Sean Dyche

dev1l

Tbf Burnley have limited resources for a PL club and Dyche is working miracles to keep them up their. It s like playing with a standard championship team week in week out in.the EPL.

IrishRedDevil

The commentator referred to him as the ginger Mourinho. If I was Jose, I’d sue them for such slander. This neanderthal shouldn’t be compared to anyone.

drdoityourself

The hypocrisy of this man...this team is clearly instructed to fall down at every opportunity, Ashley Barnes the worst culprit and Chris Wood is no rooted tree either. Yet almost every game he comes out saying the other teams' diving is killing the game.

His team is also dangerously aggressive and deceptive, look at Ben Mee telling the referee he didn't touch Martial when he obviously kicked him hard. Glad Maguire came over and gave him a word.

I rarely get bothered by the presence of teams in the Premier League, but I'd really like for them to disappear into Millwall territory.

Loon

:lol:
Aggressive ginger nutsack seemingly in permanent need of a suck on a Fisherman’s Friend.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Aggressive ginger nutsack seemingly in permanent need of a suck on a Fisherman’s Friend.
The most accurate description of anyone ever.
Thank you.

cyberman

Tbf Burnley have limited resources for a PL club and Dyche is working miracles to keep them up their. It s like playing with a standard championship team week in week out in.the EPL.
Theyve been in it for long enough that they have money in the bank. They arent any worse off than Brighton, Sheffield United etc

Suvvernmanc

Will be forever managing Burnley or will end up the new 'big Sam' get a team out of a relegation fight type manager. I dont think he has it in his locker to manage a bigger team as some have mentioned before. The football he plays is horrible. He picks players that will suit his style and has never attempted to get a flair player in this setup, even when he got them into Europe last year.

The PL has evolved a lot in the last few years and teams like Brighton, Palace, Southampton, and even Watford in the last few games are all playing much more attacking and possession based football and Burnley imo are being left behind with Shaun Dyche being completely unaware of this change.

Burnley have always been very hard to play against but that Europe season they actually scored goals and didnt concede alot. This year is evident that they have missed a trick to evolve.

Djemba-Djemba

Some elitist bullshit in here, he manages Burnley ffs.
He can do whatever he wants if it keeps Burnley safe, he's done an incredible job.

But that doesn't mean you're not allowed to slag him off. His team spends 90 minutes kicking you all over the pitch and routinely get away with it whilst he stands on the touchline screaming his head off over every single decision.

They're a fecking horrible team.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Burnley play as they are allowed to. Any blame should fall squarely on the refs that enable it.

dev1l

He can do whatever he wants if it keeps Burnley safe, he's done an incredible job.

But that doesn't mean you're not allowed to slag him off. His team spends 90 minutes kicking you all over the pitch and routinely get away with it whilst he stands on the touchline screaming his head off over every single decision.

True but that s the job of the referee to protect opponents players.
If the referee does his job, then teams like Burnley will be force to change their "tactics"

Djemba-Djemba

True but that s the job of the referee to protect opponents players.
If the referee does his job, then teams like Burnley will be force to change their "tactics"
Totally agree.

Stoke used to get away with the same thing for years too. Because they're seen as being a rough and physical side the refs seem to give them extra leeway to do countless snidey fouls.

I cant wait for Burnley to get relegated. They kick the crap out of opposition players until they can win the ball and boot it back upfield, then throw themselves to the ground at the slightest touch the other way. One of the worst teams to ever play in this league.

Dyche can then go back to working the doors or whatever he does in his spare time.

CHKBC

Sean Dyche and Burnley FC need to disappear from the Premier League ASAP! Hopefully down to the Conference and lower if need be.

I have never despised a football club and manager more than this disgusting combo. And that includes the fans as well. The Burnley fans even have a thread called the "Magic Money Tree" in their beehole end forum that disparages all the wealthy clubs (basically most clubs) and make ridiculous notions such as calling for salary and transfer fee caps while moaning and pleading poverty.

Also, Sean Dyche refuses to buy foreign players (Burnley has the least number of foreign players outside of the British Isles in their squad) which combined with his thuggish and hoofball tactics make him out to be a football version of an ultra nationalist. He even let go his best player which unsurprisingly is a foreigner (Steven Defour). At least Sam Allardyce and Tony Pullis were willing to buy foreign players and play them.

Reactions: Sultan

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Some of you are sounding like Xavi Hernandez after a smaller club would rough Barcelona up. Come what may, it's up to the officials to adeaquately deal with roughouse tactics.

Classical Mechanic

Sean Dyche and Burnley FC need to disappear from the Premier League ASAP! Hopefully down to the Conference and lower if need be.

