Sancho should be brought back to the first team squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

He's outcasted himself, per Ten Hag statements Sancho hasn't apologized and that's the reason he's separated. It's an ego battle and when that happens you always always support the manager. Feck Sancho sell him or let him rot in the reserves who cares.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
He's shite and a child.

I'll drive him to Riyadh myself if we get a bid for him.

holdsteady

Hates Sir Alex Ferguson
Certainly feels excessive, borderline vindictive, to freeze him out for four months.
All the manager has asked for is an apology after the player called him a liar in public. That's it. An apology and he's back in the side. Ten Hag even said as much this week. But Sancho is either too proud or too dumb to be apologetic.

Castia

All the manager has asked for is an apology after the player called him a liar in public. That's it. An apology and he's back in the side. Ten Hag even said as much this week. But Sancho is either too proud or too dumb to be apologetic.

If he apologises he has to actually work again. Would would this lazy cnut do that??

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He's not like you-know-who that has actually played well for the club, Sancho has done very little in comparison and has already been given a helping hand.

Mike Smalling

Yes, I think we could really use his lack of end product and fragile mentality right now.

Coxy

The sad thing is I can see EtH probably getting sacked, some new manager will come in, reinstate him to the first team, Sancho will maybe put in a few performances and then suddenly it will all be forgiven and EtH was a monster etc.

Seen it happen with Jose, can see it happening again. Get rid of bad overpaid players or better yet stop signing them.
Yup - this

AshRK

We should also bring back pogba and give martial another 5 years contract.

led_scholes

ETH getting sacked. Sancho starts performing amazingly for 1 month. We offer him a new 5 year contract for half a million.

Sancho turns to shit. And so on.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Not unless he apologises. Ten Hag has made that his position and, regardless of any doubts I may have over ETH himself, it is the correct position.

Also, nothing Sancho has done here suggests he would make the slightest bit of difference to our fortunes. To the contrary, he's another player I would expect to put in the sort of limp performances we've seen from players like Rashford and Martial in recent games.

Irwin99

People saying he’s talented and yes of course he is but …we didn't really see that in two seasons did we? Even in games he scored in the most you’d give him would be a seven out of ten and say it was an encouraging performance. I can’t recall one single game where I thought “wow! He’s brilliant”

If it was a player like Tevez for Man City or Beckham for Real Madrid there would be an argument, If something like this had happened to Bruno or Rashford there’d be debates but Sancho just has no credit in the bank.

Garnacho's Shoelaces

The sad thing is I can see EtH probably getting sacked, some new manager will come in, reinstate him to the first team, Sancho will maybe put in a few performances and then suddenly it will all be forgiven and EtH was a monster etc.

Seen it happen with Jose, can see it happening again. Get rid of bad overpaid players or better yet stop signing them.
Agreed, and this power dynamic is caused by having average manager tenures far shorter than average player tenures. Under Fergie, he'd be finished but they know they can stick it out and await the new manager. That's how we've ended up with Martial throwing the towel in on 5 different managers over 10 years.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I am not a fan of Sancho, and I think he's lazy and very mediocre but I feel that the time has come when he should now be offered his place back in the squad with the rest of the team.

He and then manager and a minor spat that escalated and has resulted in Sancho being an outcast since August. The punishment has become disproportionate to the crime here and it needs to end. If not, and Sancho doesn't get a move in January then his top flight career could be over. Teams may be wary of taking on a 24 year old who hasn't trained with the squad or played for a fully year, wrecking a young persons career for a tiff simply isn't fair or reasonable.

Secondly from a purely selfish point of view, the club paid around £73 million for an asset, that whilst probably over-valued on purchase, is now just depreciating in value, and will do so, every week he's not training or available for the first team. In pure economic terms it makes sense to bring him back into the fold, never mind.

I realize that he is being stubborn and unreasonable, but so is the manager, and both parties are being damaged so it would be mutually beneficial for someone at the club to put and end to this nonsense and allow both parties to but a positive spin on it.
You think he is fit enough and good enough do you.
Because he is neither.

Red00012

Sancho can feck off , ETH is at fault for a few things but this isn’t one of them. The fact Sancho won’t even apologise is big go feck yourself to his team mates , club and it’s fans. He doesn’t give a toss.

Giggsy13

I am not a fan of Sancho, and I think he's lazy and very mediocre but I feel that the time has come when he should now be offered his place back in the squad with the rest of the team.

He and then manager and a minor spat that escalated and has resulted in Sancho being an outcast since August. The punishment has become disproportionate to the crime here and it needs to end. If not, and Sancho doesn't get a move in January then his top flight career could be over. Teams may be wary of taking on a 24 year old who hasn't trained with the squad or played for a fully year, wrecking a young persons career for a tiff simply isn't fair or reasonable.

Secondly from a purely selfish point of view, the club paid around £73 million for an asset, that whilst probably over-valued on purchase, is now just depreciating in value, and will do so, every week he's not training or available for the first team. In pure economic terms it makes sense to bring him back into the fold, never mind.

I realize that he is being stubborn and unreasonable, but so is the manager, and both parties are being damaged so it would be mutually beneficial for someone at the club to put and end to this nonsense and allow both parties to but a positive spin on it.
This pretty much sums it up. Why bring him back then when he’s a petulant little shite.

hobbers

Bring him back.... for what?

Certainly not his performances or work rate or good personality.

mav_9me

I can't believe the thread. You yourself acknowledge he is lazy and mediocre, then why would you damage the team ethos by letting a rogue player back in without apology? Makes 0 sense.

IrishMcD

Absolutely not. Lazy useless twats like him should be shown the door. Martial and Rashford should get the same treatment.

Dolf

Hell no. All he has to do is apologize and he can’t even be bothered to do that. He’s a little boy. Not the right mentality to have in your group.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I think on recent showings the positions of lazy and mediocre are over subscribed.
He isn’t going to have the impact we need/want and he isn’t worth undermining the manager anymore with the rest of the squad.
If he apologises then he will be welcomed back but it has to be on Ten Hags terms.

spwd

Completely agree...... As long as he apologises and puts the effort in training. If he doesn't then feck him off anywhere but here.

Rednotdead

Irrespective of who’s in the right or wrong, the upshot of the situation was that we lost the services of a first team squad member for no sensible reason.

That’s just poor, poor management.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
He should definitely apologise but I think it’s too late anyway now. But again if you can see lazy players like Martial still starting games then I’d be annoyed for getting singled out. What would happen if ETH got sacked and a new manager came in? Surely he’d have to still make Sancho apologise as it’s not just ETH he’s let down its the fans. Things won’t be rosy for him and the OT crowd. The one thing that would make many forgive him is if he puts in the effort and gets inform on the pitch.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Hell no. Whether EtH is the right man or (likely) not and ends up going. That petulant little twat should never play for this club again. It would be indicative of everything we’ve done wrong since Fergie left to let him back.

The bar is set pretty low for him to return to training.

1) Cross his fingers/hold his nose, and apologise.
2) Turn up to training on time.

No credible manager should back down on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.