Scottish Football 23-24

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Titles over
Clearly not, however, great weekend results for us. Rangers were really poor. A real lack of fight to get back in to the game. Long, long, long way to go but if players aren't up the fight, then Beale will struggle.

Andersonson

Hearts getting destroyed by Rosenborgs 16 year old Sverre Nypan.

Rosenborg leads 2-0 at halftime and Nypan has two assist and been by far the best player on the pitch

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Hearts getting destroyed by Rosenborgs 16 year old Sverre Nypan.

Rosenborg leads 2-0 at halftime and Nypan has two assist and been by far the best player on the pitch
Just googled him, bunch of reports from 2023 claiming United are in for him. "The next De Jong".

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Celtic officially refuse tckts for game at Ibrox September 3rd, citing safety reason. I've been at Ibrox with the reduced away allocation and, to be fair, it isn't safe. Rangers fans above us throwing down coins and lighters.

Hopefully, there will be none of their fans at return game in December.

Absolutely terrible that it's come to this but Rangers started all this nonsense by reducing the away allocation from 8k to only 800 because they couldn't regularly take Celtic pumping them at Ibrox when they were rubbish.

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
Two decent results last night, (Hearts and Hibs)Hearts especially, rosenborg are brutal but to comeback after going 3-1 down was brilliant. Devlin was outstanding for Hearts and Shanklands finish for the first goal was world class.

Hibs are going to get absolutely pumped by Unai Emery in the next round but at least they will get a good crowd.

Hearts have more of a chance but wouldn't bet on them. PAOK should be too strong (based on absolutely nothing i know about them).

I think the Hibs manager will be the first to go this season in The Premiership, he's an absolute waffler, a very strange fella. Can't see how players could take to him and he really seems to struggle with consistency a thing that's done most Hibs managers to be fair.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Celtic officially refuse tckts for game at Ibrox September 3rd, citing safety reason. I've been at Ibrox with the reduced away allocation and, to be fair, it isn't safe. Rangers fans above us throwing down coins and lighters.

Hopefully, there will be none of their fans at return game in December.

Absolutely terrible that it's come to this but Rangers started all this nonsense by reducing the away allocation from 8k to only 800 because they couldn't regularly take Celtic pumping them at Ibrox when they were rubbish.
Yeah it's a bloody shame. Atmosphere's were fecking electric and a huge part of the Old Firm when thousands of opposition fans were present.

Vault Dweller

Cracking results last night for the two Edinburgh teams, think Hearts might make the group stages but Hibs will get pumped by Villa. Unless McGinn forgets which end to score in :D

I think the Hibs manager will be the first to go this season in The Premiership, he's an absolute waffler, a very strange fella. Can't see how players could take to him and he really seems to struggle with consistency a thing that's done most Hibs managers to be fair.
So do I and I'm surprised he's still here, though him and Goodwin would both be sacked at the same time before the Sackio :lol: but 0 points so far for Hibs and have a run coming up soon v most of the Top 6 other than themselves.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Yeah it's a bloody shame. Atmosphere's were fecking electric and a huge part of the Old Firm when thousands of opposition fans were present.
Agreed, it's a massive shame. Gutted, I'd be at Ibrox for upcoming game even with only 700 away fans if Celtic took their allocation. I was at the 2 - 2 game at Ibrox in Jan.

Hopefully, from next season, going forward, the issue is resolved. I doubt it will be, but I really hope it will be. Situation can't go on as it currently is.

Vault Dweller

Agreed, it's a massive shame. Gutted, I'd be at Ibrox for upcoming game even with only 700 away fans if Celtic took their allocation. I was at the 2 - 2 game at Ibrox in Jan.

Hopefully, from next season, going forward, the issue is resolved. I doubt it will be, but I really hope it will be. Situation can't go on as it currently is.
Same here but I don't think it will be resolved either. Dampens the Old Firm somewhat. Regardless, I'm looking forward to the one in a few weeks.

Swedish_Plumber

Two decent results last night, (Hearts and Hibs)Hearts especially, rosenborg are brutal but to comeback after going 3-1 down was brilliant. Devlin was outstanding for Hearts and Shanklands finish for the first goal was world class.

Hibs are going to get absolutely pumped by Unai Emery in the next round but at least they will get a good crowd.

