Saka (Arsenal)

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal
Oh Son has been abysmal so far this season. I thought this was about Saka though
I am more impressed you were watching Arsenal when Tottenham were playing on the other channel to be honest.

I have watched every minute of his Arsenal career to date, over half of them in the ground. Saka is an amazing player.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Nah, I’m good pal. I ain’t the one getting offended that opposition supporters don’t rate my own clubs players as much as I do. Shock horror!
Less anger please.
Anyway, unless something out of the blue happens we will not have actual cover for Saka until January. It's going to have to be Marquinhos who is too good for U21 football.
Some rumours that Vieira could also go there but in his first game he really looked like an Odegaard clone stuck on the wing. We'd miss a lot of the running at defenders on that side of the pitch.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I am more impressed you were watching Arsenal when Tottenham were playing on the other channel to be honest.

I have watched every minute of his Arsenal career to date, over half of them in the ground. Saka is an amazing player.
Never said I didn't think he wasn't a good player (he is).

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
He didn’t carry Arsenal for 2 years though did he. Anyway - good player, hopefully doesn’t end up like Rashford in a few years.
Carry you to what? 8th place league finishes?

Being a bright spark doesn't mean you are carrying anything. You've just been so mediocre for a while you're confused.

As for the second part, sure - God forbid he scores a couple and assists vs us in a few years. :)

Member 125398

He's a cracking little player, would love him here. Sadly, I think he's nailed on for City within the next couple of years.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
The man who was immensely racially abused is England's wonder boy?

Sorry, but England's wonder boy will never ever be someone of colour. Have some shame.
He’s maybe not a “wonder boy”, but you don’t think he’s highly thought of in the media and by fans in general? I think nearly everyone agrees he’s absolute class. I think he’d do well at any club in the world.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
He'd be out of his mind to sign a long contract extension.
Yeah, 22/23 is the perfect age to join City's bench and have fun with Grealish.

mu4c_20le

In all honesty he would be looking for an even bigger upgrade than Arsenal to Chelsea.
He is a world class talent with a world class attitude, and can play at wingback and winger. He'd be a dream signing for your lot but luckily it won't happen.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
He’s maybe not a “wonder boy”, but you don’t think he’s highly thought of in the media and by fans in general? I think nearly everyone agrees he’s absolute class. I think he’d do well at any club in the world.
Not by the media to the level he should he, but by fans yes. He is a very good player, I don't disagree with that at all. I don't think that foul was anything to complain about after though, it's not rare and was in the heat of the game. I don't think he's being protected

Vapor trail

Yeah, 22/23 is the perfect age to join City's bench and have fun with Grealish.
Better suited to City than Grealish for me. He's more of a team player and he gets ahead of Mahrez. Bernardo is looking to leave this is no secret I think Saka to City is on the cards if they declare interest.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Better suited to City than Grealish for me. He's more of a team player and he gets ahead of Mahrez. Bernardo is looking to leave this is no secret I think Saka to City is on the cards if they declare interest.
He's apparently about to sign his new long term contract so would be strange to do that if there's a chance he wants to go to City.

Walters_19_MuFc

The man who was immensely racially abused is England's wonder boy?

Sorry, but England's wonder boy will never ever be someone of colour. Have some shame.
Facts!

Golden boy is Foden, who can't seem to stay out of the news due to his thuggish behaviour.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Yeah, signing a long contract with your boyhood club when they're looking at you as a key player in their rebuild is just insane.
It’s Arsenal though. Depends what he wants out of his career.

Trequarista10

Smart of Arsenal to step up efforts to lure him to sign a long term deal a few games into the season - "look, we're going places, we're top!"

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
He's a cracking little player, would love him here. Sadly, I think he's nailed on for City within the next couple of years.
Very unlikely given its inevitable an extension will be signed soon. Saka and Arteta have both said its happening in the press. Its only a matter of time. Its not just Saka though, its Martinelli on the other flank. The feeling at Arsenal is we have two generational talents at RF and LF with Jesus at the CF, who is still only 25. Odegaard too at 23.

