Samuel Luckhurst - Should he be fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swagawa

One retweet and another that I believe is referencing the video where Evra used the n-word during his Monaco days. Probably suggesting Evra's use of the word isn't comparable to Suarez's which is correct.

He does seem to be a bit petty though.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
It's not Luckhurst saying that. It's a RT. Twitter was different then. You had to write "RT"

I think he was shaming the guy who said it, not endorsing it
A RT usually means you agree with that someone is saying. However his next or previous tweet to that one would give a better indication. Did he condemn it then? Because just retweeting something, to me anyway, shows you agree/support what was tweeted.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
How long before someone rings the police to report him. To be fair, he is a xenophobe, that much is clear.

Sylar

Calling people who disagree with him a fanboi is still hilarious. Or a fifa stat worshipper. Or his best one, 'well have you been to Old Trafford' or if the reply is yes 'well ive clearly been there more than you' or something.
Its too funny.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He's enough of a tool without having to resort to misrepresenting things, and calling for him to be fired seems unnecessary to say the least.

VanGaalEra

Yeah a bit weird to keep on using disparaging comments about "foreign" or non local looking people
Suspicious and disheartening that 6 foreign people have took up first row seats in 50K seater stadium. The feck!?:houllier:
Just don't get what's 'suspicious' about it?

You can no longer be Asian and watch football games as it arouses suspicion as to why you're there.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He's enough of a tool without having to resort to misrepresenting things, and calling for him to be fired seems unnecessary to say the least.
You'll never get to lead a twitter mob with that sort of attitude.

Infra-red

You're actually Luckhurst, aren't you? :lol:

You've also been having a go at Di Marzio and his 'cronies' in the Fabinho thread. Then in this thread you're here to stick up for him.
:lol: No. I just find the idea of vilifying someone and publicly calling for them to be fired from their job, just because they hold firm to the club's briefing that there's no interest in a player everyone has decide we must sign, to be ridiculous. Even if he's a bit of an idiot.

Paxi

Genuine question. Does he struggle with knowing what words to use in a sentence ?

Suspicious? In what context could that make any sense
It really doesn't make whole lot of sense.

Swagawa

Just don't get what's 'suspicious' about it?

You can no longer be Asian and watch football games as it arouses suspicion as to why you're there.
I think he's implying that they were there to fill empty seats.

Paxi

It's all just a bit of faux outrage really. No one would have given a feck about his tweets had he kept his mouth shut regarding Fabinho.

feck with the muppets at your own peril is all i have to say!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
@VanGaalEra do you not think it might be an idea to delete at least the second tweet from your OP given the context has been explained? It's not beyond the realms of possibility that this could be seen by people at the M.E.N.

Paxi

I think he's implying that they were there to fill empty seats.

What so they gave Asian people seats to fill the stadium? Is he trying to say that there isn't enough City fans to go to a Manchester derby? It's clearly nonsensical bollocks.

Infra-red

What so they gave Asian people seats to fill them? Is he trying to say that there isn't enough City fans to go to a Manchester derby? It's clearly nonsensical bollocks.
Yes he appears to be saying they padded the stadium out with people flown in from abroad because they wanted to avoid the embarrassment of empty seats in a derby. Sounds like bollocks to me too, but it's hardly grounds for throwing around accusations of racism!

Paxi

Yes he appears to be saying they padded the stadium out with people flown in from abroad because they wanted to avoid the embarrassment of empty seats in a derby. Sounds like bollocks to me too, but it's hard grounds for throwing around accusations of racism!
He's not a racist. He's just a dumb feckwit.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yes he appears to be saying they padded the stadium out with people flown in from abroad because they wanted to avoid the embarrassment of empty seats in a derby. Sounds like bollocks to me too, but it's hardly grounds for throwing around accusations of racism!
He is always taking the piss out of City and their empty seats. Especially for big games.

Paxi

He is always taking the piss out of City and their empty seats. Especially for big games.
Which is unprofessional as feck for a journolist to do. What makes it worse is that he does it using xenophobic undertones.

I'm surprised senior journos at MEN haven't told him to tone it down.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Has already made discriminatory comments about asian fans so not that arsed if he gets sacked.
Except we suspect people have taken that the wrong way. He is remarkably stupid. He should have just said that they have brought in fans to fill the seats. As soon as you bring a race into it, then people are bound to get suspicious.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Had a quick scroll to his twitter, and there's tonnes of fans ranting at him.
Can't quite see what started this all off. Simply him saying we're not interested in Fabinho?

Bearing in mind the club themselves put out that we weren't, and bearing in mind it doesn't sound imminent, what's the problem?

This is outside his other borderline dodgy/out of context comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.