Hearts have more of a chance but wouldn't bet on them. PAOK should be too strong (based on absolutely nothing i know about them).

Johnsons an absolute David Brent. Agree about him getting the sack

Krny

Supports
Celtic Football Club
Why is Scottish football pinned?
Because all its rejects go to the super dooper league that is premier to the rest. Big shane Duffy, james maddison, ryan Christie, joe worral, Andrew Robertson etc

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Nah man, tried but don't have a season ticket so virtually no chance of getting there. Will be interesting though, Rangers weren't very good v Morton on Saturday and a bad result for Celtic yesterday.
2 poor teams both us and yourselves. Rodgers is killing our intensity that we had under Ange. We really need to sign physically strong players. We got bullied yesterday. We are too lightweight. I fancy yee to beat us. Home advantage is huge. If game was at Parkhead, I'd fancy us but it's not. Not the end of the world if we lose as teams will likely be level on points if we lose, although yee have a tricky fixture away to Ross County on Sat in between European fixtures. Should be a tight title race. League could come down to the business both ourselves and yourselves do over the
next week and a half. We certainly need to add quality.

Vault Dweller

2 poor teams both us and yourselves. Rodgers is killing our intensity that we had under Ange. We really need to sign physically strong players. We got bullied yesterday. We are too lightweight. I fancy yee to beat us. Home advantage is huge. If game was at Parkhead, I'd fancy us but it's not. Not the end of the world if we lose as teams will likely be level on points if we lose, although yee have a tricky fixture away to Ross County on Sat in between European fixtures. Should be a tight title race. League could come down to the business both ourselves and yourselves do over the
next week and a half. We certainly need to add quality.
Aye not great the now. For Rangers part I don't know what Beale is thinking most of the time. Signed some players that look okay but some haven't started well at all. Sticking with some of the same players I would have got rid of in the summer too. Give it time as expected but not holding my breath.

Saw some of Celtic and agreed, think youse definitely need some more recruits and adjusting to a slower style of play. I do think the race will come down to the Old Firms windows and who they add, some decent teams in the league this year that look like they will cause the Old Firm problems at home.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Aye not great the now. For Rangers part I don't know what Beale is thinking most of the time. Signed some players that look okay but some haven't started well at all. Sticking with some of the same players I would have got rid of in the summer too. Give it time as expected but not holding my breath.

Saw some of Celtic and agreed, think youse definitely need some more recruits and adjusting to a slower style of play. I do think the race will come down to the Old Firms windows and who they add, some decent teams in the league this year that look like they will cause the Old Firm problems at home.
Yea, I expect both us and yourselves to drop more points this season unless of course we add 2 or 3 real high quality additions ( unlikely )

From browsing Rangers fans forums, a lot of your fans are still very undecided on Beale. Many can't figure out what distinctive style you are trying to play. To be fair though, it's still very early and yee have a lot of new players so an adjustment period is needed.

Yee have a tough CL qualifying tie, PSV appear to be a better team than last season. 1st leg tomorrow night is crucial for yee at Ibrox. Yee probably need to win that one.

Vault Dweller

Yea, I expect both us and yourselves to drop more points this season unless of course we add 2 or 3 real high quality additions ( unlikely )

From browsing Rangers fans forums, a lot of your fans are still very undecided on Beale. Many can't figure out what distinctive style you are trying to play. To be fair though, it's still very early and yee have a lot of new players so an adjustment period is needed.

Yee have a tough CL qualifying tie, PSV appear to be a better team than last season. 1st leg tomorrow night is crucial for yee at Ibrox. Yee probably need to win that one.
Yeah, been impressed by a few teams already in the league, should be hard work away from home this season.

Yeah, the change between players he has got now for himself against what he was working with last season means there will be that teething period but that's where I am with it just now too really, I'm not sure what the style of play we are trying to achieve is, or how we ideally want to progress the ball. Cifuentes and Raskin I like, but unsure on a couple of the forwards.

From what I've seen of Celtic so far, Kyogo is moving deeper to get involved in phases but is still just as genius as before, what a player. Turnbull getting a lot more time? Is Hatate carrying a knock? I like CCV too but is he injured as well?

Yeah PSV a lot better now than 12 months ago, which isn't good as the away leg last year was a bloody hard fought win. Need a really positive score tonight otherwise I can't see us making the CL this season.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Yeah, been impressed by a few teams already in the league, should be hard work away from home this season.

