Scott McTominay | Transfer discussion not performance discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Preparing for his second 5-game world class spell of the season to ensure we get £50m in the summer.

NewDawnFades

Nothing out of the ordinary. He has always had a goal in him. Fergie rates him. I’ve been saying for years he should be starting and playing where Weghorst does now. Build the team around him, he’s homegrown and a future captain.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Nothing out of the ordinary. He has always had a goal in him. Fergie rates him. I’ve been saying for years he should be starting and playing where Weghorst does now. Build the team around him, he’s homegrown and a future captain.
Is this addressed to Eddie Howe?

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
That might be a bit too far, but there's a player in there.

croadyman

Really hope we don’t do something daft like decide to keep him on some goals

AnotherLondonManc

Couldn't agree more! if only we could have McTominay up top with McTominay on the wing and McTominay in goal. The thought alone gives me chills :drool:

CallyRed

Any bid that comes in from Newcastle which doesn't meet our valuation should just be responded with a picture of Sean Longstaff. Nothing else.

Gurtej

Sell when his stock is high. 50m and he is anyone who bids that amount, all money straight to profit as he is home grown with no cost on BS….

Add Elanga and Henderson and we have 100m profit that takes all FFP concerns out and let us invest another 300m plus this window under new ownership and only 60m amortized

whitbyviking

Just reading a report on the Beeb that there was a "tug of war" between England Scotland for McTominay. Don't remember hearing a peep about that?

Abraxas

Southgate would be just the fella to play McTominay every game too.

To be fair I don't think he's worse than Phillips.

RedDevil@84

Newcastle better start somewhere around 80-90M. He has same number of goals as Cristiano in the qualifiers.

Posh Red

Southgate would be just the fella to play McTominay every game too.

To be fair I don't think he's worse than Phillips.
A different type of player to Phillips but probably not a huge amount in it. Phillips makes more sense for a team that plans to have more of the ball, in my opinion.

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
A touch of the Saltire specs on here.

Castia

Few goals for Scotland and we’re building a squad around Scott McTominay?

Cant tell if you’re taking the piss because that has to be one of the most ridiculous opinions I’ve ever read on here well played

Foolsgold21

Either a WUM or a very happy Scottish fan last night

Abraxas

A different type of player to Phillips but probably not a huge amount in it. Phillips makes more sense for a team that plans to have more of the ball, in my opinion.
When we were getting linked to Rice left and right I always thought him and McTominay would be alright. Alright as in...just alright. Not great, especially on the ball. But athletic, imposing, Rice would free the box to box version of McTominay up. Could have been England and our future, but alas...it's not to be, which is definitely worth shedding a few tears over.

Personally I think Phillips is totally redundant when there's already a DM. I don't see what he's doing at the moment. Sole purpose seems to be to chase shadows.

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Brilliant post, the line between sarcasm and an honest opinion is to thin to tell which is which.

ForeverRed1

Hopefully he has a really strong finish to the season and we’re in a position In the summer to either get really good money for him or keep him. Win win

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
His lack of vision, quality on the ball, Positioning and Movement in our half means he'll never be good Enough for us, but what we can do is use him to fund our squad by selling him to a club willing to pay good figures...

Our squad is all quantity, beyond the quality of our first 13 players or so the rest especially in central midfield and Central defence is mid table quality at best.

Erik the Red

His lack of vision, quality on the ball, Positioning and Movement in our half means he'll never be good Enough for us, but what we can do is use him to fund our squad by selling him to a club willing to pay good figures...

Our squad is all quantity, beyond the quality of our first 13 players or so the rest especially in central midfield and Central defence is mid table quality at best.
For the past 10 years we haven't been a top team, so attracting top talent to sit on the bench was almost impossible. Now we are competing for trophies, we will automatically be able to attract better players, and our squad will improve.

LuckyScout78

Honestly i might pick McTerminator over Weghorst for the nr.10 role/supporting striker role.

McTom is more athlete and quicker and the first meters than Weghorst.

Last season i only rated 3 United that had top guts winning mentality.

Bruno
Rashford
McTom

It is a reason why all previous Uniteds managers like him. Top guts, figthing and working spirt and mentality.

McTom look like Arnold in Terminator son. If Terminator want to hire a new actor. McTom easily suit it. McTerminator

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Just reading a report on the Beeb that there was a "tug of war" between England Scotland for McTominay. Don't remember hearing a peep about that?
yeah i remember it. it brought up a lot of feelings i’d thought i’d repressed properly from my childhood, neither nation wanting him, him stuck in the middle, wetting his bed every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.