5.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

rememberwhenwewerekings

He is the weirdest player to watch that I have ever seen in a United shirt or just as a footballer in general.
When the opposition has the ball he doesn’t stay with a player nor does he have the football intelligence to anticipate where the opposition player is going so he has no chance of breaking up play, when we have the ball he then seems to stick himself next to an opposition player so he knows it’s impossible to pass him, in short he’s hiding.
When teams attack his positional sense is disgusting which is proved everytime by players always having half a yard on him and him committing needless fouls and when we concede he looks like he has no idea what’s going on.
He must be like Moon Knight in training and on match day at kick off he changes back to a mere mortal who has no idea where he is.

Flying_Heckfish

those stats are diobolical.

I think he'd have an outside shot at a squad role in a SAF team, but I doubt his ability to step up if he were given that chance - he'd probably blow it. He's not a DM though, and never will be. For me, he is a shuttler.

On reflection, it just seems he won musical chairs at the precise moment when Mou needeed a "yoof" to lionise.

Compare him with Butt or Phil Nev. Both of them superior players to McT. How far we have fallen :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Eddy_JukeZ

He's a con-man talking about pride and passion.

He hides in attack and in defense.

Get rid.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Roy Keane epitomised the very essence of Ferguson’s United. McTominay epitomises this United team. Weak, pathetic and not good enough.

Any manager that is expected to build a team around dross like this is being set up to fail.

JeffFromHK

where does the talk that "this guy gave his all" "he has passion" comes from?

It is obviously the other way round. He is a lazy footballer who almost never sprints at his own full speed. He just casually jogs all the time both offensively and defensively.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
How are Garner and Levitt the ones out on loan? He's absolutely abysmal.

JeffFromHK

Of course you did
Some of our fanbase just watch the matches with colored lenses. Whoever British from the academy always get a leeway according to them.

McTominay 90 min - 28 passes completed
Matic 45 min - 35 passes completed

Fred 45 min - 7/9 ground duels won
McTominay 90 min 0/7 ground duels won

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Some of our fanbase just watch the matches with colored lenses. Whoever British from the academy always get a leeway according to them.

McTominay 90 min - 28 passes completed
Matic 45 min - 35 passes completed

Fred 45 min - 7/9 ground duels won
McTominay 90 min 0/7 ground duels won
Yeah but his role is more defensive. Which is what he does so....well?

Matic has sadly lost his legs fairly early but ability wise he's on a different planet to Mctominay. It still shows but sadly he doesn't have enough in the tank to meet the level we need. Fred has always been unfairly clubbed with Mctominay but is simply a far better footballer. I just don't quite understand how we've managed to get ourselves into this situation, where due to a lack of options, a poor footballer like Mctominay is not just an important first teamer, but first choice. He's just muscle you bring on to disrupt games that's all.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
A lot of players who aren't close to United standard make it through our academy. They're usually there to fill up numbers for the few who have a chance.
Yeah, but they're usually let go and playing in the lower leagues before eventually making their way up the leagues if they're good enough.

Scott is playing for us when most Championship side fighting for promotion probably have better midfielders. That's how underwhelming he is.

elmo

Don't think he's the reason why we're so abject but I can't see him forming part of any successful team in the future.
He's starting in midfield and doing feck all that contributes positive. He's literally a huge reason for our non existent midfield.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He's starting in midfield and doing feck all that contributes positive. He's literally a huge reason for our non existent midfield.
We don't have a CDM who is at an ability to play every week.

This effected every single midfielder and defender at the club.

I don't see why that's exactly Mctominay's fault for not being a good enough CDM. That's all he has ever played since Fred and Mctominay's roles switched.

edgecutter

He just comes across as a guy that has had a number of people blowing smoke up his ass. He probably believed he's playing well.

I dread to think what contract the club will give him because they will renew him, and we're going to left with a player that isn't even John oshea standard for a number of years.

elmo

We don't have a CDM who is at an ability to play every week.

This effected every single midfielder and defender at the club.

