Salomón Rondón - ManUtd interested in loan deal

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
We won't find Messi on loan that's for sure.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Dont get the snobbery. Christ,in early 00's we brought in Andy Goram on loan. :lol:

KristianMackle

Yeah,you're not going to get that in January. You're practically asking for a world class forward.
Not really. Arnautovic can do that but he's so far away or Jesus Morales at Levante. Loan with the option to buy. These are doable deals.
Not asking for prime Thierry Henry.

KristianMackle

Fair enough but I’d say that Rondon is also very mobile and has a pretty strong all-round game. Beggars can’t be choosers.
He's not a bad player but if we're looking at the Chinese Super league, there are much better.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Average players for average team.

cyberman

Not really. Arnautovic can do that but he's so far away or Jesus Morales at Levante. Loan with the option to buy. These are doable deals.
Not asking for prime Thierry Henry.
Probably dont wanna buy him after 6 months though?
Why do we want to buy our short term, emergency signing?

laughtersassassin

I'm not sure who but we have to get a striker in on loan. Worst case they fail. It's a loan so who cares. Getting no one is just failing on purpose

My point was we don't need any more strikers who spend most of their time with their back to the goal. We want someone making runs in behind, someone who has the ability and composure to dribble past several players, someone who can create their own chances too.
We do however need one who can actually do that. Nobody since Zlatan has been any good at it.

As for the last part, name me one player in modern football let alone one who is available. Even Messi and Ronaldo have stopped doing all of that now.

Paul_Scholes18

As an off-the-bench wrecking ball option, he would offer fresh legs and a willing attitude. I would do it - we are absolutely running on fumes at the moment and Martial has less fight in him than I have in my little finger. Rondon would add something, nothing much, but he'd carry some load.
Agree he did alright for Newcastle. In a better team he might do even more. We need options if we want to fight for the europa league. With him and Bruno and Pogba/Rashford back then we should be seen as the favorites to win it . I think Inter might be our biggest threat if they have full focus for it. Imagine that final if Sanchez, Young and Lukaku bloody starts! After them it is probably Sevilla, Arsenal, Ajax, Roma who might be the biggest threat.
Funny enough Smalling might cause us problems too. Loaning players out/selling might be what ruins our season ;).

devilish

Dont get the snobbery. Christ,in early 00's we brought in Andy Goram on loan. :lol:
I never really understood why we considered Henrik Larsson's deal as a success either. 3 goals in 13 games against mighty Aston Villa, Watford and Lille. I think Rondon can do better then that

KristianMackle

We do however need one who can actually do that. Nobody since Zlatan has been any good at it.

As for the last part, name me one player in modern football let alone one who is available. Even Messi and Ronaldo have stopped doing all of that now.
I don't think we do and that's why Ole let Lukaku go. Ole wants a ball playing striker; someone great on the ball and ready to make all kinds of runs. A very mobile striker.

I've seen Josh King dribble past several players. I'm not talking about a Messi type dribbler, just someone who can get past a defender without having to pass it back all the time. There's plenty strikers who can do that.

oLeSoLsKjAeR20

I never really understood why we considered Henrik Larsson's deal as a success either. 3 goals in 13 games against mighty Aston Villa, Watford and Lille. I think Rondon can do better then that
His link up play was great. I remember that time really well and he was very good overall. Yeah the goals tally wasn't amazing but it was about much more than that. Think the general feeling after his loan spell was that we were so frustrated we didn't get him on a permanent deal about 5 years earlier

izec

He is a handful, physical and a pain to play against at times. Could teach our defenders a few things and would be nice to be thrown in at some games. Basically Fellaini as a striker. Seems Ole has realised he needs a plan B up front

jamesjimmybyrondean

Why are some people against this guy? First of all he's not going to start. Second it would be a loan deal. Third, there really isn't any striker good enough that's available right now. He's did alright for a Newcastle side so he's Pl proven, he also fits the description of the type of striker we need right now. I don't see how we can do better for a back up striker with 2 days to go in the January transfer window

Crustanoid

Can see this happening.