Yeah, the change between players he has got now for himself against what he was working with last season means there will be that teething period but that's where I am with it just now too really, I'm not sure what the style of play we are trying to achieve is, or how we ideally want to progress the ball. Cifuentes and Raskin I like, but unsure on a couple of the forwards.

From what I've seen of Celtic so far, Kyogo is moving deeper to get involved in phases but is still just as genius as before, what a player. Turnbull getting a lot more time? Is Hatate carrying a knock? I like CCV too but is he injured as well?

Yeah PSV a lot better now than 12 months ago, which isn't good as the away leg last year was a bloody hard fought win. Need a really positive score tonight otherwise I can't see us making the CL this season.
Kyogo is dropping deeper, not sure it is for the best as we need him in and around the box.

Hatate CCV and new polish Bhoy Nawrocki all injured and all out of game at Ibrox. Honestly can't see anything other than a Rangers win at Ibrox.

Yea, PSV appear to definitely be a better side than last season. I'd make PSV favourites to go through but a lot depends on tonight. If Rangers win by 2 goals tonight, I'd fancy them to go through. Enjoy tonight.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Psv now favs to go through. Decent game to be honest.

Vault Dweller

Kyogo is dropping deeper, not sure it is for the best as we need him in and around the box.

Hatate CCV and new polish Bhoy Nawrocki all injured and all out of game at Ibrox. Honestly can't see anything other than a Rangers win at Ibrox.

Yea, PSV appear to definitely be a better side than last season. I'd make PSV favourites to go through but a lot depends on tonight. If Rangers win by 2 goals tonight, I'd fancy them to go through. Enjoy tonight.
Agreed, Kyogo standing offside before the phase starts / on shoulder of last defender and making clever runs is what makes him so dangerous. He's class at it.

Damn didn't realise all those were out of the game, gives us a good chance.

Cheers man, was a thoroughly good game but despite that I thought PSV were the better side for sure. We scored two great goals, a worldie strike and then a fantastic assist and finish, but didn't really trouble them other than that apart from a couple of half chances. They were very good, some guys with electric pace and movement, kept and moved the ball really well but we defended very well I thought too. 2-2 makes them favourites but you never know. Tav is finished, have thought that for a while really but last night the boy Lang and Dest made mincemeat of him at times and exploited huge gaps he was leaving making Goldson have to cover nearly every time. I'd try Sterling in there at the weekend if he's fit.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Agreed, Kyogo standing offside before the phase starts / on shoulder of last defender and making clever runs is what makes him so dangerous. He's class at it.

Damn didn't realise all those were out of the game, gives us a good chance.

Cheers man, was a thoroughly good game but despite that I thought PSV were the better side for sure. We scored two great goals, a worldie strike and then a fantastic assist and finish, but didn't really trouble them other than that apart from a couple of half chances. They were very good, some guys with electric pace and movement, kept and moved the ball really well but we defended very well I thought too. 2-2 makes them favourites but you never know. Tav is finished, have thought that for a while really but last night the boy Lang and Dest made mincemeat of him at times and exploited huge gaps he was leaving making Goldson have to cover nearly every time. I'd try Sterling in there at the weekend if he's fit.
Agree on Kyogo, he is so, so clever with his movement in and around the box.

Agree PSV were better but at 2 - 2, tie is far from over. Last year's away tie being proof this tie is still alive. Also away goals rule being done away with helps yee.

Agree on Tavernier, I think he is finished but can't see him being dropped. Hard to drop the captain. I think in both full back positions yee are weak. Godson played well last night. I still think your defence overall is a little suspect but Butland is obviously a huge upgrade on McGregor.

Matondos pace off the bench will be a threat to us. He is limited enough but he definitely has something about him.

Absolutely gutted there will be no away fans next week. Shambles!

Vault Dweller

Agree on Kyogo, he is so, so clever with his movement in and around the box.

Agree PSV were better but at 2 - 2, tie is far from over. Last year's away tie being proof this tie is still alive. Also away goals rule being done away with helps yee.

Agree on Tavernier, I think he is finished but can't see him being dropped. Hard to drop the captain. I think in both full back positions yee are weak. Godson played well last night. I still think your defence overall is a little suspect but Butland is obviously a huge upgrade on McGregor.

