Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If he's still a starter next season, it means we are still struggling.

Pughnichi

A lot of players under performing, but I just can’t stand this guy. He’s hopeless and it’s a damning indication of where we are as a club when he is getting as much 1st team football.

To add insult to injury, we’ve got 6 or 7 Scott Mctominays that just aren’t good enough for where we want/expect to be

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
He’s absolute shite. Zero positional awareness and absolutely useless with the ball. All he does is brainless fouls, wouldn’t be out of place at a bottom Championship club.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He is good at wrestling. Football he hasnt played for a year now

Gazautd18

Really? I couldn't help but seem him caught wrong side time and time and time again

Was he booked? If not should have been the amount of fouls he committed to bail himself out

Like Maguire he's had an absolutely woeful season that really brings into question his long term future at the club
You're right.
He would have been more useful if he was anonymous!

Lee565

How is he here but garner is the one on loan, seriously I don't know how he has survived being loaned/sale over other midfielder that have had to go down that path?

SAF is the GOAT

He's not even valuable as a squad player.

Years ago I genuinely thought that we could release Matic and Depend on Scott as our DM but how wrong was I ?

We also need to replace him in the future - I don't care if it will be a player from outside or an academy player(Maybe Charlie Savage or Kobbie Mainoo ?) but we have to bring in a significantly more productive midfielder than him.

Garaiku

The worst part about McTominay is that he doesn't make himself open for passes, just passes the ball and runs AWAY from open spots. That's BASIC for a CDM.

What a frustrating player. Wouldn't start at most premier league teams, if even make the bench.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
In Danish you can call someone an ‘alibi player’. Basically, someone who is average or below, but tries his hardest to seem like they are putting in a performance.

McTominay fits that term perfectly.
This.

It takes some doing to be as ineffective as he is covering the sort of distance he does. And that's simply down to him jogging around looking like he's busy but hiding from the action.

Brighton performance

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
'

Passes today:
McTominay 28
Matic 35

Matic came off at half time

Simply not good enough to play in midfield.

Blood Mage

It's sad as he tries and obviously cares about the shirt. But I don't think anybody doubts that ability-wise he's almost certainly the worst player in our starting 11. I wish he had the talent, I really do, but he doesn't and we must get rid.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
'

Passes today:
McTominay 28
Matic 35

Matic came off at half time

Simply not good enough to play in midfield.
Less duels and less passes than others who played half a game. That sums him up. Professional hider.

izec

That the previous manager and coaching staff thought they could transform him into a deep lying playmaker :lol:

feck me, incompetence at the highest order.

Jacob

That the previous manager and coaching staff thought they could transform him into a deep lying playmaker :lol:

feck me, incompetence at the highest order.
I don't think it's incompetence, it's more about lack of options. It would be highly unlikely that the previous managers haven't noticed that midfield needs upgrading. The Board had probably rejected their requests.

izec

I don't think it's incompetence, it's more about lack of options. It would be highly unlikely that the previous managers haven't noticed that midfield needs upgrading. The Board had probably rejected their requests.
Huh? I am not talking about playing him. He is not even good enough to be a squad box to box player for us, never mind turning someone so shit as McTominay at passing, positionally and on the ball into a deep lying midfielder at the age of 23 for Man United. Every granny could see that the guy is very limited. Just because Carrick was in the coaching staff, doesnt mean that a couple of sessions would make Scott a great deep lying midfielder.

But then again, i am not surprised that they saw some potential in him.

CloneMC16

He played the whole game and still only touched the ball 4 more times than Fred as well. I don't understand what our managers see in him. Mourinho, Ole and Rangnick have all talked highly of him. I don't see it. I think most of our fans don't see it. It seems like he's in the team for the vibes and Yanited DNA. There are way too many games where he's doing absolutely nothing on the pitch.

laughtersassassin

My God he is useless.

The truth is Manchester United have no standards. We are terrible as we pretend that so many players are miles better than they are or we tell ourselves they try hard so it's ok.

We suffer fools and we pay the price.

The club doesn't uphold the required standards and to be honest the fans don't really either.

Last edited:

redshaw

Ghost of a player that slowly jogs back when the team is in danger.

He's been useful at a couple of stages in his career at United but has completely lost his way for a long while now and shows no core qualities. Probably a short spell in between 2019-20 that he last played well. The dearth in quality that is our midfield is a tragedy.

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's sad as he tries and obviously cares about the shirt. But I don't think anybody doubts that ability-wise he's almost certainly the worst player in our starting 11. I wish he had the talent, I really do, but he doesn't and we must get rid.
It just shows he is a good actor tbh. How can one try so hard and hide from the ball or make so few tackles/interceptions. He talks the talk that's for sure

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
His jogging back towards his own goal infuriates me. For a player that apparently gets it, don't think he ever sprints back to get closer to his CBs. Always a leisurely jog. No coincidence we concede tons of goals in that space.

CallyRed

Apparently good enough to get in City or Liverpool's squad according to some on this forum.

He won't get in Brighton's let alone City

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
His jogging back towards his own goal infuriates me. For a player that apparently gets it, don't think he ever sprints back to get closer to his CBs. Always a leisurely jog. No coincidence we concede tons of goals in that space.
Spot on. All the replays of goals or chances conceded are damning

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
I genuinely think Phil Jones would be better at DM. At least he will close people down and bust a gut to get back and cover.

SAF is the GOAT

I'll take Moises Caicedo(the lad who scored the first goal and we were after him all last summer just to eventually not take him) instead of him any day of the week.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'll take Moises Caicedo(the lad who scored the first goal and we were after him all last summer just to eventually not take him) instead of him any day of the week.
It was the January 21 window and we decided against signing him for whatever reason.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Another Mctominay master class.

Why on earth did Rangnick sub Matic instead of this clown? no coincidence that we ended up conceding way more chances at that point.

This guy is a huge liability but of course he’s an academy lad so is deemed undroppable.

Status
Not open for further replies.