Scores die in Israeli air strikes

Tibs

What a childish way of measuring morality.
But why are Israel killing 10 times as many Palestinians as they were 7 years ago?

However, what I will say is that it would be better for Hamas to launch their primitive missiles into the wall Israel is placing around them.

Fearless

Mighty Mouse
But why are Israel killing 10 times as many Palestinians as they were 7 years ago?

However, what I will say is that it would be better for Hamas to launch their primitive missiles into the wall Israel is placing around them.
I think you'll find that they are firing GRAD missiles.

Iran supplied.

Tibs

Well they're shit, because as you will know, those missiles miss their targets all the time. Of the figures you posted of 3000 odd missiles going into Israel, what percentage end up landing on empty hills? 90%?

Speaking of supplied missiles, those bad-ass laser guided ones that Israel uses from the US have a habit of missing their Hamas targets and butchering innocent civilians don't they?

Fearless

Mighty Mouse
Oh do feck off. Like I said I'm just commenting on what I've seen. You trying to make the israelis look justified is cringeworthy. Oh yeah what was the name of the british student israel silenced by killing again? Tom..... Oh yeah how long did the soldier get for it?
You admit that you know feck all about the middle east...now your trying to say my justifications are cringeworthy.

Read up.

Fearless

Mighty Mouse
Well they're shit, because as you will know, those missiles miss their targets all the time. Of the figures you posted of 3000 odd missiles going into Israel, what percentage end up landing on empty hills? 90%?

Speaking of supplied missiles, those bad-ass laser guided ones that Israel uses from the US have a habit of missing their Hamas targets and butchering innocent civilians don't they?
All this pleases Hamas.

Tibs

All this pleases Hamas.
Perhaps.

Anyways, nothing that we can do to sort it out unfortunately.

One day, an Israeli leader will rise and realise the mistakes and crimes his country has committed, and will act to find a lasting and peaceful solution for the creation of a two-state map.

Lets just hope a Jewish Extremist doesn't shoot him.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Devil go here. This will give you everything you need to know.

http://www.terrorismawareness.org/what-really-happened/

My family is Israeli and serves in it's special forces.
ahhh because you're israeli yourself your posts are understandable. The thing I can't get my head around is the fact that jews were persecuted so much by Hitler. I thought they'd be more understanding of what palestinian civilians are going through. In every documentary i've seen, Gaza looks bleak. You must understand that i've made my judgement from what i've seen. I have no bias. I've bookmarked that page and will look at it tomorrow as i'm revising for my a-level exam but i'll take it with a pinch of salt as i don't know if it was written by a neutral.

Cali Red

"In 2007, for example, for every one Israeli death there were 25 Palestinian deaths compared to 2002 when the ratio was 1:2.5"

Ah...so its actually Israel that are the agressors
:lol:

Israel seem to want it as much, if not more; so its a level playing field. The number of palestinians killed compared to the israelis is definitely not one.
You actually think Isreal want this conflict more than Hamas? Didn't Isreal pull out of Gaza in 2005? I thought that's what the Paletinians wanted? Guess not. Screw palestine, I hope Isreal take care of business ove there.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

You actually think Isreal want this conflict more than Hamas? Didn't Isreal pull out of Gaza in 2005? I thought that's what the Paletinians wanted? Guess not. Screw palestine, I hope Isreal take care of business ove there.
i hope the palestinians wont ever let israels live in peace

Cali Red

Isreal lives under constant threat and they are continually treated as the problem. They return live murderers in exchange for coffins and are then expected to show restraint everytime mortars land in their cities. I'm not Isreali or jewish bt I feel for these people. And they have certainly been better freinds as a nation than any of their enemies have been to the US.

Can't imagine they will. Nothing would satisfy these people other than the end of the state of Isreal. So, more civilians will die.

x42bn6

Palestinians wanted Israel out (and most still do, obviously). However, the pullout in 2005 was solely a military pullout - Israel was still the de facto governor of Gaza, controlling its airspace, water, and so on. Add in the various restrictions Israel placed under the Palestinians in Gaza - and you have basically a Gaza that can't develop and a Gaza that suffers, which leads to resentment (and thus begins the cycle once again).

