Schweinsteiger Suffers MCL Injury

Sylar

There comes a time you wonder what is actually happening that we keep getting so many injuries, training related or not.

Ibi Dreams

There comes a time you wonder what is actually happening that we keep getting so many injuries, training related or not.
I don't necessarily disagree, but Schweinsteiger was already injury prone before he joined us

Hammerfell

This signing has turned out pretty much how I feared it would. Oh well.

Varun

Staff
He's had this on international duty if I'm not mistaken

SSSSnake

Gutted for him. We all wanted it to work out but looks like he'll just be a bit part player now. We'll need to dive into the transfer market again this summer. Kante anyone?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
the issue with injuries at his age is, you don't always come back the same.

It's worse for strikers and wingers, but as an engine in the midfield it worries me, its a big loss for Germany, and I really wanted him to do well at United right now the three World Class players signed haven't worked out Bastion included... not looking good for potential signings.

Sylar

He's had this on international duty if I'm not mistaken
I don't necessarily disagree, but Schweinsteiger was already injury prone before he joined us
I know its International, but may be he was rushed back too soon by United? Or the regime they put him on for his comeback wasnt great? Just seems like this happens to way too many of our players for it to be a mere co-incidence.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
Hargreaves the second. Only we didn't even get one decent season out of him. Bayern are a smart club when it comes to selling.

acnumber9

He was struggling with weight and stamina when he was 'fit'. God knows what he'll be like when he comes back from this. It's lucky Van Gaal got rid of the deadwood and replaced them with Schweinsteiger and Rojo et al.

Vilev

I never understood why some people were excited to get him. He was always going to be a major flop.

Esquire

This signing has turned out pretty much how I feared it would. Oh well.
In terms of transfer fee it was worth a punt, to get his leadership skills and big game performances, it has backfired and it's too bad. I'm fan of Schweini. Looks like he's done though. Don't know how much we are paying in terms of wages but I'm sure it wasn't cheap.

diarm

I read some comments a while back given by Matthew Etherington about the West Ham training pitch. He said it was always in immaculate condition but that it was really firm and he believes it was to blame for the large number of injuries incurred by players there. He said he suspected it when he was first there, then went to Stoke and found he and other players were suffering far less on a slightly softer pitch. Then after he left Stoke last year, he was invited to train with West Ham a few times while looking for a club. Within days he had picked up one of the old injuries he hadn't seen since he was last there.

I wonder is this something we are looking at because it can't be coincidence at this stage.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Ouch. Remember Hargreaves?
Had more than a decent season, scored some crucial goals, great goals even, played some blinders and scored the penalty in the CL final after Ronaldo had missed. I'm happy enough with that but, in the grand scheme of things, Bayern knew what they were doing there. Same here with Schweinsteiger.

He has been rubbish tbf, with the exception of a good cameo against West Ham

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I never understood why some people were excited to get him. He was always going to be a major flop.
We paid like £7m for him, it was a gamble worth taking and it's by no means been a failure overall.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Done for the season. feck we have to contend with Fellaini getting more games now because the old geezer doesn't trust Perreira.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Next season then, Bastian. Hopefully he comes back and adds experience and class to a much improved team then.

diarm

After Keane left, he was the player most of us dreamed of signing to reboot our midfield. We thought it never had a chance of happening so when it did, even if it was past his best years, it was hugely exciting.

Drifter

American
Any more crocked players Bayern wants to sell United. At least we were warned by Beckenbauer. Just hope we are more serious in our transfer dealings in the summer.

Last edited:

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Next season then, Bastian. Hopefully he comes back and adds experience and class to a much improved team then.
He's just about done my man. I don't expect much when he returns. He wasn't exactly sprightly to begin with. Maybe I'm too pessimistic considering he's not someone who's game is based on being athletic like say Kai's dad. It's still the EPL though, the world's most physically demanding league.

JoaquinJoaquin

Gutted for him to be honest. Gutted for our midfield options to.

A logical decision would be to give Fosu Mensah a chance in midfield, But that's too logical for Van Gaal so it won't happen.