Scottish Football Thread

Ban

Glad for Celtic, Slippy Stevie was so bigged up in the media in recent weeks, glad to see him crashing down.

Glaswegian

Glad for Celtic, Slippy Stevie was so bigged up in the media in recent weeks, glad to see him crashing down.
The fawning over him in the media up here has been laughable, they are fecking rotten playing no better football than what Pedro and Murty offered up.

Get it round ye Slippy G :lol:

poleglass red

good game. enjoyed that. how clueless tactically was Stevie me though particularly in 1st half. he'll learn from it no doubt.now come on tyrone.

Ban

The fawning over him in the media up here has been laughable, they are fecking rotten playing no better football than what Pedro and Murty offered up.

Get it round ye Slippy G :lol:
Yeah, it was practically every week, Steven Gerrard still unbeaten. :D

DavidDeSchmikes

I was listening to the radio and the commentators were talking the previous Old Firms games and how they were one sided. Apparently todays game is an indication that the Old Firm is 'back'

Minimalist

I was listening to the radio and the commentators were talking the previous Old Firms games and how they were one sided. Apparently todays game is an indication that the Old Firm is 'back'
Only the score line suggests that. Celtic could and should have scored 3 or 4 and they weren’t even that great. Rangers are dreadful.

poleglass red

score line flattered Rangers big time. their keeper made some great saves. it was just after 50 mins when rangers won their 1st corner

RedDevilRoshi

good game. enjoyed that. how clueless tactically was Stevie me though particularly in 1st half. he'll learn from it no doubt.now come on tyrone.

You’re the first person I’ve come across to say that was a good game and found it enjoyable. Don’t know what game you were watching? It was diabolical, league 1 standard.

evil_geko

Tbh I found the game more enjoyable than United last 5 games combined, that is how dreadful watching Jose's side is atm.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Baffling. We totally dominated them. There were closer games between us last season!

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
did they win a cup today, just seen the after match celebrations.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Watched the game today and it is still easy to see the difference in quality between Celtic and Rangers. Rangers played a very similar style to that of the smaller Portuguese teams ( no disrespect ). So Gerrard have got them to the europa league which given the state of the club in the last few years is a hell of a achievement and as for their league record 5 points from 4 leaves much to be desired so what is the genual consensus about what he has done so far. Are Rangers fans happy with what he has done so far does it look promising or are they still very well behind?

Also saw Hearts are 4-0-0 to start the season surely they will drop off soon enough?

Lastly best of luck to Celtic they don the same colors as Sporting and Celtic park in general is just magical great fans and a great club.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Watched the game today and it is still easy to see the difference in quality between Celtic and Rangers. Rangers played a very similar style to that of the smaller Portuguese teams ( no disrespect ). So Gerrard have got them to the europa league which given the state of the club in the last few years is a hell of a achievement and as for their league record 5 points from 4 leaves much to be desired so what is the genual consensus about what he has done so far. Are Rangers fans happy with what he has done so far does it look promising or are they still very well behind?

Also saw Hearts are 4-0-0 to start the season surely they will drop off soon enough?

Lastly best of luck to Celtic they don the same colors as Sporting and Celtic park in general is just magical great fans and a great club.
Crap today, but first poor performance. Thought a lot of the new players couldn't hack the intensity of an Old Firm game. League table isn't a fair reflection of progress to date, with some good performances in Europe and getting robbed up in Aberdeen on the first day. See where we are in a couple of months' time.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Crap today, but first poor performance. Thought a lot of the new players couldn't hack the intensity of an Old Firm game. League table isn't a fair reflection of progress to date, with some good performances in Europe and getting robbed up in Aberdeen on the first day. See where we are in a couple of months' time.
Ejaria especially, I thought.

ZAGREB RED

The only difference between Slippy G's Rangers team yesterday and the game where they lost 5-0 late on last season is they now have a better keeper and look slightly better drilled and more resilient.

poleglass red

You’re the first person I’ve come across to say that was a good game and found it enjoyable. Don’t know what game you were watching? It was diabolical, league 1 standard.
I enjoyed it.there was 50 of us in a bar watching it who enjoyed it also. is the football top class-no. it's the spl ffs. Celtic hit the bar 3 times. rangers keeper made excellent saves throughout the game. some nice physical tackles. enjoyable for me.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen

:nono::nono::nono:

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Which parts?

That 'criticism' could just as easily apply to United's games at Brighton and at home to Spurs where where we saw guys like Lukaku completely missing the target from 12 yards out under no pressure and the defence being totally unable to actually defend.

I think it's just such a lazy, arrogant dismissal of Scottish football to always compare it to "league 1". Every single player in the Celtic and Rangers squads are far, far, beyond the league 1 level. Not one league 1 team would've qualified for the Europa League like Rangers did. Burnley could only scrape a draw against Aberdeen and needed extra time to beat them. Man City couldn't beat Celtic in both games we played them in the Champions League.

