Salomón Rondón - ManUtd interested in loan deal

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
At this point i'd take anyone. I remember he was always a handful for defenders. Obviously wish we had identified a decent target but at this point

Born2Lose

Doubt he could be any more underwhelming off the bench than Mata or Lingard so sign him up.

C'est Moi Cantona

Beggars can't be choosers. Besides we can't sign someone good because that would hurt Martial's feelings.
Just not happy that we are in a position to be begging.

To be in a position where literally any striker would do is a bit mad really.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I can't belive so many would be ok with this, he's in the Chinese league for a reason.
The reason being that the manager who rated him so highly at Newcastle wanted him too at his next club. Yes, both Benitez and Rondon are at Dalian Yifang.

ROFLUTION

Fine option for me. Has physique, has speed so he would still fit in our way of playing. Not a bad player.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Good shout, prem proven and a bit of a tank up top, definitely something we're lacking. Takes a good free kick too.

Obligatory.

Infestissumam

Yes, learn the lesson, and get better people doing the planning at the club in future.
I think we can all agree that we have to get better people in that regard. The incompetence is staggering, there's no denying here.

BUT, we can't finish the season with just Martial and Greenwood. That's actual insanity. We're still in the hunt for top 4 and in the EL, we simply need bodies. And I think you're a bit unfair towards Rondon, he was quality for Newcastle last year. He could do a job at United or a few months for sure, he's perfect to bring on when we need a goal.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Caf happy with it. Right then...now what.

Just one rumour nothing will materialise.

dogwithabone

I’d test Leicester with a late late bid for Vardy. The clock is ticking for him and after all he’s done for them could they stand in the way of a career swan song at a massive club ?

We could get two years out of him and £20m plus a couple of our dead wood would be a great deal.

Snafu17

At this point, with Rashford injured, I'd take him. I don't see how will we manage to get him on a six month loan on decent wages. Unless his club wants to get rid of him because of the whole budget cap thing they're trying to introduce, but even so I can't see why would they want to loan him out rather then sell him.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Decent at Newcastle but now he's playing in Chinese league and probably doesn't even train with needed intensity. He can already be slowly retiring which is exactly why footballers go there.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Awful idea to bring this chap to the club. We’ve really regressed judging by this link. Sad times.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I’d test Leicester with a late late bid for Vardy. The clock is ticking for him and after all he’s done for them could they stand in the way of a career swan song at a massive club ?

We could get two years out of him and £20m plus a couple of our dead wood would be a great deal.
Step away from the pipe

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
On loan, feck it why not? I like the way he plays at least. Not really good enough but better option than Dimani Mellor for the next 6 months.

KristianMackle

The difference in hold-up play between Lukaku and Rondon is like night and day.
My point was we don't need any more strikers who spend most of their time with their back to the goal. We want someone making runs in behind, someone who has the ability and composure to dribble past several players, someone who can create their own chances too.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.

Vardy prefers being a big fish in a smaller pond. He's made Leicester his home, turned down a move to Arsenal previously when everyone else was leaving, and even decided he'd rather just focus on Leicester than play for England too. I can't ever see Vardy leaving Leicester for the right reasons.

Negative Red

At this point we just need someone who can hold the ball up make it worth while crossing the ball into the box. I'd be happy with Rondon for a few months definitely.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
My point was we don't need any more strikers who spend most of their time with their back to the goal. We want someone making runs in behind, someone who has the ability and composure to dribble past several players, someone who can create their own chances too.
Yeah,you're not going to get that in January. You're practically asking for a world class forward.

Zoo

Fair enough but I’d say that Rondon is also very mobile and has a pretty strong all-round game. Beggars can’t be choosers.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
If this were possible due to the circumstances out there why would we not go for Arnautovic instead?

Bwuk

Are we Manchester United or West Ham United?

Absolutely not.

KW2006

China just called off this season's football competition due to Wuhan coronavirus.

Brophs

The One and Only
Answer me one question. Does he want to have his face annihilated, permanently devastating his bone structure and chances of finding love, or even companionship, to score a goal? Because that’s the benchmark, baby.

Alabaster Codify7

As an off-the-bench wrecking ball option, he would offer fresh legs and a willing attitude. I would do it - we are absolutely running on fumes at the moment and Martial has less fight in him than I have in my little finger. Rondon would add something, nothing much, but he'd carry some load.