Sam Johnstone | Performances & Updates

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Johnstone is a very good gk, its shocking that he isnt playing higher then League One at the moment....he could easily play for top championship side or even lower EPL(if fecking Green can...).

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
Amos is not good enough with the ball at his feet. Johnstone on the other hand looks a top keeper in the making. Really would have loved to see him get a chance in the cups or something but I suspect he will have to leave to get a proper chance at a top flight career.

Sid234

People probably will think I hype up players from our academy too much but I think Amos will have a Foster-like career and Johnstone is at least a level higher than that.
I completely agree. If we dont intend to keep DDG long term, we should keep Johnstone!

khoazany

I completely agree. If we dont intend to keep DDG long term, we should keep Johnstone!
I wouldn't get as high as that (the pressure of being number 1 at United is crazy) but with a good management of his development there's no reason he can't make a good number 2.

Rykker_4united

Supports
Keep Rodgers at Pool.
Move Lindegaard on somewhere so he can actually play somewhere and Johnstone should be the 3rd choice.

Sid234

At Johnstone's age it makes sense to get him 1st team football than being the #3 and playing reserve football

Acole9

Outstanding
Johnstone is a very good gk, its shocking that he isnt playing higher then League One at the moment....he could easily play for top championship side or even lower EPL(if fecking Green can...).
Green is having a good season at Qpr in all fairness. He was also a fairly decent goalkeeper when Norwich were in the Premier League.

I think Johnstone can definitely play in the Championship, I'm not sure about the Premier League though. It would be interesting to see if he could cut it there or not.

I read a few months ago that young Serbian keeper Milinkovic will return from his loan in the summer and be third choice behind De Gea (Presuming he signs a new contract) and Valdes. I've also heard that Joel Pereira is also held in high regard by the club.

Šjor Bepo

Green is having a good season at Qpr in all fairness. He was also a fairly decent goalkeeper when Norwich were in the Premier League.
i think he is poor to be honest.....as for his Norwich spell, dont really remember how he did but he probably was decent as he earned the england call up.

Sid234

i think he is poor to be honest.....as for his Norwich spell, dont really remember how he did but he probably was decent as he earned the england call up.
Green's a great shot stopper, just very poor in the air and dealing with crosses.. Reminds me of Kuszczak

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
He should probably sort out his grammar.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Does that girl realise the irony of her comments? I guess not.

Sid234

Steve Cotterill believes Bristol City would have won the game had Preston goalkeeper Sam Johnstone not been on top form.

Robins striker Aaron Wilbraham, who earlier had been twice denied by the impressive Johnstone, cancelled out Jermaine Beckford's strike as the points were shared between the top two in the table.

And Cotterill, whose side remain eight points clear of Preston at the summit and 13 ahead of third-placed MK Dons, praised the North End stopper.

"I think we deserved to win the game in the end. Their goalkeeper got man of the match and that tells its own tale," said Cotterill.

"He's pulled off some magnificent saves from Aaron Wilbraham and Kieran Agard. How he's kept those out I'll never know and I thought he was magnificent."
Simon Grayson:
"It was a big performance by Sam Johnstone. He's contributed to another great performance by the team. You don't want him to be busy in an ideal but when he was called upon he's made all the right decisions."

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
He played well. Made some vital saves and couldn't have done anything about the goal.

Shame it wasn't enough to give Preston automatic promotion.

Šjor Bepo

Chesterfield 0:1 Preston

Another clean sheet for Big Sam, this time away to Chesterfield in playoff semis.....hopefully they would finish the job in the second leg.

m1y2

Chesterfield 0:1 Preston

Another clean sheet for Big Sam, this time away to Chesterfield in playoff semis.....hopefully they would finish the job in the second leg.
would be a great experience to get the team to championship and even better to spend another year there on loan.. facing so many tough games. He may be ready next year once de Gea goes for free to Madrid.. How highly do we think of him, haven't seen him for a while now

Šjor Bepo

would be a great experience to get the team to championship and even better to spend another year there on loan.. facing so many tough games. He may be ready next year once de Gea goes for free to Madrid.. How highly do we think of him, haven't seen him for a while now
i dont think we will ever produce young gk for the first team, to much risk off sacrificing results....the only way is through the loan system, "The Courtois way" but the chances of that happening are pretty small.
Regardless of Preston end to this season i think Sam should play at least in the Championship next season, if Preston go up he should stay there, if they dont we should find him another club, maybe Derby? Their gk doesnt look good....

Eto'odinho

Retard magnet
This lad ticks a lot of boxes for me. He needs to be playing competitive football not backup to the status quo. We should do what Chelsea did with Courtois and let him remain at PNE for at least the next two seasons

Sid234

Played in the 4-0 win over Swindon.. Made one good save, had very less to do overall. I think Swindon had like 3 shots on target the entire game? Preston completely thrashed them

Loublaze

ATLien
Johnstone has always looked impressive. He's another loan season away from coming back to OT as a number 2 IMO, if he keeps developing at this rate. I hope we don't sell him.

Sid234

I think he'll be a PL level GK at the very least and might even be good enough to be our #1. Has a shot if DDG goes and we stick with Valdes for the near future

Sid234

Goes on the tour, looks like he's the #3 GK behind Lindegaard. I dunno if Valdes is injured or leaving the club but if it's the latter, wonder if LvG will keep Sam around rather than loan him out

JoaquinJoaquin

Goes on the tour, looks like he's the #3 GK behind Lindegaard. I dunno if Valdes is injured or leaving the club but if it's the latter, wonder if LvG will keep Sam around rather than loan him out
I hope he does keep Johnstone at the club as he is very talented. Quite surprised Lindegaard is still here in all honesty.