatory once we get Rice or Caicedo

MonsieurGooner

Supports
Arsenal
Gonna cost City a few more million when they inevitably sign him in a season or 2.
Why wait? Why not bid for him now when they are at thier hottest? Mahrez is 33 this season, they need a new RW pretty much now. Also, Pep won't even be at City the next time Saka contract situation needs to be addressed. Three years is an eternity in football.

WHen we want to keep a player, we can really offer a big contract. Good luck to anyone trying to prise Saka away from Arsenal. Youll need it

Bwuk

Good of him to sign a new contract so his club gets a bigger fee when he moves to a big side.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Massively overplayed by Arteta, he was bound to drop form at some point... Getting cover for him is mandatory once we get Rice or Caicedo
I think he is talking about only Arsenal.

Lampard didn't miss a game in 3 seasons, played 37, 38, 38, 38, 35, 37 league games from 2001-07.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Developed so much as a player, now completely different to what he was when he first came through. But looked like he was always going to be a star and wow is he ever. World class in my opinion

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Yep, he's the genuine deal. The one truly world class player we have IMO. Others are nearly there/just below.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He’s so good, and he’s annoyingly so likeable too, I almost feel bad rooting for his downfall every week :lol:

Cobham is world class at producing midfielders and defenders. I would kill to produce one world class forward like Saka. Just one.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
They are going to run him into the ground.
He can't play every game, he just can't. Need the likes of Nelson and Vieira to keep trying to step up. Could be even play Havertz or Jesus from there if needed.

Also helps if you can wrap up games early like last night and make changes at the 65-70 min mark.

marktan

They are going to run him into the ground.
Yeah he never gets a rest for England either, he's going to get injured or slow down and then everyone will call him overated. They need to rest him for the league cup or FA cup at least

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
He can't play every game, he just can't. Need the likes of Nelson and Vieira to keep trying to step up. Could be even play Havertz or Jesus from there if needed.

Also helps if you can wrap up games early like last night and make changes at the 65-70 min mark.
While I do agree we are risking overplaying him, but he has been very resilient till now. And we may think for his age he is playing too much but check how much the likes of Messi used to play when he was his age. Barca has been doing this for ages Gavi/Pedri/Yamal. While Fati did not work out Saka is past this stage.

If he wants to be the best player in the world he has to get used to playing every 3 days for the whole season. There is no other way of scoring 30+ goals a season for a wide forward.

the_cliff

While I do agree we are risking overplaying him, but he has been very resilient till now. And we may think for his age he is playing too much but check how much the likes of Messi used to play when he was his age. Barca has been doing this for ages Gavi/Pedri/Yamal. While Fati did not work out Saka is past this stage.

If he wants to be the best player in the world he has to get used to playing every 3 days for the whole season. There is no other way of scoring 30+ goals a season for a wide forward.
I don't think you need to worry about overplaying Saka, he's got it. Coming from a United fan he seems very committed and is an insane athlete, he hardly ever gets injured and will get better with age.

I think there's more chance that Madrid try to poach him than him getting burned out.

manhood

Should not like Arsenal players but he is growing on me.

Everytime something doesn't come off for him, he tries and tries again, which is a rare attitude these days.

Trex

I don't think you need to worry about overplaying Saka, he's got it. Coming from a United fan he seems very committed and is an insane athlete, he hardly ever gets injured and will get better with age.

I think there's more chance that Madrid try to poach him than him getting burned out.
There was a time Rashford use to never get injured as well and ran like a man possessed. Ole took advantage of that and it ended up with the back injury. Took him a while to recover and now he plays with less intensity.

the_cliff

There was a time Rashford use to never get injured as well and ran like a man possessed. Ole took advantage of that and it ended up with the back injury. Took him a while to recover and now he plays with less intensity.
Let's be real, Rashford was never as consistent as Saka. Nor has he ever had the football IQ Saka has.

You can't compare Rashford to Saka. Even when he was young and had all of the plaudits he still had terrible decision making and wasn't really smart or good at ball retention. Saka is the complete package.

Saka can play across the front 3, can also play left back. He's got it all.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Yep, he's the genuine deal. The one truly world class player we have IMO. Others are nearly there/just below.
You don't think Saliba is? I think he'd be my first choice CB to join United if I had a free pick of anyone.

Martinelli is fantastic, too. I was a fan of his before he joined Arsenal after watching some Brazilian youth games. His impact at Arsenal has not surprised me one bit.

Trex

Let's be real, Rashford was never as consistent as Saka. Nor has he ever had the football IQ Saka has.

You can't compare Rashford to Saka. Even when he was young and had all of the plaudits he still had terrible decision making and wasn't really smart or good at ball retention. Saka is the complete package.

Saka can play across the front 3, can also play left back. He's got it all.
Do you read? Who's talking about quality.
The discussion is about if Saka minutes needs to be managed better. Take your anti-Rashford agenda somewhere else

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don’t know if he’s world class yet. His level plummeted last season when the pressure was on. Very good footballer though. Regardless of goals and assists which he does get now, he does the basics really well.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I don’t know if he’s world class yet. His level plummeted last season when the pressure was on. Very good footballer though. Regardless of goals and assists which he does get now, he does the basics really well.
Don't believe the hype, especially on English player. World class in England right now i would say Kane and Walker.

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
Don't believe the hype, especially on English player. World class in England right now i would say Kane and Walker.
Walker does not get close to the recognition he deserves.
Apart from those two, Saka/Bellingham are close.
Rice/Foden maybe in a years time if things go well for them.

kaku06

A sign of how insane times are but I doubt £150m would be enough to get him
He’s worth more to you. Players like him don’t come often especially from the academy. He should never be sold. He’s more than just a player for Arsenal. Him and Odegaard could define arsenal fortunes for years.

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
A sign of how insane times are but I doubt £150m would be enough to get him
That surely would not be enough especially to a EPL team. But in anycase we should never sell him. NEVER.
Him Odegaard and Martinelli (my bias).

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
To be honest, I think I'd struggle to name 5 right wingers I'd have over Saka in world football currently?!

the_cliff

Do you read? Who's talking about quality.
The discussion is about if Saka minutes needs to be managed better. Take your anti-Rashford agenda somewhere else
You're the one mentioning Rashford. You're the one comparing Rashford to Saka as if they're the same player. :lol::lol:

Saka has more quality than Rashford in every way, therefore comparing Rashford to him is absolute none sense. Just because Rashford got injured because of being over played doesn't mean Saka will (despite the fact that I don't think Rashford was effected in any way as much as most people make out).

Wonder how many minutes Messi has played ? or Mbappe ? or Bruno ? or Bellingham ? or Musiala ?

Injuries happen. If Saka get's injured it doesn't mean he'll come back as inconsistent as Rashford is as they aren't the same player. Rashford was inconsistent before the injury and is inconsistent now after his injury. Saka is a better player. End of.

All of this discussion of Saka getting run into the ground and becoming a shadow of the player he is now is utter bollocks and all of this talk that Ole ruined Rashford and ran him into the ground is also utter bollocks, he had his best ever season for us last year for Goodness sake.

Last edited: