Schweinsteiger Suffers MCL Injury

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He was injured for fecking ages though :lol:
He missed 6 with his recent injury and 2 earlier in the season along with 3 for suspension. Fellaini also only has 28 appearances and 1737 minutes, the above is including an u21 match. Ander has also missed 9 matches with injury, Schweinsteiger has missed 13 with injury and 3 with suspension, Carrick has missed 6, and Schneiderlin has missed 1. So Fellaini has played less than anyone and hasn't missed much more games than the others but who needs facts when we can make shit Fellaini always starts jokes.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
You got to be fecking kidding me?! Is this happening again?! Bayern have sold us another fragile piece of shit then. Have we not learned anything from last time around we did business with them and had that curly haired Canadian sent over, fixed up with freaking chewing gums barely holding his broken ligaments and bones together. I'm still having trouble sleeping just thinking of all that money AND time we spent on that transfer. That was like two summers of constant head ache from sitting up all nights waiting for some news to be delivered - while we should have been aiming to get someone like YAYA TOURÈ for example!!!!!!!!! AARRRGHH!!!:mad::mad::mad: Do I even need to go on about that last contract he pushed for with City? It's like Bayern are sending us trojan horses here programed to cause as much damage on as many levels as they possibly can!

So now we're going to put our hopes to Scwheini making some sort superman come back in late autumn? I can't wait to see that. This is a man who had trouble taking on more than 60 minutes of game time when fully fit (?) at any given time during this season - as a supposed professional footballer :houllier:!!! He's been a wreck and we really need to get this man a medical age test right now. I mean, if I had woken up from a coma and, you know, the first thing I see is Schweini the way he looks for Man United today, I would have thought I'd woken up in the year 2040 and about to watch some football legends reunion match. Darren Fletcher was out for like 2 years and never at any point looked out of shape. Schweinsteiger gets the flue and he ages 5 years??? Now that's unique!

Could Bayern have planned this shit from the start with manipulating birth certificates going back 55 years just for this one deal, or something - it's those kind of conspiracy theories that starts going around your head when you get freaked out the way things are going for us. NOW GET HIM FIXED UP AND LINED UP NEXT WEEK OR DETERMINE THE CONTRACT. In normal cases you won't have any use of a player suffering from that sort of injury before this time next year!! We're so fecked.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
He missed 6 with his recent injury and 2 earlier in the season along with 3 for suspension. Fellaini also only has 28 appearances and 1737 minutes, the above is including an u21 match. Ander has also missed 9 matches with injury, Schweinsteiger has missed 13 with injury and 3 with suspension, Carrick has missed 6, and Schneiderlin has missed 1. So Fellaini has played less than anyone and hasn't missed much more games than the others but who needs facts when we can make shit Fellaini always starts jokes.
Fair dues fella.

Wow, didn't know that Ander had missed that many. We really have been cursed this season.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
You got to be fecking kidding me?! Is this happening again?! Bayern have sold us another fragile piece of shit then. Have we not learned anything from last time around we did business with them and had that curly haired Canadian sent over, fixed up with freaking chewing gums barely holding his broken ligaments and bones together. I'm still having trouble sleeping just thinking of all that money AND time we spent on that transfer. That was like two summers of constant head ache from sitting up all nights waiting for some news to be delivered - while we should have been aiming to get someone like YAYA TOURÈ for example!!!!!!!!! AARRRGHH!!!:mad::mad::mad: Do I even need to go on about that last contract he pushed for with City? It's like Bayern are sending us trojan horses here programed to cause as much damage on as many levels as they possibly can!

So now we're going to put our hopes to Scwheini making some sort superman come back in late autumn? I can't wait to see that. This is a man who had trouble taking on more than 60 minutes of game time when fully fit (?) at any given time during this season - as a supposed professional footballer :houllier:!!! He's been a wreck and we really need to get this man a medical age test right now. I mean, if I had woken up from a coma and, you know, the first thing I see is Schweini the way he looks for Man United today, I would have thought I'd woken up in the year 2040 and about to watch some football legends reunion match. Darren Fletcher was out for like 2 years and never at any point looked out of shape. Schweinsteiger gets the flue and he ages 5 years??? Now that's unique!