I have never despised a football club and manager more than this disgusting combo. And that includes the fans as well. The Burnley fans even have a thread called the "Magic Money Tree" in their beehole end forum that disparages all the wealthy clubs (basically most clubs) and make ridiculous notions such as calling for salary and transfer fee caps while moaning and pleading poverty.

Also, Sean Dyche refuses to buy foreign players (Burnley has the least number of foreign players outside of the British Isles in their squad) which combined with his thuggish and hoofball tactics make him out to be a football version of an ultra nationalist. He even let go his best player which unsurprisingly is a foreigner (Steven Defour). At least Sam Allardyce and Tony Pullis were willing to buy foreign players and play them.
I feel there’s a fair bit of hyperbole and misrepresentation here.

Im not sure why you’d get offended by the fans of a club that has very little financial resources taking shots at those with massive ones. There are massive economic inequalities in football that precludes anything like a true level playing field. I don’t think backing the economic behemoths and oil clubs is something to get on a high horse about.

Steven Defour was not their best player. For one he has a terrible injury record and didn’t play enough and secondly he’s gone and joined Royal Antwerp in Europe’s 8th ranked league on a 1 year contract after leaving Burnley. That tells you about his standing in the game.

He doesn’t refuse to sign foreign players. He has 7 non-British players in his squad, 4 if you exclude the Irish players. He wants to play an old school British style as a way of punching well above Burnley’s weight so signs players from those kind of football cultures generally.

No issue if you hate his style but he just sees it as a way of levelling up the playing field against the big boys.

I do feel it’s rank hypocrisy for United fans to complain about rough treatment of our players when our most venerated manager would deploy the same tactics when it suited.

That said, Ole should try to influence refs more.

Darkhorsez

Im not sure why you’d get offended by the fans of a club that has very little financial resources taking shots at those with massive ones. There are massive economic inequalities in football that precludes anything like a true level playing field. I don’t think backing the economic behemoths and oil clubs is something to get on a high horse about.

Steven Defour was not their best player. For one he has a terrible injury record and didn’t play enough and secondly he’s gone and joined Royal Antwerp in Europe’s 8th ranked league on a 1 year contract after leaving Burnley. That tells you about his standing in the game.

He doesn’t refuse to sign foreign players. He has 7 non-British players in his squad, 4 if you exclude the Irish players. He wants to play an old school British style as a way of punching well above Burnley’s weight so signs players from those kind of football cultures generally.

No issue if you hate his style but he just sees it as a way of levelling up the playing field against the big boys.

I do feel it’s rank hypocrisy for United fans to complain about rough treatment of our players when our most venerated manager would deploy the same tactics when it suited.

That video brings back memories! Thanks for posting. Imagine if we had VAR then, surely there would be so many reds!

Rodgerzzz

Dyche always goes on about needing to find a way to survive in the Premier League, which in all fairness he has done but they've evolved from a team of hardworking, dogged players that people admired into a group of cynical, dirty thugs. Through Dyche's unwillingness to adapt and entrench this culture more and more, you fear they're verging on becoming a meme, much like Stoke did before them.

You look at a team like Sheffield United under Wilder who embrace the dogged side of the game and on paper should be of a similar mould to Burnley under Dyche. Yet Sheff Utd have also embraced a progressive way of playing that works alongside that determination and so far (the fact they've just been promoted maybe helps them in this regard) they've proven to be a difficult team to play against. Dyche seems incapable of doing that and although Burnley are a tough team to play it's all through brutish physicality. Eventually you'd expect them to really get found out.

cyberman

This doesnt wash with me. They have been an established EPL side fot a while now with multiple top half finishes in the richest league in the world. They are not worse off than theircomparitive rivals in the league and even then they rarely get a point all season against the big sides above them.
So what does his shithousery do? Kick similar size clubs off the pitch who are trying to play football. Its literally all they do.
Little old Burnley doesn't apply here.

Lentwood

I thought they were really poor yesterday. There’s a big difference between an effective long ball strategy and just hoofing it miles every time you get on the ball

Burnley moved the ball forward far too quickly and far too “long” for their own good yesterday. They didn’t seem to have any kind of thought about building a platform for an attack so the ball just kept coming straight back at them

Have to say their short passing was also woeful though so you can see why they don’t do too much of it!

Classical Mechanic

This doesnt wash with me. They have been an established EPL side fot a while now with multiple top half finishes in the richest league in the world. They are not worse off than theircomparitive rivals in the league and even then they rarely get a point all season against the big sides above them.
So what does his shithousery do? Kick similar size clubs off the pitch who are trying to play football. Its literally all they do.
Little old Burnley doesn't apply here.
They concede 11.7 fouls a game which puts them second in the league but then the team in 8th position in fouls committed is Sheffield Utd with 11.2 so they’re not profoundly more dirty than most sides in the league. They’re actually 10th in the league for cards given whilst United are 4th. They average 1.8 cards per game so last night was more of a dirty game than they usually play with 4 cards.

cyberman

They concede 11.7 fouls a game which puts them second in the league but then the team in 8th position in fouls committed is Sheffield Utd with 11.2 so they’re not profoundly more dirty than most sides in the league. They’re actually 10th in the league for cards given whilst United are 4th. They average 1.8 cards per game so last night was more of a dirty game than they usually play with 5 cards.
Its not just dirty, its style as well. Its a combination of all round muck football.

