Sarcastic cheering and Ole chants today

sparx99

At the end of the day it’s the fans at the stadium who’ll make the biggest impact on things going forward. It’s getting the balance between justified unrest and Madrid levels of poor behaviour.
Nah, feck it. At this point we should be ripping seats out.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
There'd be a bigger run on white hankies than there was on lockdown bog roll if half of this was happening in Madrid.

sparx99

The rift between matchgoers & non-matchgoers is the stuff the board dreams of. My mate has season tickets as does my employer but haven’t bothered going this season as I know I wouldn’t be cheering crap & have seen what happens when you don’t stick to the script in a large crowd. The football has become a trial of attrition for too long, it’s no longer an enjoyable way to spend time watching this nonsense.

Great post. I simply can’t ‘support’ this nonsense in person because it’s indefensible.

Matchgoers are ‘entitled’ to better than what they’ve been subjected to under Ole though. Do you support utter sh*te for the sake of it in other aspects of your life or is it only on weekends that you your live for the approval of seventy-thousand strangers? Strange, strange hill to take a stand on lad.
It’s hard though. I go every now and again so when I do go to games I want to enjoy it and cheer and support. Not everyone has a season ticket. Yes some are tourist fans. So when you boil down to the hardcore fans who go every week it’s a much smaller group.

Or to put it another way I’m an angry forum poster but a more optimistic match-goer.

AFC NimbleThumb

It’s hard though. I go every now and again so when I do go to games I want to enjoy it and cheer and support. Not everyone has a season ticket. Yes some are tourist fans. So when you boil down to the hardcore fans who go every week it’s a much smaller group.

Or to put it another way I’m an angry forum poster but a more optimistic match-goer.
I get it mate, which is exactly why I haven’t gone. I went through LvG & Jose tenures, I was annoyed but it felt different for me. Jose was actively trying to get fired in his last season & LvG had a vision without the talent. I didn’t particularly enjoy either but I also felt when their time was up, it was ended.

I honestly feel insulted by OgS because he leverages his playing days to further the divisions. After we lose to Liverpool he says, ‘I’ve come too far.‘ [quickly changed it to ‘We’ but his first instinct is himself] but then he’ll tell you how after 3 seasonsthis isn’t how I want us to play‘, 3 fecking seasons + £500mil later & we’re not playing how he wants us to play? I’m not supporting this guy, & I know that, that doesn’t sit well with ‘Top Reds’ so i’m not going to go to the stadium & play a role. I want to enjoy myself when I go aswell mate.

fallengt

Any football club that is making major decisions, like whether to sack a manager, based on how loud fans boo, is not run correctly.
Correct. United is a global brand, local supporters' voice is the face of the Club but it shouldn't be the only thing that matters.

RoyKeaneInTurin

At this point Ole is tarnishing his own image. The longer this continues, the lesser people will remember of his contributions to the club both as a manager and a player.

I can't stand the sight of him sitting in dugout doing absolutely nothing. I am absolutely not going to support the team till he is incharge and don't care if we lose every game till this incompetent man is in charge. I am sure there are others like me.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Always happy to hear the lads on here telling me how I should support the team at the ground.

Feel free to DM me further specifics. We need to be told.
Don't applaud pathetic performances. Don't need a DM for that.

stw2022

Part of me wishes Richard Arnold walked into the pitch at half time to gleefully tell the crowd their supportive chants convinced them to stay the course and give Ole another extension. See how vociferously they’ll sing his name in the second half

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Part of me wishes Richard Arnold walked into the pitch at half time to gleefully tell the crowd their supportive chants convinced them to stay the course and give Ole another extension. See how vociferously they’ll sing his name in the second half
I think that supporters need to understand that they are the true bastions of the club and no else. We are the only people putting money into the club and we will be supporting the club through thick and thin.

Former and present owners, managers and players did their job and were paid millions for it. Ole himself will probably walk away with a 7m lump sum despite the mess he created

Josep Dowling

At this point Ole is tarnishing his own image. The longer this continues, the lesser people will remember of his contributions to the club both as a manager and a player.

