Saka (Arsenal)

Classical Mechanic

If you look at his stats this season he's been brilliant as a right inside forward but very much less so in other positions

Games 6
goals 4
assists 2

7.87 rating on whoscored.

I think this should be his position going forward. It's also one the hardest positions to get good players in.

Last edited:

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
:lol:
Why do you get so worked up because I compared Saka to Sancho?

It's not an unreasonable suggestion. Sancho One is the best player in a team in the EPL while the other plays for Bvb (with all due respect to Bundesliga fans) in a far easier league. Why do you hate Arsenal fans?
Because they don't generally share the same opinion with you or conform to the Car narrative?
It is an unreasonable suggestion though. Look at the performances Jadon Sancho has put in over multiple seasons in a good league. The numbers. The quality. He has England caps. He’s an elite tier talent. Saka hasn’t done enough to show he’s equal to Greenwood let alone Sancho.

macheda14

It is an unreasonable suggestion though. Look at the performances Jadon Sancho has put in over multiple seasons in a good league. The numbers. The quality. He has England caps. He’s an elite tier talent. Saka hasn’t done enough to show he’s equal to Greenwood let alone Sancho.
This season he’s done enough to show he is equal to Greenwood. Greenwood’s form could improve, but in current form Saka is the better youngster.

SAFMUTD

It would be hard to sign him from Arsenal but he's a really really good promising player, he can play a RW too so it would make sense.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
If you look at his stats this season he's been brilliant as a right inside forward but very much less so in other positions

Games 6
goals 4
assists 2

I think this should be his position going forward. It's also one the hardest positions to get good players in.
Yeah, he has been excellent in that role and really shouldn't be moved from it again.

I think one of the most impressive things about Saka, however, is that he actually has been pretty good no matter where he has played - LB, LWB, LW, RW. He has had the most production at RW and that's his best position, but he was also probably our best player as a LWB and he did a credible job last year as a LB. He's just an intelligent, natural footballer who makes good decisions, moves well without the ball, works hard defensively, and can use both feet.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
This season he’s done enough to show he is equal to Greenwood. Greenwood’s form could improve, but in current form Saka is the better youngster.
Yes indeed.
Greenwood plays well occasionally. Yes I know he is still learning.
But much as I hate to admit, Saka is easily outperforming Greenwood. His movement is already excellent.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
In what way isn't Saka equal to Greenwood? Agree on the Sancho comparisons, too early for that.

But.. you're calling him out for being stupid for saying he's comparable to Sancho, but then say something equally as silly.

Saka was as good as Greenwood last season (don't look at stats, look at performances), and this season he is much better.

But, they are both great talents so it's silly to compare this early anyway.

THM

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah, he has been excellent in that role and really shouldn't be moved from it again.

I think one of the most impressive things about Saka, however, is that he actually has been pretty good no matter where he has played - LB, LWB, LW, RW. He has had the most production at RW and that's his best position, but he was also probably our best player as a LWB and he did a credible job last year as a LB. He's just an intelligent, natural footballer who makes good decisions, moves well without the ball, works hard defensively, and can use both feet.
He reminds me a lot of Joshua Kimmich / Lahm in terms of his overall game intelligence.

Perhaps a result of playing multiple positions at youth level etc.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Wish we’d have nabbed him in the summer. He’s Arsenal’s best player.

He reminds me so much of Kevin, albeit stylistically different. I just trust him to make the right choice with the ball all the time, and progress his team forward.

Top class though. Wish he’d have opted for Nigeria too!
Yeah I know exactly what you mean, often times with young players attacking moves can break down because they go down a blind avenue, delay the pass too long or play it to quickly, but he has an innate understanding in these situations and makes the right decision far more often than not. Talented dribblers can often be bad for holding on to the ball for too long, especially at a young age, but he's very good at circulating the ball and knowing when to carry it or make an incisive pass.

Like you said stylistically he's different, but it's the same thing where on the break etc you just know they'll make an intelligent play and keep the attack going.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Arsenal fans are always so quick to hype up their youngsters but how many have actually ever gone on to greatness. For what it's worth I think Saka is a great talent but I don't think he's on the same level as Greenwood let alone Sancho.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yeah I know exactly what you mean, often times with young players attacking moves can break down because they go down a blind avenue, delay the pass too long or play it to quickly, but he has an innate understanding in these situations and makes the right decision far more often than not. Talented dribblers can often be bad for holding on to the ball for too long, especially at a young age, but he's very good at circulating the ball and knowing when to carry it or make an incisive pass.

Like you said stylistically he's different, but it's the same thing where on the break etc you just know they'll make an intelligent play and keep the attack going.
Yea, he has the same sort if brain. I can see him developing to a top class level. I had been praying that we signed him for ages, but that died with his new contract.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Arsenal fans are always so quick to hype up their youngsters but how many have actually ever gone on to greatness. For what it's worth I think Saka is a great talent but I don't think he's on the same level as Greenwood let alone Sancho.
He’s comfortably on Greenwood’s level.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
"TrustinJanuzaj"

Sorry man couldn't resist :lol:

cyberman

Form yes but Greenwood has an elite level skill set thatll take him to the very top imo

TrustInJanuzaj

Overrating players is a Caf obsession.

