Scholes the Pundit

saivet

Maybe he is just doing it for the money. Scholsey not so quiet after all.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
An ex united player who's got no outside connections being a pundit, and no invested interest in who the manager is.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
Maybe he is just doing it for the money. Scholsey not so quiet after all.
Didn't have an agent, never tried to get his wages increased.

Of course he loves United, he doesn't love tv networks. Maybe it's the money, and he's excited about giving it to some charity.

Bwuk

Up to him. If he wants to do it to make more money for his family, then good for him.

Zoo

He got a taste for it last season, it's a coup for BT.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
In the future, people will be reflecting on Scholes the pure pundit; he didn't care about the extra bollocks that came with being in the media. He was the last of his kind, a pundit who only cared about being a pundit.

Dante

Average bang
Maybe he just thinks that most pundits are a bit shit and he can do a better job. He'd be right on both counts.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Are you going to post a link for the rest of us who have no idea what you're banging on about?

Minimalist

Clearly doing it to be involved with the BT Sports studio banter. He's already dreaming of blasting Michael Owen and Steve McManaman with the ball in that wee mock pitch area they have.

Hal9000

Can't wait, he upset a few people the few times he was on TV last season. Open, honest and willing to speak his mind.

RustyS

I had to stream a game from BT once. Their pundits were awful. They got up and tried to re-enact a penalty incident. It was stupid and ultimately futile because they didn't come to any conclusions.

Maybe Scholes will improve them a bit.

Tarrou

Probably found that he enjoyed it when he tried it out. Good addition for BT because he speaks his mind and gives genuine insight that you don't often get with pundits.

stu_1992

Surprised that he has taken this up full time tbh. I thought the most we'd get would be random appearances for big games. Not going to be the biggest on-screen presence but I like him as a pundit from what we've seen so far. He's certainly opinionated but makes his points well imo.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Scholes will be fun. He's brutally honest and delivers it in the most uninterested tone ever.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Maybe he just thinks that most pundits are a bit shit and he can do a better job. He'd be right on both counts.
Would he be? Maybe it was just nerves but I thought he was awful on Sky. Outspoken, but couldn't analyse anything and sounded like any random Joe from the pub.

Minimalist

Would he be? Maybe it was just nerves but I thought he was awful on Sky. Outspoken, but couldn't analyse anything and sounded like any random Joe from the pub.
I think Scholes is pretty much like that. Might be wrong but pretty sure Neville says in his book that Scholes hated any kind of talk of tactics or strategy. I find it hard to believe he's going to suddenly take an interest now.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
I think Scholes is pretty much like that. Might be wrong but pretty sure Neville says in his book that Scholes hated any kind of talk of tactics or strategy. I find it hard to believe he's going to suddenly take an interest now.
He'll fit in well on BT Sport and ITV then :D

Kag

Fantastic news. There's some myth that's been created by the media as if he's some admirable loner, void of any banter, all because he wouldn't blow his trumpet in the mixed room after matches or do television ads for Head and Shoulders.

He played his football because that was his job. If he fancies delivering opinions on something he knows a fair bit about then he'll take up that job. It isn't some crazy phenomenon. Looking forward to hearing him, both good and bad.

IwatUwat

Very surprised at this, assume this means he is not in our coaching team (thought LVG said he would find them all a role?)

But 4 year deal too, long haul. Surprised from him, he cant need the money. So must be bored, which is fair enough but punditry after not giving more than 10 interviews in 18 years is surprising.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
LVG/United tactically appointing key club figureheads throughout the media as sleeper agents - we have conquered the commercial world, now they are cunningly conquering the media as well.

REJE

Will be such a breath of fresh air. Neville, whilst being good, is still a bit cowardly when it comes to the truth. Can't wait to see him tearing into teams/players, including us.

bishblaize

Hmm. It was great the first time, because he was so sharp in his comments. But at the end of the day I don't like commentators/pundits who are all about complaining about what's wrong with a performance.

G Neville has a slightly odd relationship with the club after last year, and a blind spot for England players, but generally he can praise a player/team just as well as he can criticise.

Blue always red

Scholes is the type of guy who plays football because he likes playing football, and will give analysis on games because he likes to.

Good thing about him is that he doesn't feel the need to cosey up to anyone.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
I enjoyed him on Sky, but maybe he was at ease around Neville?

stevoc

Good BT Sport needed a bit of balance, seemed to be very pro Liverpool last year with James, McManaman, Keegan etc.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Scholes could not give less of a feck :lol:

Will be great to see him as a pundit, who cares what motivation is behind it? He does now have a lot of time on his hands but most people tend to ignore this.

Irish-Red-7

The more ex-Utd in the media, the better and judging by Neville, he could be quality.

Will only get to see him on ITV, and they never have in depth analysis like Sky.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
If he's half as good as Scholesy the Pundit this is gonna be awesome.

LARulz

My worry with Scholes is he'll become like a Keane more than a Neville. Neville knows about his tactics but apparently Scholes isn't all that keen, so I worry Scholes will be like Keane and be good at dishing criticism out and say it how he sees it, but won't provide much tactical view points or constructive criticism. Let's hope I'm completely wrong.

I still want BT Sport to wipe Sky Sports out, in terms of top football at least so every little helps

Hed Zitin

Never thought I would see him do this.

All good. More United lads to stick up for us in an ABU infested world of punditry.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
My worry with Scholes is he'll become like a Keane more than a Neville. Neville knows about his tactics but apparently Scholes isn't all that keen, so I worry Scholes will be like Keane and be good at dishing criticism out and say it how he sees it, but won't provide much tactical view points or constructive criticism. Let's hope I'm completely wrong.

I still want BT Sport to wipe Sky Sports out, in terms of top football at least so every little helps
I'm itching to see the reaction on here, the first time he has a pop at United.......