Maybe if we had enough money to afford your nan we could maybe improve to a Championship level, but alas, we don't.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
The corrupt SFA at it again.
Devlins red card against Kilmarnock not overturned. Absolute joke.
McGregors kick out at Ajaer, no action :houllier:
Morelos red card for kick out at McKenna, overturned to a yellow :houllier:
Mutant Brown elbow on Naismith, no action
Naismith stamp on Hayes, no action.

Shay Logan sent off for winding up the "mighty" after the game last season. 2 game ban :lol::lol::lol:

Yet the mutant does it week in week out, no problem . A bit of banter.
Watching the mutant and his mates (Tierney & the Thumb) make a total arse of themselves after beating Sevco was embarrassing.
Inciting the crowd, naw…………… just banter.

The game in Scotland is fecked, as the bias has been going on for years and will continue.
Aberdeen Football Club must stand up and be counted , enough is enough.

Best thing that could happen up here is get rid of the scum and let the rest get on with the game.

Last edited:

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Yeah I don't really get the Logan suspension when all that wummery with the crowd is an every week event. Also agree that Brophy engineered that contact against Devlin and it should have been rescinded. Looked fairly cut and dried.

Not really sure about bias for Rangers given we had a player wrongly sent off against Aberdeen after 10 minutes and had to go through the game with 10 men, effectively losing 2 points as a result.

A lot of the problem arises from the new guidance that has come out on petulant offences which aren't deemed as dangerous that, in the past would have merited a red, now only get a yellow. Therefore I can see how Naismith's kick on Hayes doesn't get a red now, whereas it would have done in previous years. The major problem is the SFA haven't communicated any of those changes of interpretation to fans, only to players and officials, so we're all wondering what the feck is going on.

SambaBoy

It's a shame that Celtic don't have better owners, they don't spend any money at all considering they are in the CL most seasons. Have to constantly sell their best players which is understandable but even their decent players will go. They have everything there to be a decent CL team, if they get better investment, surely it will improve the league as well. They are miles ahead as they are and it will force the other clubs especially Rangers to try and match them.

I have alot of family in Scotland and they are split between Celtic and Rangers. Back in the early 00's, they were very good teams. Rangers have 5-6 good players and Celtic of course had Larsson, the games were great entertainment and both could hold their own in Europe. At the time, it was a general consensus that if they played in the PL they would compete for top 4 and definitely be in the top 6. Only their home form would most likely keep them up if they were to try now.

Kingantti1874

Supports
Hearts
Celtic and rangers are vile. A national embarassment, clubs build on the back on politics bigotry and hatred. A representation of that is wrong with Scotland. Find it hilarious when they are praised from afar - if only you knew what theynare singing about.. And it isn't football

On a positive note, delighted demi mitchell back at hearts, nearly scored a worldy overhead kick.. As for stevie G, a bit of a moaning tosser and an average manager best sums uo his start to life in Scotland.. Worst league start in 30 years

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Celtic and rangers are vile. A national embarassment, clubs build on the back on politics bigotry and hatred. A representation of that is wrong with Scotland. Find it hilarious when they are praised from afar - if only you knew what theynare singing about.. And it isn't football

On a positive note, delighted demi mitchell back at hearts, nearly scored a worldy overhead kick.. As for stevie G, a bit of a moaning tosser and an average manager best sums uo his start to life in Scotland.. Worst league start in 30 years
this is it, they are bigish clubs so they appeal to the glory hunter type who sadly seem to have taken over the game.
Armchair warriors who " support " their team from afar.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Yeah I don't really get the Logan suspension when all that wummery with the crowd is an every week event. Also agree that Brophy engineered that contact against Devlin and it should have been rescinded. Looked fairly cut and dried.

Not really sure about bias for Rangers given we had a player wrongly sent off against Aberdeen after 10 minutes and had to go through the game with 10 men, effectively losing 2 points as a result.

A lot of the problem arises from the new guidance that has come out on petulant offences which aren't deemed as dangerous that, in the past would have merited a red, now only get a yellow. Therefore I can see how Naismith's kick on Hayes doesn't get a red now, whereas it would have done in previous years. The major problem is the SFA haven't communicated any of those changes of interpretation to fans, only to players and officials, so we're all wondering what the feck is going on.
new guidance, :lol: who made this one up.

Morelas red should not have been rescinded he kicked out.
McGregor should have been punished for lashing out with his foot.