Could Bayern have planned this shit from the start with manipulating birth certificates going back 55 years just for this one deal, or something - it's those kind of conspiracy theories that starts going around your head when you get freaked out the way things are going for us. NOW GET HIM FIXED UP AND LINED UP NEXT WEEK OR DETERMINE THE CONTRACT. In normal cases you won't have any use of a player suffering from that sort of injury before this time next year!! We're so fecked.
Referring to Hargreaves as the curly haired Canadian nearly had me spitting drink all over myself :lol::lol:

Mainoldo

I have a feeling we have seen the last of him in a United shirt, he wont play this season again and a new manager might well think he is too injury prone.
Bit dramatic.. He'll be available for the new season.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Has been an average signing overall. When he was playing, we didn't lose many games, but the tedious spell of having to ease him in, hardly ever playing 90mins, and then these couple of long spells out now, it was worth a go, but we can't rely on him next year.

Mourinho needs to bring 3 big players into the centre down the pitch. 4 if De Gea goes.

Spock

Don't be so concerned, mates. Bastian will be back for summer training and will make an outstanding squad impact midfielder for us.

SammyUnited_83

I posted in the BFS performance thread, a link showing that BFS has been our second fastest player this season, only beaten by Martial.
But ahead of Smalling and Rashford, google it!
People have different body types, calling a professional footballer fat, is just stupid.
Oh nevermind, i googled it for you, since i guess you wouldn't bother :)

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/marcus-rashford-fast-three-manchester-141531182.html

I agree with you, he has been our best CM.
Think him and Schneiderlin will be great under Mourinho!
We still do need 1-2 cm's though, with Carrick and hopefully Fellaini on their way out.
Why would I need to Google it? And what has being overweight got to do with speed.

He has started less and played less minutes than Memphis, who has barely featured and only just made more appearances than Young.

nick2004

Last year it was Falcao. This year it was Bastian.

LVG took his chances with two formerly world class players. They proved to be way past their best.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
The two aren't comparable IMO. Falcao rarely ever played or even made the bench. When he did, he looked like a pub player. Schweinsteiger has played plenty of minutes and has had much more good games than bad. He was the cheapest non-youth player we've bought in years. There was no "risk" or "gamble" about it, as some are putting it.

Robbie Boy

:lol:

izec

:lol: underrated post, some gems in here.

mark_a

What could go wrong with signing injury prone players who are past their peak?

Arguably less if they were fitting into a fully-functioning, non-injury ravaged side.

Ho hum...

WhoDaGOAT

I personally never wanted to sign Schweinsteiger and had my doubts about his fitness and ability to perform on a weekly basis.

But, to be fair, at 31 he needed to better accommodated like Pirlo, Xavi and Scholes were. A three man midfield with legs around him and movement in front of him was the only was that he was going to flourish. His range of passing is among the best in Europe.

He retains possession quite well, but we had zero imagination as a team when he was fit.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I personally never wanted to sign Schweinsteiger and had my doubts about his fitness and ability to perform on a weekly basis.

But, to be fair, at 31 he needed to better accommodated like Pirlo, Xavi and Scholes were. A three man midfield with legs around him and movement in front of him was the only was that he was going to flourish. His range of passing is among the best in Europe.

He retains possession quite well, but we had zero imagination as a team when he was fit.
We still bloody do now he's injured!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The two aren't comparable IMO. Falcao rarely ever played or even made the bench. When he did, he looked like a pub player. Schweinsteiger has played plenty of minutes and has had much more good games than bad. He was the cheapest non-youth player we've bought in years. There was no "risk" or "gamble" about it, as some are putting it.
We certainly looked harder to beat with him in the team, and it was good to see some proper will to win in there.
Just a shame he was getting over an injury, just about back, then this happened, as it's clouded his whole season as a bigger mistake then it actually was.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
People are re-writing history a bit. We were better when he was on the pitch than most points this season. Even at his age and, erm, weight.

Totally worth the decision to sign him.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

I completely disagree with that. I don't think he's particularly great at passing. Carrick consistently outperformed him in this facet all season.

Rampant-red

Do not rate him in a United shirt at all this season but that goes for most of the team. Its a pity we have never seen how good this guy can be and with a change of manager we maybe never will.

mark_a

He has done some world class pointing for us, let that not be forgotten.

In a team seemingly bereft of leaders that's been strangely comforting.

DWelbz19

Based on just this season?
In previous seasons I'm sure Carrick continues to do so. I don't think Bastian Schweinsteiger is a particularly accomplished passer of the ball. He's composed, yeah, but he's not much of a precise passer. Certainly not European elite level.

WhoDaGOAT

In previous seasons I'm sure Carrick continues to do so. I don't think Bastian Schweinsteiger is a particularly accomplished passer of the ball. He's composed, yeah, but he's not much of a precise passer. Certainly not European elite level.
I can tell you haven't seen much of him before signing for United.

DWelbz19

Back when he was a good player? Sure. But he wasn't ever up there with Europe's best for passing.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre

Agreed. :lol:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

:lol: