Sam Allardyce - new England manager

What do you think of Sam Allardyce: England manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tiber

A lot of people talk the piss out of Big Sam - but he is a far better option than Klinnsman who has been dreadful in America

vk20legend

That's Sunderland relegated this year..

He can't do worse than Woy.. The football might be boring, but that's not new with England..

Zoo

Yeah it's the best choice. Klinsmann would be awful, there's no deep analysis needed Hodgson was simply a poor coach who should have been sacked after the World Cup.

Tiber

That's Sunderland relegated this year..

He can't do worse than Woy.. The football might be boring, but that's not new with England..
Im not English so it wont really impact me.
However, whilst some will scoff at the idea of big sam getting the England job, England have a mediocre side and wont attract the best managers.

I bet Iceland wouldnt knock Sam out of a major tournment.

Red Stone

I rate Allardyce. He's probably the best in the business along with Pulis at not getting relegated with poor teams. I don't know if his style will suit England, though. England are the better team in most of the games they play, and Big Sam is at his best managing the underdogs.

Castia

Didn't think it could get worse than Roy but big Sam could prove me wrong, what a shit appointment that would be.

Carolina Red

Staff
1) Would he do worse than Woy?

2) Would he set the team up to play in the "English style"?

3) Would he therefore put English players in the best position to be successful?

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
TBF if they are going with an English manager, they really have no outstanding alternatives.

It's either Big Sam, Eddie Howe or Pardiola.

vk20legend

However, whilst some will scoff at the idea of big sam getting the England job, England have a mediocre side and wont attract the best managers.

Naah.. That much I am sure.. Iceland wouldn't have. He would have got the job done against the lower level teams.. And maybe even a few upsets along the way..

Might be a good appointment..

RedStarUnited

1) Would he do worse than Woy? Possibly not, but McClaren failed to qualify for a tournament.

2) Would he set the team up to play in the "English style"? The English style hasn't won anything in over 50 years.

3) Would he therefore put English players in the best position to be successful? Maybe..

saivet

He plays a pretty shit brand of football, but a decent manager. As an England fan, it's understandably hard to get excited by.

Bojan11

His style is slightly exaggerated. His Bolton team with Okocha was good to watch. West Ham were great to watch for 6 months in his last season there. Sunderland were better to watch than the dross they served before him for years.

Are you on a wind-up? Have you seen the money England pay for the manager's job? There's a reason they were able to hire the likes of Capello.

AndyJ1985

I look forward to 4 more years of under-performing and crap football.

Smores

He's the appointment I wanted from the reasonable options so I'd be happy with this. Dreading it going to Southgate.

He's one of the better managers at working with what you have and he isn't meek. We need someone with a bit of backbone.

montpelier

Yeah go on, England call ups for Bardsley, Shawcross, Cattermole & whichever GK kicks it furthest are long overdue

and Andy Carroll, :D

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
If they wanted to go English they did not have much choice if they wanted to go English. Big Sam did well with Bolton but, has been pretty meh since then. He has had a decent budget in his jobs since then but, has still played the same tumescent stuff. He will not lead England to glory but, then again no one will.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
I think he'd be a good choice, actually. If you're adamant on sticking with an English man, he's probably the best choice at the moment. It's a bit too soon for Howe.

Walters_19_MuFc

We've tried the possession route, and we failed to break teams down.

With Portugal winning the Euro's, yet again, we've been reminded that you don't always have to have the ball to win a game.

Under Sam, we'd hopefully be a solid unit to break down and a threat on the counter.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Big mistake :lol:

They'd be hiring a guy because he's good enough to just avoid getting teams relegated. Magic.

Classical Mechanic

We've tried the possession route, and we failed to break teams down.

With Portugal winning the Euro's, yet again, we've been reminded that you don't always have to have the ball to win a game.

Under Sam, we'd hopefully be a solid unit to break down and a threat on the counter.
I agree with you on that. Portugal have won the Euros with just one win in 90 minutes! Playing dire stuff all the way through.

ti vu

Gutted. Looking forward Big Sam's Real Madrid master class tactic vs Pep.