Scottish Football Thread

Grahampa

Supports
Aberdeen
Honestly who cares. Is everybody upset that Gary Naysmith didn't go down crying and screaming from an 'elbow'? Ok so he tapped Jonny Hayes on the arse. Who cares. Contact sport, no? People are soft these days.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
shows you how blinkered people are, my point was that Devlins card should have been overturned and Logan only got sent off because the precious minks didn't like it and behaved like spoilt kids.

But hey, just skirt the issue if it suits, just like the SFA.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Aberdeen FC finds the explanation provided by the SFA in relation to the Michael Devlin red card appeal unacceptable.

The club maintains its view that the player was wrongfully dismissed, that the evidence presented was a robust defence and was overwhelmingly compelling in the player’s favour.

In light of recent decisions taken by the SFA, the club believes it is imperative for the country’s football authorities to establish consistency and transparency in the appeal and referral process and will engage in dialogue with the SPFL in this regard to seek their assistance.

Furthermore, at a time when technology is making a significant and positive impact across sport, the club believes that the impact of the VAR system trials in the English Premier League need to be considered if stakeholders in the game are going to regain trust in the process.

AFC is aware that the views we have expressed are held by many who have found key appeal and referral decisions this year perplexing and want to see the governing body dealing with this proactively, with a consistent and transparent appeals process high up on the agenda.

Doing so would enhance the game’s integrity, greatly assist referees, improve the game for fans and, ultimately, the perception of Scottish football.

Aberdeen FC statement : Devlins red card.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
All credit to Steve Clarke and Aberdeen FC for standing up to the complete incompetent biased SFA.

Its the only way things will change.

RedDevilRoshi

Just seen the news that both League Cup semi finals are going to be getting played on the same day.

Aberdeen vs Rangers kicking off lunchtime and Hearts vs Celtic in the evening game on the very same day, both at Hampden.

I know both the ugly sisters have games in Europe on the Thursday night but surely the SFA would have moved these semi finals to the following week. Another case would have been playing the Aberdeen - Rangers semi final @ Hampden and the Hearts - Celtic semi final @ Murrayfield with both games kicking off at the same time.

What a completely stupid, idiotic decision! If people think the English FA are very bad, the SFA take it to a whole new level. If there is indeed crowd trouble and people end up getting hurt (God forbid) the SFA have only themselves to blame and should be held accountable.

ZAGREB RED

Just seen the news that both League Cup semi finals are going to be getting played on the same day.

Aberdeen vs Rangers kicking off lunchtime and Hearts vs Celtic in the evening game on the very same day, both at Hampden.

I know both the ugly sisters have games in Europe on the Thursday night but surely the SFA would have moved these semi finals to the following week. Another case would have been playing the Aberdeen - Rangers semi final @ Hampden and the Hearts - Celtic semi final @ Murrayfield with both games kicking off at the same time.

What a completely stupid, idiotic decision! If people think the English FA are very bad, the SFA take it to a whole new level. If there is indeed crowd trouble and people end up getting hurt (God forbid) the SFA have only themselves to blame and should be held accountable.
It just defies belief firstly that someone came up with this ludicrous idea and then - even more baffling probably - that the police agreed to it. I think there was a plan to have one of the games at Murrayfield but that didn't happen due to contractual obligations to play both games at Hampden or financial penalties would apply.
The potential for carnage is obvious, hopefully it won't happen, but hopefully common sense will prevail and this idea will be scrapped. The usual trend is try and avoid the rival teams from Dundee, Edinburgh and Glasgow playing games at home on the same day, rarely happens unless it is Unavoidable, but this decision is just sheer and utter stupidity. Surely they could have found a way to schedule these games in a sensible way. Then again....

Last edited by a moderator:

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
It’s a crock of shit. All comes back to crap scheduling at the start of the season. It wasn’t beyond the realms of possibility that Celtic and Rangers would be in the Europa League and get to the League Cup semis. It was pretty likely that would happen. What disappoints me is the SPFL’s complete failure to take responsibility for the situation they now find themselves in. The fixtures secretary’s arse should be on the line.

