Saka (Arsenal)

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
Doesn't necessarily mean thats a penalty though imo. He'd regain the balance fairly quickly and still have a chance to shoot.
These don't get given if not exaggerated and most of the time player regains composure chance goes away that is why people started the theatrics. I personally dont agree with this but then I don't agree with tactical fouling aswell and that happens all the time.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
He star jumped into the goal keeper. Ian Wright said no pen, and he adores Saka. It was a terrible dive.
I wouldn't even call it a clear dive. Saka expected Neuer to put his leg in his way and Neuer didn't do him the favour. As a result, we ended up with Saka kicking Neuer. In that respect, it's not a penalty in my book, but somehow it's not a dive either.

NotChatGPT

Brownfinger
I wouldn't even call it a clear dive. Saka expected Neuer to put his leg in his way and Neuer didn't do him the favour. As a result, we ended up with Saka kicking Neuer. In that respect, it's not a penalty in my book, but somehow it's not a dive either.
Schrödinger's dive

Hoof the ball

Gets freekicks all game, every game, week-in, week-out. Never seen anything like it. Every brush of his body is an immediate freekick. He's absolutely duped the league that he's this innocent fresh-faced kid, when in reality, he's about as big a con artist on the field as you're likely to get.

I've seen him chase after an opposition player with the ball who is ten yards in front, and then run into him from behind and still get the freekick when even the opposition player didn't even know he was there. :lol:

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
now my kids are walking around the house, flicking their legs out at each other and missing penalties. these so called footballers have a lot to answer for.

Offsideagain

Don't see much difference between this and the Harvey Elliot pen. Same principle, with cheating bastard Harvey being a bit more clever
Agreed 100%. Elliot from the Stevie Gerrard school of getting Liverpool our of the shit by 'winning' a penalty.

I'm conflicted. It's not a penalty and i'm delighted a referee has seen through his antics, but it's also the kind of thing that gets given 9 times out of 10, including against us last week. Next week it will be given again, and the week after that. Be consistent for fecks sake.

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
So both sides had a non-penalty decision that they’re both crying about, both of which would’ve been given by a more generous referee, ergo cancelling each other out?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
So both sides had a non-penalty decision that they’re both crying about, both of which would’ve been given by a more generous referee, ergo cancelling each other out?
I wouldn’t say so no. One is a subjective decision which could go either way (but in my opinion the ref has got completely right). The other is a clear refereeing/VAR mistake because by the law of the game you can’t pick up the ball in the box as a defender. There’s really no logical reason to not give that as a penalty especially when the ref is admitting he saw it clearly.

git_united

For those suggesting it’s a pen, have you seen the angle where it looks like Saka is trying to Valverde Neuer’s knee? That’s the angle that shows how ridiculous his attempt was. He had to go out of his way to make contact because Neuer stopped in time. I don’t think that gets given even in the PL once that angle is shown.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Neither of those are penalties. Saka is looking for that and the other one although technically against the rules should not be rewarded with a penalty. In the old days that might have been an indirect free kick. Gabriel is just being daft. I would never want my team to go through on that junk and the ref made a good judgement call there. In fact he did a good job overall. Got a few smaller challenges wrong but spot on on their penalty and the two non penalties.

RedRocket9908

Neither of those are penalties. Saka is looking for that and the other one although technically against the rules should not be rewarded with a penalty. In the old days that might have been an indirect free kick. Gabriel is just being daft. I would never want my team to go through on that junk and the ref made a good judgement call there. In fact he did a good job overall. Got a few smaller challenges wrong but spot on on their penalty and the two non penalties.
I agree about the handball, it would be stupid to give Bayern a penalty for that and an indirect freekick would be fairer in that kind of scenario.

A penalty is a free shot at at goal so the rule should really be that they are only awarded for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity.