Its obvious what we are trying to do, as good as Saka, Martinelli and Odegaard are know, they are still in thier early twenties, as the years to come they will mature and gel having played together for years

This is the 'process' Arteta talks of. We are als prerpping for any interest in them as Saka and Martinelli are lined up for big contract extensions. Saliba too.

Would take a fortune to prise these players away. When players like Fofona go for 80m, Maguire for 80m, then the mind boggles at what it would take to sign Saka. I wouldnt even want to place a fee on it because the number would be stupid money

SinNombre

They are good players but feck me this sort of shit has to die.
You are talking to Arsenal newbs here.

It is a rite of passage for Arsenal fans to massively overrate their players every time they go on a 4-5 match winning streak.

This is the same lot that wanted to bin everyone including Arteta (bar Saka) 12 months back. Given their fixture list, I have a suspicion that we will see the classic Arsenal is shit and doomed from their fan base in a month.

Holocene

Very unlikely given its inevitable an extension will be signed soon. Saka and Arteta have both said its happening in the press. Its only a matter of time. Its not just Saka though, its Martinelli on the other flank. The feeling at Arsenal is we have two generational talents at RF and LF with Jesus at the CF, who is still only 25. Odegaard too at 23.

Its obvious what we are trying to do, as good as Saka, Martinelli and Odegaard are know, they are still in thier early twenties, as the years to come they will mature and gel having played together for years

This is the 'process' Arteta talks of. We are als prerpping for any interest in them as Saka and Martinelli are lined up for big contract extensions. Saliba too.

Would take a fortune to prise these players away. When players like Fofona go for 80m, Maguire for 80m, then the mind boggles at what it would take to sign Saka. I wouldnt even want to place a fee on it because the number would be stupid money
Saka a generational talent :lol:

Lincm

Supports
Arsenal
You are talking to Arsenal newbs here.

It is a rite of passage for Arsenal fans to massively overrate their players every time they go on a 4-5 match winning streak.

This is the same lot that wanted to bin everyone including Arteta (bar Saka) 12 months back. Given their fixture list, I have a suspicion that we will see the classic Arsenal is shit and doomed from their fan base in a month.

What a difference three weeks makes. A few weeks ago, many on the CAF had a doom and gloom look about Utd. But the turnaround has been fantastic and well deserved. And now the CAF is talking about the title once again in light of Liverpool and City drawing/losing games they shouldn't.
but yes, it's the Arsenal (newbie) Fans who are waxing lyrical after a 4-5 match winning streak (cos hey, let's discount the first half of this year's performance).

Back to Saka, it wasn't just those 4-5 games, of which he didn't perform his best.
Since he regularly made the first team, Saka at times carried the Arsenal team when all the deadwood was still around. It's not just recency bias. Without him, Arsenal could very well have fallen into the bottom half in those 8th place finishes.
He's been in the first team for more than two years now and that's the reason why there are others in this thread saying why City/Pool want him, because he is that good a talent. And being young enough (ah sweet 21), the hope, though it may or may not be fulfilled, is that he has much more development and growth.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The feeling at Arsenal is we have two generational talents at RF and LF with Jesus at the CF, who is still only 25. Odegaard too at 23
There's also a feeling that people at Arsenal
who hold that view are complete morons. I mean it's almost as if words have no meaning really.

I like Saka. He's got good ball control and footballing intelligence. Martinelli seems pretty explosive but not as impressive to me. (Granted I've not been watching that much of Arsenal)

AussieDevil

Every Arsenal fan labels Martinelli as generational, I think it was off the back of some comments made by Klopp once?, generational means we are putting him up there with Mbappe and Haaland? He really isnt even close to that level.

Saka is a good player but he needs to 2X his output if he wants to become world class.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
I assume when people on here moan about hyperbole from Arsenal fans, they are mostly reading GIP's posts. :)

432JuanMata

World class. Let’s hope he’s smart enough to not sign for City and waste his career as a rotational player.
Looks a gem doesn’t he. Always amazes me to see how good these players are for clubs then look lost playing for England? I blame Southgate but still Saka looks mikes better when at Arsenal