I can't stand the sight of him sitting in dugout doing absolutely nothing. I am absolutely not going to support the team till he is incharge and don't care if we lose every game till this incompetent man is in charge. I am sure there are others like me.
Hate to say it but I’m at this position. I didn’t watch us against City because I knew we would lose. Have tickets to see the game vs Palace and now considering not even going to watch it. The football is dire and our manager keeps doing the same thing over and over again. It’s worse than any other tenure post Fergie imo.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
When VDB was coming on for Fred, the fans stood up and gave off a massive cheer, followed by them singing the oppositions version of Ole's at the wheel from the Stretford End.

Plus chanting VdB name before he'd even come on.

The biggest sign of unrest so far. It was pretty embarrassing for Ole.
The Stretford End were not singing the KC version of Ole's at the wheel, they sang Donny Vand De Beek to the same tune.

AndyMUFC86

Be interesting to know what the match go-ers are actually saying and what the feeling is in the stands?
I sit in the stretford end and the majority of fans feel Ole can’t take us any further. As most of you guys know it takes a lot for the fans to vent that at old Trafford. I’m not one who will boo my own team or manager but the tied is starting to turn in the ground with quite a few fans. Like I mentioned on here yday ole was boo’d down the tunnel at the end of the game. For me that was definitely a big moment that could cause the board to make a change.

rk4utd

I’m sat in the family stand - looking around me yesterday it was a sea of shocked resignation. I think not wanting to give the scousers and city supporters even more chance to revel in our misfortune was one of the reasons why the match crowd is still not showing the anger we all feel inside. That and ole s status from 99 and there being no obvious A lister available just yet to take over. It will get toxic if Arsenal do the same as city did yesterday - play us off the park - and if we have the negative result I fully expect at Villarreal. It’s a death by slow cuts for ole. Personally I see him as a ittle boy lost at the moment and needs putting out of his misery before irreparable damage is done to the club. He can’t fix this team - period.

clarkydaz

I sit in the stretford end and the majority of fans feel Ole can’t take us any further. As most of you guys know it takes a lot for the fans to vent that at old Trafford. I’m not one who will boo my own team or manager but the tied is starting to turn in the ground with quite a few fans. Like I mentioned on here yday ole was boo’d down the tunnel at the end of the game. For me that was definitely a big moment that could cause the board to make a change.
im in there aswell and it was the villa game that 'top reds' around me gave in. Most people have been biting their lip and waiting to vent outside the stadium

Needham

Tough match to listen to as well as watch, some of the City fans' chants were brutal and on the nail.

Jpar

When VDB was coming on for Fred, the fans stood up and gave off a massive cheer, followed by them singing the oppositions version of Ole's at the wheel from the Stretford End.

Plus chanting VdB name before he'd even come on.

The biggest sign of unrest so far. It was pretty embarrassing for Ole.
I was there in the Stretford end, nobody was singing the opponants Oles at the wheel. It is the same tune as the Van De Beek song so you may have heard a mix of that and the City fans Oles at the Wheel. There was a lot of sarcastic cheering everytime De Gea pushed the team forward at goals kicks, a huge cheer when Fred was brought off, followed by a bigger cheer for Van De Beek replacing him. Ole did get booed as he approached the tunnel, a lot of atmosphere section tried to sing his name and drown it out but failed. The boos for Ole were considerable and louder than Luckhurst suggested. Ronaldo also got a huge cheer when he stormed straight down the tunnel at full time.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I was there in the Stretford end, nobody was singing the opponants Oles at the wheel. It is the same tune as the Van De Beek song so you may have heard a mix of that and the City fans Oles at the Wheel. There was a lot of sarcastic cheering everytime De Gea pushed the team forward at goals kicks, a huge cheer when Fred was brought off, followed by a bigger cheer for Van De Beek replacing him. Ole did get booed as he approached the tunnel, a lot of atmosphere section tried to sing his name and drown it out but failed. The boos for Ole were considerable and louder than Luckhurst suggested. Ronaldo also got a huge cheer when he stormed straight down the tunnel at full time.
Another poster confirmed that one section sang the opposition Oles at the wheel song. Not good though, didn't know all of that.