Unfortunately it will be in March and Ed will make some excuse about the transfer window shutting before he could get round to making an enquiry

Devil may care

The desperation is as real the thirst of muppets, he's so fecking average it hurts, literally just a body to make up the numbers.

Did you watch Larsson here? He was great. Involved in everything and linked up well with Rooney and Ronaldo, and ran himself into the ground every time he played.

devilish

His link up play was great. I remember that time really well and he was very good overall. Yeah the goals tally wasn't amazing but it was about much more than that. Think the general feeling after his loan spell was that we were so frustrated we didn't get him on a permanent deal about 5 years earlier
There's no doubt that Larsson was a tremendous player in his prime. However by then he had one foot in his career's grave. I think it was more about how the fans perceived him rather then the actual performance on the pitch. The guy celebrated his first goal with us as if he was a 16 year old homegrown talent scoring his debut goal in a derby/CL final. That's a humbling experience for a striker whose done it all. He clearly showed that he cared, something most of us appreciate.

Paul_Scholes18

Why are some people against this guy? First of all he's not going to start. Second it would be a loan deal. Third, there really isn't any striker good enough that's available right now. He's did alright for a Newcastle side so he's Pl proven, he also fits the description of the type of striker we need right now. I don't see how we can do better for a back up striker with 2 days to go in the January transfer window
People expect Messi in or something like that. Crazy expectations. Think Cavani might be the only better one we could potentially get here.

I don't think we do and that's why Ole let Lukaku go. Ole wants a ball playing striker; someone great on the ball and ready to make all kinds of runs. A very mobile striker.

I've seen Josh King dribble past several players. I'm not talking about a Messi type dribbler, just someone who can get past a defender without having to pass it back all the time. There's plenty strikers who can do that.
We dont need one to start every game, but we need that ability as an option when plan A doesn't work, as it often doesn't.

Lukaku was a useless target man.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Why are people so against this? Would certainly improve our options up front.

The people turning their noses up at this will be the same ones who did the same when we were linked with Mane and Moussa Dembele.

Just because a player has played for a 'smaller club', doesn't make them not good enough. There are more than enough examples to disprove this.

For what it's worth, I can't see it happening, but i'd be very happy with it.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I’d test Leicester with a late late bid for Vardy. The clock is ticking for him and after all he’s done for them could they stand in the way of a career swan song at a massive club ?

We could get two years out of him and £20m plus a couple of our dead wood would be a great deal.
When he turned down Arsenal, they were in a better place than you are now.
Besides, he's playing a side practically guaranteed CL football next season and still developing, at a club where he will basically be their biggest legend ever when he retires. He isn't leaving that to be a stop gap for a Manchester United in disarray.

TrustInOle

People going right over the top again, and I ain't surprised really, this fan base gets more laughable by the day. It is painfully obvious that we need a striker asap Rondon is proven premier league pedigree, dominant with men around him, which we have no one forward who can do this, he is quite good in the air and finds decent pockets of space to run into the box and holds the ball up well.

No it isn't a luxury signing, it is a needed signing and probably the best on the market that was realistic. Also note its a LOAN to cover til summer. Some people just have no chill and the club can do no good it seems.

izec

The desperation is as real the thirst of muppets, he's so fecking average it hurts, literally just a body to make up the numbers.
Well yeah, he would be a loan for half the season. You cant expect anyone to be good that comes in now on loan. Ole is looking for a short term battering ram up front

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He is a handful, still a decent age and a real workhorse. He actually isn’t a bad footballer either.

This is a good move. He will keep centre backs busy and cause a lot of confusion. With players around him like Rashford, Greenwood and martial, and midfielders who can hit a ball like Bruno and Matic, this is a goer.

With this guy in the team, along with grit of Fred, McTominey and Williams, and pace in attack, suddenly teams are not that fussed about going to Old Trafford again.

We need some fighters in to keep the season going, a 5 month loan is a no brainer.