I don't see why that's exactly Mctominay's fault for not being a good enough CDM. That's all he has ever played since Fred and Mctominay's roles switched.
It's not his fault for not performing up to standard from an unfamiliar position, but it's fault for being such a negative with his constant hiding and general uselessness on the pitch. And he's been given so much playing time at DM and hadn't even shown any inkling of improvement which says a lot about him.

VivaRonaldo85

I really don’t know what he is as a footballer now. To put it into context, if his career pathway had been slightly different and he was playing in Brighton’s midfield, nobody would blink an eye. Probably sums up where our squad is that he is a first XI starter in our midfield.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It's not his fault for not performing up to standard from an unfamiliar position, but it's fault for being such a negative with his constant hiding and general uselessness on the pitch. And he's been given so much playing time at DM and hadn't even shown any inkling of improvement which says a lot about him.
That’s a good point. It’s not like footballers come out of their mother’s womb with a “CDM” or “AM” label on their forehead. This guy’s a central midfielder who plays in central midfield for his country. CDM isn’t exactly the most technically demanding position on the pitch. You don’t need to be massively talented to play it at a reasonable level.

edgecutter

I really don’t know what he is as a footballer now. To put it into context, if his career pathway had been slightly different and he was playing in Brighton’s midfield, nobody would blink an eye. Probably sums up where our squad is that he is a first XI starter in our midfield.
He wouldn't make it at a premier league club. He is a product of mismanagement and a poor transfer strategy. No club worth its salt would have McT as a starter

NoPace

This palaver of lumping Fred in with McTominay has got to stop. Fred is a good player. McTominay is a...erm?
Picturing McTominay being a key part of the Brazil squad requires some sort of magical scenario like when Lil Bow Wow would play in the NBA in a movie as a child.

Smithy89

Likes of Levitt would bop rings around him, he hides from the ball, can't pass, can't tackle and can't read the game.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
A lot of academy watchers say he was nothing special in the youth team. I am here thinking that ridiculous growth spurt was the biggest factor. In terms of talent, he's not fit to lace Cleverly's boots.
Emperor with no clothes. He talks a good game but is actually lazy and hides from the ball. His repeated fouling is interpreted as passion. Roy Keane sees through him.

Last edited:

Smithy89

A lot of academy watchers say he was nothing special in the youth team. I am here thinking that ridiculous growth spurt was the biggest factor. In terms of talent, he's not fit to lace Cleverly's boots.
He use to be a forward/Attacking mid and plays as a third CB for Scotland!! But for some reason, he's Manchester Uniteds main midfielder, joke of a club.

Ekeke

Picturing McTominay being a key part of the Brazil squad requires some sort of magical scenario like when Lil Bow Wow would play in the NBA in a movie as a child.
Fred is marginally better if at all despite being 4 years older. If Fred can he could.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
He use to be a forward/Attacking mid and plays as a third CB for Scotland!! But for some reason, he's Manchester Uniteds main midfielder, joke of a club.
From what I remember he played at a ST for one season because we had no other options there. She he looked exactly like you'd expect Mctominay to look in that position. As I recall he was always regarded as a midfielder.

Smithy89

From what I remember he played at a ST for one season because we had no other options there. She he looked exactly like you'd expect Mctominay to look in that position. As I recall he was always regarded as a midfielder.
Sounds about right tbf, I remember that time we had no young strikers.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
He's not a CDM. He doesn't know how to play the role yet we've decided that's what he is. It's no coincidence all his best moments for us have come from getting forward.

It's bad play on his part but in some ways he's not to blame as he simply doesn't have the football intelligence to play that position. That's on the management.

Ekeke

https://youtube.com/shorts/WWdiQ4DVIZU?feature=share

Since someone drop this little nugget on here, I can not unsee his poor performances.

If anyone thinks Garner would be the fix is mistaken IMO, they are very similar in the way they defend.
Garner is 21 and would hopefully improve given first team experience at United to well beyond the level McTominay has improved to since he started in the first team. So even if he does make the same mistake it'd be more acceptable

Status
Not open for further replies.