Matondos pace off the bench will be a threat to us. He is limited enough but he definitely has something about him.

Absolutely gutted there will be no away fans next week. Shambles!
Aye absolutely, need to defend how we did last night though and look to counter well. Dessers was really good and Cantwell kept possession well, a lot more gonna be required next week but think it could be a mint game again.

That's the issue, he's captain and therefore difficult to do much otherwise it's a huge statement. But I do think that decision will need to be made sooner or later with the way his positioning and defending is so suspect and will eventually cost us. Yeah I like Souttar but always worried about fitness, Goldson was very good but tbh I don't think Barisic is up to much anymore either. Butland far better and very good at claiming crosses and high balls too which is definitely required for us in Europe and domestically.

His finish last night was excellent, he can be erratic and better off the bench but more of that would be lovely.

Any word on who you guys are bringing in? Think I saw possibly looking at Podence from Wolves?

It's so shi*e man honestly, needs to get sorted ASAP and get opposition fans back in and make it feisty AF!

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Aye absolutely, need to defend how we did last night though and look to counter well. Dessers was really good and Cantwell kept possession well, a lot more gonna be required next week but think it could be a mint game again.

That's the issue, he's captain and therefore difficult to do much otherwise it's a huge statement. But I do think that decision will need to be made sooner or later with the way his positioning and defending is so suspect and will eventually cost us. Yeah I like Souttar but always worried about fitness, Goldson was very good but tbh I don't think Barisic is up to much anymore either. Butland far better and very good at claiming crosses and high balls too which is definitely required for us in Europe and domestically.

His finish last night was excellent, he can be erratic and better off the bench but more of that would be lovely.

Any word on who you guys are bringing in? Think I saw possibly looking at Podence from Wolves?

It's so shi*e man honestly, needs to get sorted ASAP and get opposition fans back in and make it feisty AF!
I think yee will beat us comfortably unfortunately. Home advantage is huge and CCV and Hatate are out. 2 huge losses. Looks like Alistair Johnson will be back though which is a huge plus for us although his match sharpness won't be there. He should play this weekend which will help on that front. Ralston is nowhere near good enough.

I think Cantwell is a good player for yee. Good signing.

We are looking at Podence alright. I've asked a few guys that watch EPL religiously and the concensus is that he is a really talented player. He is not physically strong enough for EPL but he has lots of ability.
We are definitely targeting 2 or 3 big money signings, Podence being 1. The next 10 days could seriously shape our season. We need to add physicality to our team in midfield. Its imperative that we do. Killie bullied us. Kieran Tierney is rumoured to be signing on a loan deal and we are apparently looking at a goal keeper. I have my doubts KT will sign because Arsenal lost a left back for season through injury.

I fully expect us to sign at least 2 players. Whether they will be a huge step up on our current 1st 11 remains to seen. We need a wide player, we need a centre mid, we need a left back and we probably need a keeper.

We could do with a loan signing of a central defender as CCV is out for Ibrox, as is the new polish signing Nawrocki, as is Stephen Welsh, we have new Swedish defender and Liam Scales and a Japanese guy who was awful at Ibrox end of last season, as our only 3 fit centre halves. Scales and Swedish guy will likely play and that gives me the fear going to Ibrox.

To be honest, it won't be a disaster if we lose at Ibrox so long as we win this weekend. If we sign 2 or 3 high quality additions, even if we lose at Ibrox, we should still be favourites for the league. If we get 2 or 3 in and we get Hatate and CCV back fully fit, we should be a totally different team to the team we have right now. We will get destroyed in Europe though. Absolutely destroyed.

Vault Dweller

I think yee will beat us comfortably unfortunately. Home advantage is huge and CCV and Hatate are out. 2 huge losses. Looks like Alistair Johnson will be back though which is a huge plus for us although his match sharpness won't be there. He should play this weekend which will help on that front. Ralston is nowhere near good enough.

I think Cantwell is a good player for yee. Good signing.

We are looking at Podence alright. I've asked a few guys that watch EPL religiously and the concensus is that he is a really talented player. He is not physically strong enough for EPL but he has lots of ability.
We are definitely targeting 2 or 3 big money signings, Podence being 1. The next 10 days could seriously shape our season. We need to add physicality to our team in midfield. Its imperative that we do. Killie bullied us. Kieran Tierney is rumoured to be signing on a loan deal and we are apparently looking at a goal keeper. I have my doubts KT will sign because Arsenal lost a left back for season through injury.

