Samuel Luckhurst - Should he be fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He's not very good at articulating himself. He should be fired for that first and foremost.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Had a quick scroll to his twitter, and there's tonnes of fans ranting at him.
Can't quite see what started this all off. Simply him saying we're not interested in Fabinho?

Bearing in mind the club themselves put out that we weren't, and bearing in mind it doesn't sound imminent, what's the problem?

This is outside his other borderline dodgy/out of context comments.
He shouldn't be listening to things the fans don't want to hear.

Swagawa

What so they gave Asian people seats to fill the stadium? Is he trying to say that there isn't enough City fans to go to a Manchester derby? It's clearly nonsensical bollocks.
It's the only logical reason I can think of for suggesting it's suspicious.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Some of his past tweets are being dug up today after that BS article posted by the MEN and let's just say, some are downright disgraceful.

He's an absolute twat of a man and do you think he should he fired?

Missed this, what are you referring to?

MJJ

Except we suspect people have taken that the wrong way. He is remarkably stupid. He should have just said that they have brought in fans to fill the seats. As soon as you bring a race into it, then people are bound to get suspicious.
Why do you suspect that and who is we? He also referred to an Asian fan as an Asian "fan" in another tweet.

Infra-red

Had a quick scroll to his twitter, and there's tonnes of fans ranting at him.
Can't quite see what started this all off. Simply him saying we're not interested in Fabinho?

Bearing in mind the club themselves put out that we weren't, and bearing in mind it doesn't sound imminent, what's the problem?

This is outside his other borderline dodgy/out of context comments.
I think the problem is that he criticised the people who were desperately trying to will the Fabinho transfer over the line and mocked the associated worship of transfer 'gurus' like Di Marzio. Unfortunately for Luckhurst, twitter is populated by huge swathes of these kinds of people and they haven't taken too kindly to his jibes.

ManRant

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What's up with CAF and getting people fired?

Fergies Gum

Some idiot called John Johanson, who has since had his account suspended.
Is there a tweet where he criticises that vile post?

If he's just retweeting that and doesn't criticise the post, then the MEN will take issue with it. It give the impression that the person agrees with the vile point being made and is something he agrees with.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think the problem is that he criticised the people who were desperately trying to will the Fabinho transfer over the line and mocked the associated worship of transfer 'gurus' like Di Marzio. Unfortunately for Luckhurst, twitter is populated by huge swathes of these kinds of people and they haven't taken too kindly to his jibes.
He is right on one thing, there are a huge amount of clueless fans who never go to games :)

I wonder if fans would prefer the likes of him to be sure on signings that are never happening. Those are more irritating

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He is right on one thing, there are a huge amount of clueless fans who never go to games :)

I wonder if fans would prefer the likes of him to be sure on signings that are never happening. Those are more irritating
Exactly. If he kept saying we are going to sign him and we didn't they would all moan just the same. Fans want to hear rumours, but that is all they are.

OL29

Given that Arsenal were playing Leyton Orient that day, it would seem pretty obvious.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/fa_cup/9401140.stm

Thst's fair enough but why bring race into it on the first place? He seems to have a thing for criticising football fans based on where they're from:

@samuelluckhurst
Called a 'rag' by a City fan from Nigeria. Thanks, Twitter.

Like I said, I don't think he should be sacked but he should be educated. Football's an inclusive and diverse sport, and him constantly singling out fans based on origin is divisive to say the least.

JoaquinJoaquin

:lol: No. I just find the idea of vilifying someone and publicly calling for them to be fired from their job, just because they hold firm to the club's briefing that there's no interest in a player everyone has decide we must sign, to be ridiculous. Even if he's a bit of an idiot.
Some of our 'fans' on Twitter are an utter embarrassment. Seeing the abuse Griezmann and his brother (a lifelong Utd fan) got for him not signing made me ashamed to be honest. Especially considering he could even end up here next Summer. By the same token I'm not condoning Luckhurst either.