Josep Dowling

Waste of a PL place

I do wonder if they may try and change their style like Bolton and Stoke did (Burnley that is not Dyche obviously)
Give it 3 years and it’s bound to happen, only for them to get relegated in less than 2 seasons. It’s shite football but Burnley are at the very peak their club can achieve.

Classical Mechanic

Its not just dirty, its style as well. Its a combination of all round muck football.
I don’t disagree that their style is shite. The true test is that I have zero interest in watching them play ever.

It would be better to have Biesla and Leeds in the league but I don’t begrudge small clubs finding a way to compete. They do have bigger turnover now but have the 2nd lowest net spend in the league over the past 5 years because their owners don't want to risk the stability of the club if things go tits up. Southampton have the lowest net spend but obviously helped through big tickets sales like VVD.

Kostur

海尔的老板
It always staggers me how brainwashed you have to be to meddle politics into football and come up with such hilariously stupid conclusions.

arthurka

Burnley play as they are allowed to. Any blame should fall squarely on the refs that enable it.
Agree, Dyche is doing a fantastic job at Burnley within the budget they have. The ref officiates the games and they play to those rules that isn't on Dyche.

AndersB

To be fair, he supports Spurs, who are probably their main rivals at dark arts in the PL, so could have hit a nerve

CHKBC

I don't buy the excuse that Burnley being at a financial disadvantage is forcing them to resort to thuggish football - look at Bournemouth and Sheffield United who plays good football with restraints on financial resources and Brentford in a league below. It should also be noted that they did play a mix of styles and tactics during their 7th place finish two seasons ago and Defour was instrumental during that season by releasing early and accurate passes to their forward players. Defour may have a poor fitness record but he was still their most skillful player and sorely missed in midfield. I would say Burnley has regressed since the heights of that Europa League qualification season and a combination of under investment and Dyche's lack of adventure in both tactics and unwillingness to purchase foreign players (better value for money in general) has gotten the club to where it is now. They may very well survive this season but let's hope they get relegated soon enough.

Last edited:

CHKBC

It always staggers me how brainwashed you have to be to meddle politics into football and come up with such hilariously stupid conclusions.
Read my words properly. I wrote "make him out to be a football version of an ultra nationalist ". An appearance to be so. Not necessarily a fact. Absolutely nothing to do with politics. Knock that into that thick skull of yours.

Raven

I quite like Dyche and I admire his Burnley team in what they've achieved over the last few seasons. Most teams in the league are cynical as feck at this stage, with City and Spurs being the biggest culprits as far as I'm concerned.

Djemba-Djemba

There were plenty of moments yesterday where there were obvious passes on which would have caused us trouble and instead they just smashed it long to nobody.

They were awful.

Classical Mechanic

I don't buy the excuse that Burnley being at a financial disadvantage is forcing them to resort to thuggish football - look at Bournemouth and Sheffield United who plays good football with restraints on financial resources and Brentford in a league below. It should also be noted that they did play a mix of styles and tactics during their 7th place finish two seasons ago and Defour was instrumental during that season by releasing early and accurate passes to their forward players. Defour may have a poor fitness record but he was still their most skillful player and sorely missed in midfield. I would say Burnley has regressed since the heights of that Europa League qualification season and a combination of under investment and Dyche's lack of adventure in both tactics and unwillingness to purchase foreign players (better value for money in general) has gotten the club to where it is now. They may very well survive this season but let's hope they get relegated soon enough.
They don’t resort to thuggish football. I feel that’s another misrepresentation on your part. They are 10th in the league for cards this season and average 1.8 yellows a game. They are near the top in fouls but roughly the same as about 7 other sides and behind Everton at the top. Spurs have the most cards in the league but are 14th in fouls committed so that suggest that they’re the ones putting thuggish tackles in. The likes of Wolves commit as many fouls as Burnley but get more cards.

The season that they got in the Europa League was defined by Nick Pope.They conceded 13 less goals than expected mostly due to an outstanding display of shot stopping from him. The seasons since they’ve reverted closer to the mean in xG and have fallen down the table. It was a freak season for them.

Defour played 24 games of 38 that season but then was injured a lot in the next season. He left of his own accord for ‘family reasons’ he wanted to return to Belgium. Dyche wanted him to stay.