Saka is alright. ESR is maybe the bigger talent and Balogun could be another Gnabry.
Not going to disagree with you there! Do you know Diallo is the next Messi though?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He's a completely different player but I'd back Greenwood to reach a level Saka never does. He's just got a far rarer skill set and talent.
That’s like simply saying De Bruyne could never reach Pogba’s level because Pogba is more skilful, which he is. It isn’t as simple as that.

Saka has some of the rarest gifts of all if you look closely enough anyway. Just as few young players have what Saka has as they do Greenwood’s gifts. He’s a teenager who has barely had a bad game in two seasons. He’s extremely rare.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal

Games 6
goals 4
assists 2

Correct. We've had a problem in that position all season while Pepe & Willian have been rubbish. Saka had played left back, left wing back, left centre mid, left wing, all to a very good level, but since he's been put on the right he's really excelled. It's no coincidence since he's moved there & ESR came in the teams attacking has been improved greatly.

Im not sure there much point in trying to compare players. Think England should just enjoy having some of the top attacking U21 players in Europe.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Correct. We've had a problem in that position all season while Pepe & Willian have been rubbish. Saka had played left back, left wing back, left centre mid, left wing, all to a very good level, but since he's been put on the right he's really excelled. It's no coincidence since he's moved there & ESR came in the teams attacking has been improved greatly.

Im not sure there much point in trying to compare players. Think England should just enjoy having some of the top attacking U21 players in Europe.
I think it is tricky to compare players, especially ones so young and with different skillsets. I am very envious of the talent England is producing though, there's some lovely players coming through. Hopefully the Welsh FA can try and steal a couple, as it is part of their strategy.

TrustInJanuzaj

That’s like simply saying De Bruyne could never reach Pogba’s level because Pogba is more skilful, which he is. It isn’t as simple as that.

Saka has some of the rarest gifts of all if you look closely enough anyway. Just as few young players have what Saka has as they do Greenwood’s gifts. He’s a teenager who has barely had a bad game in two seasons. He’s extremely rare.
Sakas biggest gift is his decision making which undoubtedly makes him a good player for his age but the same things were said about Dele Ali, Jack Wilshere amongst others. Decision making at a young age is not entirely uncommon, finishing at the level of Greenwood is almost unheard of and in fact, he's better than many regular pros. The only young player in world football currently with that level of finishing ability is Haaland which highlights the rarity. Now, this doesn't mean that Greenwood doesn't have to improve in other elements as he absolutely does, but with a gift like his, if he puts it all together he's going right into the elite category. I haven't seen that level of talent from Saka yet.

mu4c_20le

Correct. We've had a problem in that position all season while Pepe & Willian have been rubbish.
Shocking management to spend all those millions on transfer fees and wages, when the answer is right under your nose. Do your coaches not watch him in training?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Sakas biggest gift is his decision making which undoubtedly makes him a good player for his age but the same things were said about Dele Ali, Jack Wilshere amongst others. Decision making at a young age is not entirely uncommon, finishing at the level of Greenwood is almost unheard of and in fact, he's better than many regular pros. The only young player in world football currently with that level of finishing ability is Haaland which highlights the rarity. Now, this doesn't mean that Greenwood doesn't have to improve in other elements as he absolutely does, but with a gift like his, if he puts it all together he's going right into the elite category. I haven't seen that level of talent from Saka yet.
I think decision making at a young age is extremely uncommon. It’s literally the most obvious thing for a young player to improve on more often than not.

TrustInJanuzaj

I think decision making at a young age is extremely uncommon. It’s literally the most obvious thing for a young player to improve on more often than not.
More uncommon than elite finishing? Decision making is also possibly one of the easiest things to improve with age, doesn't mean it always happens but it often does. It's much easier to improve decision making than technical skills for example. Anyway, I'd argue decision making isn't really a big weakness for Greenwood either, his biggest issue is imposing himself physically onto games.

dbs235

He's consistently one of Arsenal's best players on the pitch in every game. Admittedly sometimes that's not a difficult achievement.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
Shocking management to spend all those millions on transfer fees and wages, when the answer is right under your nose. Do your coaches not watch him in training?
Think it's more a slight on the players themselves than the actual management.

In terms of Pepe, it was different management that signed him, & at that time it's difficult to know if the young players can make the step up. Look at Reiss Nelson, he was strolling the U23's, but he's never quite made that consistent step up. Yet we signed Martinelli to go into the U23's & he grabbed his chance when he got it.

As for Willian, I think the management wanted an experienced guy that can play wide or as number 10 for a couple of years. Even I couldn't see how much he would drop off. ESR is great for that position but does struggle with injuries as we seen again last night, hence the need for Odegaard.

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
Our best player at the club by far and our best youth player since Cesc Fabregas. The kid is immense.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Putting the Gooners on his back, won't be long till a big club comes calling for him.