OL29

Exactly. If he kept saying we are going to sign him and we didn't they would all moan just the same. Fans want to hear rumours, but that is all they are.
I think it's his overall attitude that's annoyed fans rather than him saying Fabinho won't join. I'd noticed on twitter this week that people seem to be getting sick of him. Anyone that disagrees with him is a fanboy in his eyes or has never been to a game. There's ways of engaging in debate without being insulting, I think he'd have less issues if he could grasp this.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Some of our 'fans' on Twitter are an utter embarrassment. Seeing the abuse Griezmann and his brother (a lifelong Utd fan) got for him not signing made me ashamed to be honest. Especially considering he could even end up here next Summer. By the same token I'm not condoning Luckhurst either.
Transfer muppets whipped into a frenzy can be a gruesome sight, mob mentality at it's finest.

Infra-red

Big picture here mate. Why are you fixated on that part?

How many people actually made that mistaken observation around Leyton orient and oriental

Have you worked out why he said the crux of his tweet aside from the insignificant Leyton orient part ?
I've no idea. You could ask him, but I imagine he's rather busy at the moment constructing some sort of bunker for himself.

EyeInTheSky

I've no idea. You could ask him, but I imagine he's rather busy at the moment constructing some sort of bunker for himself.
He's prioritised deleting old tweets first.

Funny you seemed pretty energetic, involved and engaged in the whole process when you thought it was the "Orient/oriental" confusion. Even went as far as digging up an old web link on the game...

Why the sudden Apathy?

OL29

So you can't answer this, what about what I asked you earlier?

Thst's fair enough but why bring race into it on the first place? He seems to have a thing for criticising football fans based on where they're from:

@samuelluckhurst
Called a 'rag' by a City fan from Nigeria. Thanks, Twitter.

Like I said, I don't think he should be sacked but he should be educated. Football's an inclusive and diverse sport, and him constantly singling out fans based on origin is divisive to say the least.
Why does he feel the need to bring someone's ethnicity into debates about football?

Maybe if you can answe that then you'll see why people are annoyed rather than just claiming mobb mentality.

And before you accuse me of playing the race card, I and others also take issue with his homophobia too.

Infra-red

He's prioritised deleting old tweets first.

Funny you seemed pretty energetic, involved and engaged in the whole process when you thought it was the "Orient/oriental" confusion. Even went as far as digging up an old web link on the game...

Why the sudden Apathy?

I intervened to correct a misunderstanding (in fact numerous misunderstandings), which, in part, was fuelling a witchunt to get a man fired from his job.

So you can't answer this, what about what I asked you earlier?

Why does he feel the need to bring someone's ethnicity into debates about football?

Maybe if you can answe that then you'll see why people are annoyed rather than just claiming mobb mentality.

And before you accuse me of playing the race card, I and others also take issue with his homophobia too.

That's the same question. You're asking me to speculate on why a man I've never met or spoken to wrote something in a tweet 6 years ago. I have no idea.

Arguably the worst thread I've seen on here. At least top 10
Agreed.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Absolute shambolic by some of you lot. Deleted around 25 posts related to that apparent second tweet of him.

Some of you need to calm down.

nazanto

This Luckhurst witch hunt started after he wrote an article how he sort of criticize fans for believing in some foreign journo (Maybe Di Marzio) about Fabinho. He said that club did not have any interest on Fabinho.He basically stick to his gun that United not going to sign Fabinho and calling us muppets fanboys because of this.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
This Luckhurst witch hunt started after he wrote an article how he sort of criticize fans for believing in some foreign journo (Maybe Di Marzio) about Fabinho. He said that club did not have any interest on Fabinho.He basically stick to his gun that United not going to sign Fabinho and calling us muppets fanboys because of this.
Sounds like a sound lad tbf. The hatred because he spoiled a transfer story. Idiots.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Sounds like a sound lad tbf. The hatred because he spoiled a transfer story. Idiots.
He can't spoil anything tbh. There would be logic in defending him if he had a remotely good track record. The fact remains that Di Marzio is far more proven than he is, regardless of if he's foreign. Sam L. Seems to have a problem with foreign fans or journalists in general, which makes him even more of a dickhead.

Status
Not open for further replies.