Cali Red

Palestinians wanted Israel out (and most still do, obviously). However, the pullout in 2005 was solely a military pullout - Israel was still the de facto governor of Gaza, controlling its airspace, water, and so on. Add in the various restrictions Israel placed under the Palestinians in Gaza - and you have basically a Gaza that can't develop and a Gaza that suffers, which leads to resentment (and thus begins the cycle once again).
I'm not an expert on the region but didn't Isreal forcibly remove it's citizens? People, business owners and the like moved out by the IDF. Many of which are still waiting for the compensation they were promised.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
they also drove the arabs out of there homes and lands 50 years ago.

and you're a republican so you are already delusional.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I'm not an expert on the region but didn't Isreal forcibly remove it's citizens? People, business owners and the like moved out by the IDF. Many of which are still waiting for the compensation they were promised.
At the same time they were doing this, they were making new settlements elsewhere, and the net result wasn't really less Israelis on Palestinian soil. And I'm not going to commend them for departing from forcibly occupied territories.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Some of the rhetoric being spewed out by people in this thread is about as unhelpful and acking in regard for human life as you hear from the idiot hardliners in Hamas and Israel.

A symmetry of sorts not hardly useful for a decent discussion on the Caf.

You see you've got the indiscriminate firing of rockets [albeit of a limited yield and effectivness but nonetheless dangerous] with the hope that they strike civilian targets and cause as much death and damage as possible on the one hand, and a disproportionate use of roce which Israel knows full well will find innocents caught in the crossfire on the other. Neither side is right or posessing the moral high ground in these actions. More importantly the suffering and fear is not lessened for those caught in its orbit, not Hamas and not any Israeli govrnment from what i can see, has either the vision or route to offering the people simply trying to live their lives, a calmer and, safer and inspiring existence.

No lasting comfort awaits, a terrible shame.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I thought Dagbladet was a Norwegian paper.
What did Dagbladet do? Doesn't ring any bells.

In any case, I don't see the relevance. Should I support the killing of civilians just because some extremists threw a fit over some cartoons? In any case, I consider the Israeli government and armed forces no less extremist than the Palestinians.

Cali Red

they also drove the arabs out of there homes and lands 50 years ago.

and you're a republican so you are already delusional.
I'm not going to bother with your personal attack which is actually off the mark like so many of your posts. If you're talking about the creation of Isreal blame the UN.

At the same time they were doing this, they were making new settlements elsewhere, and the net result wasn't really less Israelis on Palestinian soil. And I'm not going to commend them for departing from forcibly occupied territories.
And at the same time the PLO wsn't living up it's end of the agreement either. Neither Hamas or the PLO has ever been able to curb attacks. And they forcibly took the territory after the six day war. Maybe Egypt, Syria and Jordan should accept some of the blame here then (not to mention many other arab states that contributed to the conflict).

VoetbalWizard

hmm looks like the same old shite, just another day. let me guess, the bombing will die down. hamas and the arabs will do a couple bombings, shit will go back to 'normal' for another couple years and then rinse and repeat.

it's like fighting over toys with your brother or sister. until mum takes it away for good, shit is always hitting the fan over it.

though i think even if you make jerusalem and that whole area an irradiated wasteland, those two will still be fighting over it with no regard to radiation poisoning.

x42bn6

I'm not going to bother with your personal attack which is actually off the mark like so many of your posts. If you're talking about the creation of Isreal blame the UN.

And at the same time the PLO wsn't living up it's end of the agreement either. Neither Hamas or the PLO has ever been able to curb attacks. And they forcibly took the territory after the six day war. Maybe Egypt, Syria and Jordan should accept some of the blame here then (not to mention many other arab states that contributed to the conflict).
Two wrongs don't make a right, I'm afraid.

One side not keeping its promises does not justify the other side breaking theirs (and neither does it justify not breaking them).

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Basically the whole situation is, and always has been, a land dispute; a battle over territory. And, as much as it depresses me to say so, battles over territory generally end messily and with a victor.

As much as we'd love the two sides to be viable neighbours, it looks further away than ever. I think the eventual solution may take some really unpopular, difficult and morally questionable decisions to be made.

Fitzjames

Basically the whole situation is, and always has been, a land dispute; a battle over territory. And, as much as it depresses me to say so, battles over territory generally end messily and with a victor.

As much as we'd love the two sides to be viable neighbours, it looks further away than ever. I think the eventual solution may take some really unpopular, difficult and morally questionable decisions to be made.
Unfortunately you are probably correct.
WW2 for example did not end in a negotiated settlement. A negotiated settlement in 1942 would have been a very different affair.
Likewise the American Civil War might have had a very different negotiated settlement in 1863 but in 1865 ended in total victory/defeat.