Devlin should have had his red rescinded because
A: Brophy pulled his shirt first
B: not clear at all that he was last man, they were 40 yards from goal
C: Brophy dived

the SFA needs to be cleansed from top to bottom and foreign refs brought in, its the only way forward.
Either that or get the both arse cheeks to feck...……. they want to play in England, sooner the better.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic

Nonsense. It makes me laugh how fans of the rest in Scotland go on about this crap. Where was Neil Lennon attacked on the touchline? Hearts. Why? Because he's a Catholic. So give me peace with the national embarrassment and bigotry stuff. There's a feck ton of bigotry in Edinburgh. It isn't just Celtic and Rangers. It's a problem deep rooted in Scotland as a whole rather than just certain football clubs.

this is it, they are bigish clubs so they appeal to the glory hunter type who sadly seem to have taken over the game.
Armchair warriors who " support " their team from afar.
As above. Only one team go to Ibrox and sing about the Ibrox disaster or Durrant's injury and it isn't Celtic fans. The same support also come to CP and take great delight in singing about paedophiles and Jimmy Saville. Imagine actually glorifying and revelling in child abuse... Anyone who knows Scottish football knows how scummy Aberdeen fans can be.

The glory hunter line makes me laugh due to the amount of people in Scotland (non CFC and RFC fans) who'll drive past their local clubs stadium on a Saturday morning on their way down to Anfield or Old Trafford.

and this isn't an elbow...

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
new guidance, :lol: who made this one up.

Morelas red should not have been rescinded he kicked out.
McGregor should have been punished for lashing out with his foot.

Devlin should have had his red rescinded because
A: Brophy pulled his shirt first
B: not clear at all that he was last man, they were 40 yards from goal
C: Brophy dived

the SFA needs to be cleansed from top to bottom and foreign refs brought in, its the only way forward.
Either that or get the both arse cheeks to feck...……. they want to play in England, sooner the better.
Aye it’s all a big conspiracy.

There is new guidance - all clubs will have received it during the off season.

Kingantti1874

Supports
Hearts
Tried not to but cant let that go unanswered. All clubs have idiots but the notion that celtic fans are somehow above it is beyond parody. Im used to hearing it and ignoring the 90 minute IRA stuff but the lee rigby song we were subjected to stood out as a particular lowlight the other week. Vomit inducing. Anyway that will be my last post on that subject.

On the pitch i think celtic look significantly weaker though still likely too strong for everyone else over the course of the season

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Tried not to but cant let that go unanswered. All clubs have idiots but the notion that celtic fans are somehow above it is beyond parody. Im used to hearing it and ignoring the 90 minute IRA stuff but the lee rigby song we were subjected to stood out as a particular lowlight the other week. Vomit inducing. Anyway that will be my last post on that subject.

On the pitch i think celtic look significantly weaker though still likely too strong for everyone else over the course of the season
We aren't above it. We have plenty idiots. The point is that non old firm fans act like they're angels and it's only the OF that are at it when there's plenty of bigotry and nastiness in the Hearts and Aberdeen support. The only reason it seems more prevalent within the OF is because they have more fans. Like I said, bigotry and sectarianism is deep rooted into Scottish culture and is far more widespread than just a minority of idiot football fans.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
Nonsense. It makes me laugh how fans of the rest in Scotland go on about this crap. Where was Neil Lennon attacked on the touchline? Hearts. Why? Because he's a Catholic. So give me peace with the national embarrassment and bigotry stuff. There's a feck ton of bigotry in Edinburgh. It isn't just Celtic and Rangers. It's a problem deep rooted in Scotland as a whole rather than just certain football clubs.

As above. Only one team go to Ibrox and sing about the Ibrox disaster or Durrant's injury and it isn't Celtic fans. The same support also come to CP and take great delight in singing about paedophiles and Jimmy Saville. Imagine actually glorifying and revelling in child abuse... Anyone who knows Scottish football knows how scummy Aberdeen fans can be.

The glory hunter line makes me laugh due to the amount of people in Scotland (non CFC and RFC fans) who'll drive past their local clubs stadium on a Saturday morning on their way down to Anfield or Old Trafford.

firstly, I have never said Aberdeen dont have absolute muppets " supporting" the club, every team does.

My point comes from the "glory hunters" claiming to support Man Utd, City, Liverpool etc etc when they don't even live in the UK.
These are the types who think Celtic are a great club with great supporters, they are ignorant to the truth.

As for the blatant cheating from the SFA, I stand by it.
Why was Logan sent off against the mighty? 2 match ban?
Why was Devlins red not overturned when everybody with half a brain thought it should have?
Kick out at players , no problem

As for the mutant, he runs around like he owns the game, the refs seem to like him tough.

feck the SFA.

No11

Supports
Aberdeen
[/QUOTE]
It's a problem deep rooted in Scotland as a whole rather than just certain football clubs.

No its not.
The majority are brain dead and don't have a clue what the feck is going on, in other words "neds".

No11

Supports
Aberdeen

so, the mutant plants his feet forces his body backwards and raises his arm.

no reason for him to do this what so ever as the ball is nowhere near him. He knows exactly where Naismith is.
Naismith to his credit didnt make a meal of it, but as I have said in a previous post the mutant has license to do pretty much as he wants.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
That mutant has won as many domestic trophies as your club has in it's entire history. Show some respect ;)