Real Name

Don't see much difference between this and the Harvey Elliot pen. Same principle, with cheating bastard Harvey being a bit more clever
Agree actually. Although AWB is more a pen than Saka one. If Saka didnt go out of his way to get a pen he'd be clear on goal. Ah those foreigners, brought cheating and diving into the PL.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
There's videos of him floating around online doing the exact same thing in previous games so yeah does seem like it's one of his "special moves". Here's a couple...

erikcred

There's videos of him floating around online doing the exact same thing in previous games so yeah does seem like it's one of his "special moves". Here's a couple...
The angle for the first one isn't clear. But the second one, absolutely. It's the same move.

But Kane was getting away with his move of endangering the opponents for years. Don't see why it'll be any different for Saka's diving as long as he's in the PL. Also helps that Arteta whines more than most managers when things go against him.

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
I agree about the handball, it would be stupid to give Bayern a penalty for that and an indirect freekick would be fairer in that kind of scenario.

A penalty is a free shot at at goal so the rule should really be that they are only awarded for denying a clear goalscoring opportunity.
Exactly. I think the rules surrounding handballs in the box need to be revised. It's weird right now at times and lacks common sense. I would actually welcome back indirect free kicks.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
They get a free kick, right of centre, perfect distance to shoot in the last few seconds... he takes it quickly to buy a corner and promptly smacks that into the first man. :lol:

Telsim

They get a free kick, right of centre, perfect distance to shoot in the last few seconds... he takes it quickly to buy a corner and promptly smacks that into the first man. :lol:
That was comical. So bad.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
Yeh poor decision that from him. And even poorer corner at the end. Sigh.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He needs a break. Mentally and physically he's fecked. They're going to break him.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
:lol:

marktan

He plays every minute for Arsenal and every minute even in pointless friendlies for England. No rest again this summer with the Euros. Expanded CL next year and some bs CWC to come also. Unfortunately with all the added games, cup of nations etc there's a lot of tear on bodies and managers are too short-termist trying to save their own jobs to care about players longevity. Already we see players like Pedri and Fati overplayed. Bellingham is another soon to join that list. Kane barely got a rest in the last 3 years and is slowing down. Ditto Bruno Fernandes.

Out of the younger players it's no surprise players like Foden and Odeegard look fresher, they got a lot more rest when they were younger. We think players are fit and healthy but how many people around can genuinely play 90 minutes with the modern press, 2 games a week, 50 to 60 games a year with very little rest in the summer for 3 years straight and not expect players to get damaged? Very little time for wear and tear to heal. Man City have a secret edge in that Pep is one of the few top level coaches that actually rotates between the league and the cups (courtesy of a big squad).

Supports
Chelsea
He's a great player as part of a collective but individually he has nothing special at all to his game. This Arsenal team as a whole is the same, you'd have to probably go back to Alexis where they had a player who can create moments of magic from nothing.

GoonerGirly

Supports
Arsenal
He plays every minute for Arsenal and every minute even in pointless friendlies for England. No rest again this summer with the Euros. Expanded CL next year and some bs CWC to come also. Unfortunately with all the added games, cup of nations etc there's a lot of tear on bodies and managers are too short-termist trying to save their own jobs to care about players longevity. Already we see players like Pedri and Fati overplayed. Bellingham is another soon to join that list. Kane barely got a rest in the last 3 years and is slowing down. Ditto Bruno Fernandes.

Out of the younger players it's no surprise players like Foden and Odeegard look fresher, they got a lot more rest when they were younger. We think players are fit and healthy but how many people around can genuinely play 90 minutes with the modern press, 2 games a week, 50 to 60 games a year with very little rest in the summer for 3 years straight and not expect players to get damaged? Very little time for wear and tear to heal. Man City have a secret edge in that Pep is one of the few top level coaches that actually rotates between the league and the cups (courtesy of a big squad).
Yeh people love to jump on his back when he has a poor game but forget he's been playing non-stop since he was 19-20. He's incredibly resilient and hardy considering that. I think people forget how crazy deep Pep's squad is. Saka can't get a rest in our squad, our level drops too much without him.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
He has cost Arsenal badly against Bayern.

In the first game he takes a dive instead of scoring and then last night, takes another dive and ref calls it and Bayern break and score.

It’s brilliant to see him being exposed as a cheating fraud.