If Hampden contractually has to be used then they need to move other league games around to accommodate a semi final on another weekend. It does beg the question why our stadium contract is so unfit for purpose that it creates silly scenarios, which again is the fault of the SPFL. The notion that the Police refuse to allow Celtic and Rangers to play at home on the same day yet are happy with them playing in the same stadium on the same day, plus the added mix of up to 40k Aberdeen and Hearts fans is nonsense.

ZAGREB RED

Meant to post last Saturday when he scored the winner in their game against Motherwell, but I honestly didn't realise James Wilson was on loan at Aberdeen for the season.

Deleted member 101472

Hearts v hibs 0-0, hearts get a last minute winner ruled out and Neil Lennon tells the fans to sit down and then gets pelted with a coin. Tynecastle really is an eventful place for him

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
James Wilson scored a screamer, if his attitude is right he will be a good player for us in the short term.

bucky

What do you guys think of Odsonne Edouard? Don't watch Scottish football, but it seems that Celtic have found Dembele's replacement rather quickly.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
What do you guys think of Odsonne Edouard? Don't watch Scottish football, but it seems that Celtic have found Dembele's replacement rather quickly.
He's a bit rough at the minute. His work rate was outstanding. He looks good pace wise too and attitude seems good but his decisions arent quite that of a top notch striker for me. He is overly reliant on his right foot. That said a few tweaks and a few years experience and he will be a very good centre forward.

bucky

He's a bit rough at the minute. His work rate was outstanding. He looks good pace wise too and attitude seems good but his decisions arent quite that of a top notch striker for me. He is overly reliant on his right foot. That said a few tweaks and a few years experience and he will be a very good centre forward.
Thanks!

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
Impressed with the way Rangers controlled the game after going behind against the Jambos. Never looked in any trouble at all in the 2nd half.
Haven't the foggiest what Arfield was trying to do though

Deleted member 101472

Rangers chances of winning the league are entirely dependent on Celtics “we’ve won the game before it started” approach. They cut that out, it won’t be close.

Deleted member 101472

Biggest old firm in a while tomorrow. Rangers decided to allocate only 750 tickets to Celtic fans in the hope that the atmosphere will give them an advantage. Best hope they don’t concede early or their players legs will go to jelly.

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
Biggest old firm in a while tomorrow. Rangers decided to allocate only 750 tickets to Celtic fans in the hope that the atmosphere will give them an advantage. Best hope they don’t concede early or their players legs will go to jelly.
Think the 750 tickets is because that's what Celtic gave Rangers earlier in season isn't it?

steakpie

I think Celtic will win today. Rangers lack alot of quality, Gerrard's signings have been underwhelming and Celtic just have alot more quality.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Rangers have only taken 9 points out of the last 18. They've had enough chances in each game to win all 18 and be well clear at the top, but nobody apart from Morelos has shown any nous in front of goal. That's the main difference between the sides - Celtic have goals from attacking midfield positions through Christie, Macgregor, Forrest and Sinclair.

kyofusho

Slippy G is talking the talk ahead of the game, saying his team feel more 'together' than last time (when they rolled over). All good signs but I'm still expecting Morelos to scissor down a Celtic player within the first 5 minutes and get sent off :lol:

Bwuk

Benkovic is such a baller. Hope I’m not jinxing it for him today - but don’t see how he wont end up in a Champions League side.

Deleted member 101472

Morelos manages to avoid a booking for kicking Scott brown right between the legs- very deliberately - right in front of the ref :lol:

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
First time I’ve ever seen an Old Firm and I gotta say it’s much better than expected.

Deleted member 101472

If rangers just keep attacking lustig they’ll get joy all day

Deleted member 101472

Benkovic is such a baller. Hope I’m not jinxing it for him today - but don’t see how he wont end up in a Champions League side.
Well if he keeps up like he is today, he’ll be lucky to ever end up in a championship side

Deleted member 101472

First time I’ve ever seen an Old Firm and I gotta say it’s much better than expected.
They are usually good value. The 3-2 to Celtic at Ibrox last year was one of the best