Sancho should be brought back to the first team squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
If we were talking about a driven, professional, hardworking player i'd say he's paid his dues, but we're taking about Sancho.

kerrygold

Supports
united
I am not a fan of Sancho, and I think he's lazy and very mediocre but I feel that the time has come when he should now be offered his place back in the squad with the rest of the team.

He and then manager and a minor spat that escalated and has resulted in Sancho being an outcast since August. The punishment has become disproportionate to the crime here and it needs to end. If not, and Sancho doesn't get a move in January then his top flight career could be over. Teams may be wary of taking on a 24 year old who hasn't trained with the squad or played for a fully year, wrecking a young persons career for a tiff simply isn't fair or reasonable.

Secondly from a purely selfish point of view, the club paid around £73 million for an asset, that whilst probably over-valued on purchase, is now just depreciating in value, and will do so, every week he's not training or available for the first team. In pure economic terms it makes sense to bring him back into the fold, never mind.

I realize that he is being stubborn and unreasonable, but so is the manager, and both parties are being damaged so it would be mutually beneficial for someone at the club to put and end to this nonsense and allow both parties to but a positive spin on it.
This is why we have problems now. Unless he completely does what the manager is asking he should not be allowed back. No one is bigger than the club. And, he’s not very good!

C'est Moi Cantona

I struggle to remember one good game he's had for us (outside of pre season), and a bad attitude to go with it, so no thanks.

I'd shudder at the thought of a front three of Rashford, Martial, and Sancho.

K Stand Knut

Great idea

He’ll definitely learn his lesson from that and the youngsters in the lower squads will look at him and just think it’s ok to behave like that.

This kind of behaviour is one problem within a massive fecking problem.

He can come once he deserves it.

m1tch

Whether EtH gets sacked or not, Sancho has shown himself to be the sort of player you can't afford to have in your squad. He should be moved on asap, although as we've seen with Martial, it can be a long goodbye.

Pickle85

I am not a fan of Sancho, and I think he's lazy and very mediocre but I feel that the time has come when he should now be offered his place back in the squad with the rest of the team.

He and then manager and a minor spat that escalated and has resulted in Sancho being an outcast since August. The punishment has become disproportionate to the crime here and it needs to end. If not, and Sancho doesn't get a move in January then his top flight career could be over. Teams may be wary of taking on a 24 year old who hasn't trained with the squad or played for a fully year, wrecking a young persons career for a tiff simply isn't fair or reasonable.

Secondly from a purely selfish point of view, the club paid around £73 million for an asset, that whilst probably over-valued on purchase, is now just depreciating in value, and will do so, every week he's not training or available for the first team. In pure economic terms it makes sense to bring him back into the fold, never mind.

I realize that he is being stubborn and unreasonable, but so is the manager, and both parties are being damaged so it would be mutually beneficial for someone at the club to put and end to this nonsense and allow both parties to but a positive spin on it.
Eh?! The first bolded bit basically says he's average and lazy before going on to say he should be back in the squad. What?!

The second bolded bit takes all agency away from Sancho and implies that he can do nothing to change the situation in which he finds himself, which is nonsense. United owe no player a living and it's baffling that you think the club is in the wrong here when Sancho has it in his power to mend bridges and work his way back but seems totally unwilling to do so. He's an employee who is, at the moment, getting paid around a million a week while not needing to go out and do his job. A situation which is, again, within his power to change.

All told, the original post is baffling.

spiriticon

If we play him, he'll lose even more value by being so shit.

Right now, people still think he's "training like a beast". That should be enough to sell for a cheap price.

EI Beatle

I am not a fan of Sancho, and I think he's lazy and very mediocre but I feel that the time has come when he should now be offered his place back in the squad
how the standards have fallen

Stig

If we play him, he'll lose even more value by being so shit.

Right now, people still think he's "training like a beast". That should be enough to sell for a cheap price.
you might be right.

James_42

Why? he refuses to apologize so feck him, he has done absolutely nothing in a United shirt, get rid as soon as possible.

wolvored

I read hes not turned up for training a few times, but the club havent docked his wages. Why? Absolute disgrace! Imagine if this was 15 years ago. Fergie would have kicked him up the road by now.
LINK

lex talionis

I appreciate the daring proposal in the OP, but Sancho has been shit for the club and his refusal to even exert himself either in training or in competition leaves the club no choice but to write him off as a complete failure.

L1nk

Getting that desperate now that we're actually willing to indulge these wet wipes we call footballers? Perhaps if he was a model professional who is being hard done by I'd agree, instead we're talking about a player who's had about as many good games for the club as I have fingers on my one hand, and a player who clearly has issues with being professional.

So no, no we shouldn't bring him back unless he actually apologises for his unprofessionalism, makes a change to become actually professional, and then he should be let back in. At this point it's gone too far however and he should be sold for the good of everyone.

ti vu

No. Sancho hadn't been good for us before this. If somebody need chances to prove himself under ETH, there would be a few other.

If ETH gets the boot and Sancho somehow survives the cull, it's up to new manager whether he wants to use Sancho. That's the issue for its time. Not now when we have enough on our plate for this season.

RuudtheRed

He has as much chance of playing for United again as does Di Maria - and rightly so.

RedinIndia

That's what we get when we overpay for a player to this extent. The player's earnings for life are set and he's got no incentive to turn up to work. Sancho can simply run down his contract and then settle down at a lesser club later.

We deserved what we got with Sancho with our chronic mistakes with transfers.

RedDevil@84

Hilarious how low fans want the standards at the club to be.
On the other thread there were some posters who were saying it was ok for Lukchurst to lie and exaggerate because "maybe" he is right and the club is completely wrong. Would rather side with opportunistic lying journos than the club.

Red Comet

He has been offered a way back - apologise publicly to ETH, and put his head down and work hard.

He hasn't done any of that so it's just him that needs to take action, rather than ETH laying out the red carpet for his return.

Status
Not open for further replies.