g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Samuel Luckhurst - Should he be fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
How anyone can actually look at this situation and defend him is beyond me. His attitude is appalling.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I was looking forward to see a sport journalist get sacked. Nothing wrong with this thread

el3mel

Found some one on twitter sharing this previous twitter of Samuel. :lol:

Stactix

Anyone that utters the 'never been to a game' bollocks can fecking do one.

Luckhurst's a right bellend though.
'Fanboy this, fanboy that' in an actual article.. How fecking petty, then he blocks anyone that calls him out on it. Just read the Fabinho article, that's enough to make him indefensible.
Quite like watching the twitter mob erupt but the fanbase is truly embarrasing at times.. Reading through the replies to Utd posts it's like fecking twitch chat at times.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Anyone that utters the 'never been to a game' bollocks can fecking do one.

Luckhurst's a right bellend though.
'Fanboy this, fanboy that' in an actual article.. How fecking petty, then he blocks anyone that calls him out on it. Just read the Fabinho article, that's enough to make him indefensible.
Quite like watching the twitter mob erupt but the fanbase is truly embarrasing at times.. Reading through the replies to Utd posts it's like fecking twitch chat at times.
This.

OL29

You were kicking off for him pointing out it's ridiculous that a Nigerian football fan called him a "rag".
So nothing to do with Fabinho then?
Anyway, what's him being Nigerian got to do with it though? The guy he was talking to was a dedicated match going fan, so what's nationality got to do with it?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
So nothing to do with Fabinho then?
Anyway, what's him being Nigerian got to do with it though? The guy he was talking to was a dedicated match going fan, so what's nationality got to do with it?
I took the point as living thousands Id miles awaysbfrom the club means you getting involved in local rivalries is ridiculous. Which... it is.

EyeInTheSky

I intervened to correct a misunderstanding (in fact numerous misunderstandings), which, in part, was fuelling a witchunt to get a man fired from his job.

That's the same question. You're asking me to speculate on why a man I've never met or spoken to wrote something in a tweet 6 years ago. I have no idea.

Agreed.
Yeah, I was the first to correct that misunderstanding for one poster. As for the "speculate on something someone tweeted 6 years ago" what does the timeline have to do with what he actually said?

You think an editor of a newspaper or anyone for that matter making comments like "Idiotic Asian fan" or any other number of his xenophobic quotes is appropriate in any way shape or form? There's no speculation needed here mate. Your avoidance of the obvious is duly noted.

if I said to you "your attempts to deflect from the obvious racial contempt in his tweets are obvious and lame" would you understand what I said or would you have to speculate on what I said and meant?

saivet

Always found it bizarre how angry people get in here/twitter when a journo says something they don't agree with. You may find him annoying, not a reliable journo, but confused why you'd want him fired.

Boycott

He's a try-hard wanker who acts contarian so to appear cooler.

Everyone's heard the phrase 'top red' - there's also a group of fans who are cynical about everything about the club. Luckhurst is that type of fan. Probably tries to get kudos from older fans who mostly criticise modern football. No shock from a red issue reader.

OL29

I took the point as living thousands Id miles awaysbfrom the club means you getting involved in local rivalries is ridiculous. Which... it is.
I disagree, he's probably picked it up from fellow city fans, can hardly blame him for wanting partake in a bit of local banter.

But besides that, what about his homophobia, or about his constant reference to fans from abroad not being real 'fans'. And besides all of that, his general attitude is just dismissive of anyone that disagrees with him. It's not really a surprise that there's so much ill-will towards him.

As I've said, I really don't think he should be sacked, I just thinks he needs an attitude adjustment or risk alinenating a large group of people who enable him to do his job.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He's a try-hard wanker who acts contarian so to appear cooler.

Everyone's heard the phrase 'top red' - there's also a group of fans who are cynical about everything about the club. Luckhurst is that type of fan. Probably tries to get kudos from older fans who mostly criticise modern football. No shock from a red issue reader.
Spot on.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
The OP doesn't make sense to me, have a load of tweets been deleted or something? His biggest offence is that his articles are usually shite.

Infra-red

Can someone please give me a tl;dr version of why so many people on twitter are getting their panties in a bunch about this bloke?
He told them that they aren't getting the new shiny toy they all want. Once they'd finished having a meltdown, an army of loonies on twitter dug up some tweets from years ago, misrepresented them and then used those misrepresentations to stoke up enough hatred to start a petition to get him fired.

devil in me

He told them that they aren't getting the new shiny toy they all want. Once they'd finished having a meltdown, an army of loonies on twitter dug up some tweets from years ago, misrepresented them and then used those misrepresentations to stoke up enough hatred to start a petition to get him fired.
Good grief. Just read this whole thread and didnt have a clue what was going on. The boredom of the close season messes with people's heads!

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Thanks. Stay classy, Twitter.

EyeInTheSky

Absolute shambolic by some of you lot. Deleted around 25 posts related to that apparent second tweet of him.

Some of you need to calm down.
hey KM did you delete on of my posts by accident? I did not write anything in support of the second tweet, in fact, I corrected some on it. I think another unrelated post was deleted as well. Can you re-instate them, please?

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
I think Luckhurst might have a bit of a coke problem, those outbursts are very familiar.

EyeInTheSky

not quite...while some melts misunderstood the re-tweets he did from some abhorrent people. The main crux of it was the fact he has a number of tweets where he calls someone an "idiot Asian fan" and other tweets where he says "suspicious tourists" sitting in the front row of some game or some shite

they think is infra-red as you can look back and confirm for yourself is going out of his way to avoid the obvious

EyeInTheSky

you're pretty good at that yourself buddy. See you got your keyboard working again or were you just ignoring me?

I am starting to suspect you as Lukhurst himself. Either that or his wife signed up for an account on here.:lol:

C'est Moi Cantona

Certainly had his share of attention today, and they do say there's no such thing as bad publicity, imo the best thing to do with pointless stuff is to ignore it, then it usually goes away..

VanGaalEra

That response was from Luckhurst himself.

The guys a twat and has had his previous xenophobic comments dugup, he seems to have a problem with Asian fans in particular coming to games and oddly wanting them to get shot.

Mister_Stubbs

Guy puts up with abuse all day every day from fans.. finally bites back and people want him sacked. What a fecked up world we live in.

Fergies Gum

Anyone know when he joined MEN?

I am thinking he joined them after he made all these nasty tweets. If MEN were aware of these tweets back then, they'd never have hired him.

EyeInTheSky

That response was from Luckhurst himself.

The guys a twat and has had his previous xenophobic comments dugup, he seems to have a problem with Asian fans in particular coming to games and oddly wanting them to get shot.
Yeah but bantz init bruv. I already mentioned earlier you would get a flood of people clambering over each other to defend him or to divert attention away from it while calling people "Melts" for overreacting.

Aside from Asians who he seems to have contempt from foreigners also and foreign media, he shat on Di-Maurizio article like a bitter slag.

Status
Not open for further replies.