There is something inevitable (maybe people believe its even prophetic) about no good ending here.
What the extremists on BOTH sides have managed to do is alienate the middle ground. Which is of course exactly what they want.
As this thread shows any attempt to make any kind of point will get a reply beginning "What about????".
While I understand the feelings of people actually LIVING there (I am from Belfast after all) and also sympathetic to the wider ethnic/religious solidarities I cant and wont buy into a scenario that says one side is "better" than the other.
Repugnant as that thought is ...to people so blinded by their own victimhood and backed by the twisted and fundamentalist version of two of the worlds great religions....I wont back either side.
Although not backing a side 100% will label me a Zionist or an anti semite by fundamentalists.
I cant win....especially on Internet Message Boards where nuanced approaches are not appreciated.
So Mike is probably right..........it will all end in a victor and a vanquished.
But a divided Arab world (Iran and Saudi Arabia) is unlikely to ride to the rescue of brother Arabs. Too much to lose.
And the reality of post Cold War Politics is that USA is unlikely to ride to the rescue of Israel. Too much to lose.

Frankly the maniacs in that part of the world would rather see the earth scorched than the other side win. They deserve each other.
Best we can hope for is that the whole planet is not scorched and the effects are localised.

horselesspaul

Man Utd fan
It's Manchester United, United or Man United.
Unfortunately you are probably correct.
WW2 for example did not end in a negotiated settlement. A negotiated settlement in 1942 would have been a very different affair.
Likewise the American Civil War might have had a very different negotiated settlement in 1863 but in 1865 ended in total victory/defeat.

There is something inevitable (maybe people believe its even prophetic) about no good ending here.
What the extremists on BOTH sides have managed to do is alienate the middle ground. Which is of course exactly what they want.
As this thread shows any attempt to make any kind of point will get a reply beginning "What about????".
While I understand the feelings of people actually LIVING there (I am from Belfast after all) and also sympathetic to the wider ethnic/religious solidarities I cant and wont buy into a scenario that says one side is "better" than the other.
Repugnant as that thought is ...to people so blinded by their own victimhood and backed by the twisted and fundamentalist version of two of the worlds great religions....I wont back either side.
Although not backing a side 100% will label me a Zionist or an anti semite by fundamentalists.
I cant win....especially on Internet Message Boards where nuanced approaches are not appreciated.
So Mike is probably right..........it will all end in a victor and a vanquished.
But a divided Arab world (Iran and Saudi Arabia) is unlikely to ride to the rescue of brother Arabs. Too much to lose.
And the reality of post Cold War Politics is that USA is unlikely to ride to the rescue of Israel. Too much to lose.

Frankly the maniacs in that part of the world would rather see the earth scorched than the other side win. They deserve each other.
Best we can hope for is that the whole planet is not scorched and the effects are localised.
Stop making sense, others here may find it hard to understand.

Kaos

Both sides are to blame here, but what I don't get is why the US blindly justify every Israeli action regardless of how sinister it is. I mean if the Israelis went around purposely stabbing children I'm sure the US would still attempt to justify It by claiming it was done to protect their freedom.

holyland red

"Holier-than-thou fundamentalist"
Looks like you have what it takes to run for Hamas next leadership. That wish, coupled with disregard for the lives of their own, sums up the required qualifications.

I hope that the Palestinians understand that despite past events there is a large majority among Israelis that see a two-state solution as the only one guarenteeing something resembling normal life in this region. Unfortunately, I don't think the Palestinians have reached that stage and we'll probably have to go through several rounds of violence in order to reach the same conclusions that can be reached at this point in time.

It's actually quite tragic how the Palestinians end up caught in the hate-campaigns of bellends of your type. A couple of Palestinian journalists interviewed from Gaza yesterday sound much less hysterical and more relaistic that you and your internet-analyst colleagues.

BTW, according to Palestinian officials 15 of the 230 dead in Gaza were unarmed civilians. Really tragic, and one doesn't have to be a brainless Jordanian shithead to feel angry for the needless loss of innocent lives. What Jordanians and other politically-primitive specimens fail to understand is that the first commitment of a democratically elected government is to defend it's civilians. Under the constant missile fire on Southern Israel during the last couple of weeks the Israeli government was left with no other option. Considering Gaza is the most heavily populated area in the world no other country in the world would have done a better job in pinpointing the culprits.

vardamir1

Rubbish.

Name me just ONE other country that would have it's towns missiled everyday and do bugger all?

Thought so.
there is a difference between 'doing something' and 'killing lots of people'. If you threw a stick at me, would you expect to be shot?

Thought so.