I fully expect us to sign at least 2 players. Whether they will be a huge step up on our current 1st 11 remains to seen. We need a wide player, we need a centre mid, we need a left back and we probably need a keeper.

We could do with a loan signing of a central defender as CCV is out for Ibrox, as is the new polish signing Nawrocki, as is Stephen Welsh, we have new Swedish defender and Liam Scales and a Japanese guy who was awful at Ibrox end of last season, as our only 3 fit centre halves. Scales and Swedish guy will likely play and that gives me the fear going to Ibrox.

To be honest, it won't be a disaster if we lose at Ibrox so long as we win this weekend. If we sign 2 or 3 high quality additions, even if we lose at Ibrox, we should still be favourites for the league. If we get 2 or 3 in and we get Hatate and CCV back fully fit, we should be a totally different team to the team we have right now. We will get destroyed in Europe though. Absolutely destroyed.
Those are two big losses for sure, Johnson is a mint player but as you say won't be up to match fitness. Rangers have a big chance in the home Old Firm but still not sure how it is gonna go :lol: yeah Cantwell is very good, not sure he will stay much longer than this season though and look for a move back down south.

Podence is a good player from whenever I have seen him, aye maybe a bit lightweight but good. If youse get Tierney back that's massive, brilliant player. Arsenal losing Timber might scupper that but you never know.

Kinda the same for United too, like Celtic have been found wanting in certain areas so far and a big final week of the window coming up.

Starfeld going is a loss too I thought, always thought he was pretty decent.

Yeah, if we both win this weekend it is far more important Rangers get the points in the Old Firm than Celtic, so see what happens this weekend. Players back always big, but I think we might both struggle in Europe tbh. Yeah we got a good result the other night but we had to defend for really long periods and didn't create too many chances. Playing against better teams than PSV, it could be a doing.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Those are two big losses for sure, Johnson is a mint player but as you say won't be up to match fitness. Rangers have a big chance in the home Old Firm but still not sure how it is gonna go :lol: yeah Cantwell is very good, not sure he will stay much longer than this season though and look for a move back down south.

Podence is a good player from whenever I have seen him, aye maybe a bit lightweight but good. If youse get Tierney back that's massive, brilliant player. Arsenal losing Timber might scupper that but you never know.

Kinda the same for United too, like Celtic have been found wanting in certain areas so far and a big final week of the window coming up.

Starfeld going is a loss too I thought, always thought he was pretty decent.

Yeah, if we both win this weekend it is far more important Rangers get the points in the Old Firm than Celtic, so see what happens this weekend. Players back always big, but I think we might both struggle in Europe tbh. Yeah we got a good result the other night but we had to defend for really long periods and didn't create too many chances. Playing against better teams than PSV, it could be a doing.
The CL is simply too big a gulf for both Scottish teams these days.

The rumour is the deal is too expensive for Podence so have turned our attention to Luis Palma. Ironically linked with Rangers in Jan.

I honestly can't see us picking up anything next weekend but Johnson back is huge despite not being match sharp. He is an excellent player. Starlet was an under rated player. Very under rated.
We never lost a Domestic match when Starfelt and CCV were our centre back partnership.

Tierney would be massive alright but with Timber injured, I can't see it.

I think Saturday could be tricky enough for yee. Away to RC on a tight pitch in between European games.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
United should have offered Butland a contract, would have been a very shrewd signing, he's looking back to his best today.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
United should have offered Butland a contract, would have been a very shrewd signing, he's looking back to his best today.
Huge difference having a proper all-round keeper after two seasons of not being good enough in that department.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Huge difference having a proper all-round keeper after two seasons of not being good enough in that department.
I bet!

Looks like a good season for Rangers so far, Celtic slightly off the pace and they don't seem to be a cohesive unit, whereas Rangers seem to be developing well.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Celtic look a shadow of themselves without Ange, as suspected.

AP Chaos ball v slow paced Rodgers style. It was never going to end well.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Celtic defence depleted with injuries.

Rangers have their own issues with injuries and form.

This could be a high scoring game this.

Needham

The level diff is scandalous. Everton Sheff U was infinitely better in quality yesterday.