Scottish Football Thread

Sara125

This question is not specifically regarding this match but can someone explain Celtic's Lee Rigby chant please? What has he got to do with Scotland I'm confused? Sorry I'm out of the loop

Deleted member 101472

This question is not specifically regarding this match but can someone explain Celtic's Lee Rigby chant please? What has he got to do with Scotland I'm confused? Sorry I'm out of the loop
Celtic fans think that all rangers fans love the British army

IRELANDUNITED

The quality on show was absolutely shocking, from both sides. It was more like a Sunday league game. I have no doubt that Gerrard would get his players motivated for big games but I highly doubt he has any actual real intellect that the top managers have

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Nice to see this league being competitive for a change. Even if the standard is not great it had to get back to being that. Celtic dominating is probably why the standard has dropped so much anyway.

Deleted member 101472

Nice to see this league being competitive for a change. Even if the standard is not great it had to get back to being that. Celtic dominating is probably why the standard has dropped so much anyway.
This should be a warning sign to Celtics board, they NEED to spend money in January and they have plenty of it. It’s clear that they can’t just expect to win the league with the current squad.

Ryan Christie stood out a mile again today, the only Celtic player that gets a pass mark from that game. Needs a young hungry ball winner beside him in midfield, brown is past it.

It’s a different game with tierney on the park today, as it would have moved mcgregor further forward and into the middle where he would have competed much better than brown today.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Hmm,not sure.
Madrid-Barca
Liverpool-United
River-Boca
Inter-AC

Dont get me wrong as it's up there but I wouldn't say 'it IS the biggest in the world!'.
All subjective though.
I think people under-estimate how many Rangers and Celtic fans there are round the world. It seems to be more that because the standard has dropped that it isn't a big game any longer, but it is to those fans.

aman92

Supports
Liverpool
Hmm,not sure.
Madrid-Barca
Liverpool-United
River-Boca
Inter-AC

Dont get me wrong as it's up there but I wouldn't say 'it IS the biggest in the world!'.
All subjective though.
Liverpool-United and Madrid-Barca aren't derbies

Deleted member 101472

Hmm,not sure.
Madrid-Barca
Liverpool-United
River-Boca
Inter-AC

All subjective though.
Madrid Barca isn’t a proper derby, nor is Liverpool united. Those are rivalries not derbies and even then they don’t come close. Inter AC doesn’t belong in that discussion at all.

poleglass red

celtic still top with a game in hand but they need to spend in jan. maybe that loss today is the kick up the arse the board needs.

TheRedScot

In Any Fight It’s The Guy Whose Willing To Die Who
celtic still top with a game in hand but they need to spend in jan. maybe that loss today is the kick up the arse the board needs.
Tbf even though we won today. we are still toothless. Plus Celtic were missing Rogic and Tierney. And not having Mcgregor in The middle was big miss for them. They will still win the league comfortably.

We will have belief now going into old firms though. Which is a huge hurdle for us

Deleted member 101472

Tbf even though we won today. we are still toothless. Plus Celtic were missing Rogic and Tierney. And not having Mcgregor in The middle was big miss for them. They will still win the league comfortably.

We will have belief now going into old firms though. Which is a huge hurdle for us
I thought rangers were quite right to take the decision to cut the allocation and it proved to be the right decision today. Fans played a massive part in some of the players commitment levels today and Celtic didn’t get that spur that they usually get, even at Ibrox their fans can have an influence.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
This should be a warning sign to Celtics board, they NEED to spend money in January and they have plenty of it. It’s clear that they can’t just expect to win the league with the current squad.

Ryan Christie stood out a mile again today, the only Celtic player that gets a pass mark from that game. Needs a young hungry ball winner beside him in midfield, brown is past it.

It’s a different game with tierney on the park today, as it would have moved mcgregor further forward and into the middle where he would have competed much better than brown today.
Christie like the rest of the entitled was shite, totally overrun in midfield.
Not a fan of either side obviously but Rangers should have won 5-0.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Scottish Football> English Football.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Hmm,not sure.
Madrid-Barca
Liverpool-United
River-Boca
Inter-AC

All subjective though.
Inter V Milan is called the friendly derby isn’t it?

The El Classico isn’t a derby nor is United and Liverpool

Moriarty

Inter V Milan is called the friendly derby isn’t it?

The El Classico isn’t a derby nor is United and Liverpool
Liverpool v United has never been a derby game. The media call it the North West derby, but that's bollocks. When we in the 2nd Division, City fans mocked us when we played Oldham, calling that United's new derby but they soon got used to such clashes themselves.