Sean Dyche

ti vu

Considering they went on a run of 11 without a win, it is a remarkable achievement
Arsenal lost 11 games so far while drew 6 games. So 6 points in 17 games. Avoiding as much defeat in that winless run still helps you to catching up with that Arsenal team

They're 2 points behind Arsenal man, completely underrating them there.
It's the mentality when playing in the competition that matters. Not your league standing in the previous season.

What I mean is in a scenario when Burnely has to fight for survival next season. There is huge possibility they would try to focus on PL for the money as unlikely they would strengthen the squad enough to go far in EL. Everton was in more comfortable for years to boost. See what happened this season when they were in the dog fight to avoid relegation even after spent a lot.

Last edited:

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Fantastic manager I think - finally getting the recognition he deserves this season. The best young English manager by a distance.

Hughie77

manager of the year if he gets into Europe. Top guy and will have a chance of a bigger club, but will he take it.

St Red

KRAP
The sooner his team of cloggers are out of the league the better.
Plus he sports a goatee, a fecking ginger one at that.

luke511

Burnley need a major revamp, the players have become a very uninspiring bunch.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Decent manager who knows what he is doing, respect him a lot. Organised, hardworking and doing it on a pittance, he can’t do it forever.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
They are in their first proper relegation fight and I'm not sure they have the quality. Their squad has remained fairly static for almost 4 years now. Players like Vokes, Barnes, Bardsley etc have been around for ages.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
Can't stand the fecker and his crusade against 'cheating' in the modern game. His thugs were putting in late challenges on our players and nailed beautiful Joe Gomez for six weeks with a leg fracture.

haram

The work he has done is good but surely there should have been steps to gradually evolve the team...

haram

Yea but when you come into the Prem with a barricading attitude, short of investing heavy sums it is very difficult to transition. And Burnley have been penny pinching since the moment they came up.
Which is a fair point, but everything has gone stale and it does not look like it's going to change.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
You would think building your tactics entirely around standing in front of opposition shots would backfire sooner than it did.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Dyche gives the most piss and vinegar post match interviews in the league and plays violent negative football.

Other than that he's grand though.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Surely Howe has shown you don't need to play shit on a stick football to stay in the PL on a smaller budget. I dislike the idea that the only way for teams like Burnley to stay in the league is to play how they do.

steakpie

I don't really like him - he is quite brash - but to be fair, it is Burnley and he is over achieving. The style of football is poor.

On a side note, why does he have 4 senior goalkeepers. 3 England international keepers - Hart, Pope and Heaton. Also have Lindegaard (who just signed an extension). Bizarre

RochaRoja

They were one of the luckiest teams I’ve ever seen last season. So many games the opposition battered them and miss sitters only for them to grab a jammy goal from a set piece.

Would love for them, their archaic football and “proper football man” manager to go back to the Championship and stay there.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Will never be picked by a top club, watched the game yesterday and Burnley were so anti-football in their approach it was incredible. How Ashley Barnes wasn't sent off for starting three fights is beyond me.

Somewhere like leicester is probably his limit. Maybe England will feel his tactics will be effective at international level.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
The work he has done is good but surely there should have been steps to gradually evolve the team...
They just play an old fashioned 4-4-2 with touchline hugging wingers. It reminds me a lot of how MON played when he managed us.

Guess he thinks if they go away from that they'll go down but could easily happen this season.

Defour is one of the few creative midfielders they've signed but he's been injured lots in last year.

Bola

I wouldn't be sorry to see Burnley go down. Dull as dishwater tactics and the only interesting thing about them, is a 5 min MOTD segment where they upset a bigger team

The sooner we have the boring defensive teams out of the Prem the better. Thankfully we no longer have Pullis, Big Sam or Mourinio stinking the place up with defensive tactics

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Typical elitist response, how the feck can Burnley revamp themselves? Serioulsy.
Maybe by trying to play football, and not have their strikers kick lumps out of better players.

Tiber

Maybe by trying to play football, and not have their strikers kick lumps out of better players.
Yea the post-Pulis (and his effective but ugly football) era has sure been a great success for Stoke. Wonder how fans are enjoying being a mid table championship side?

Burnley do what they must to win with very limited resources. That should be respected, not sneered at

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Yea the post-Pulis (and his effective but ugly football) era has sure been a great success for Stoke. Wonder how fans are enjoying being a mid table championship side?
They replaced Tony Pulis with Mark Hughes. Hardly went for total football.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Burnley do what they must to win with very limited resources. That should be respected, not sneered at
They finished 9th in the three seasons after Pulis. Mark Hughes just stayed too long and their 11 stagnated which seems to be happening at Burnley now.

Kag

Sean Dyche has done a remarkably good job at Burnley. It’s easy to support United (with their millions) and criticise what Burnley do to stay in the division. They punch so far above their own weight, especially when you consider the money spent in the Championship these days, never mind the Premier League.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Dyche is an excellent coach. Makes all kinds of defenders and keepers look much better than they are. They might not play the best football but he hardly spends any money and the majority of his transfers come off which can't always be said for the more "stylish" bottom half type teams such as Southampton, Fulham, Bournemouth, West Ham and Wolves even. Much rather watch Burnley than Southampton, at least they scrap it out with the big teams and put up a fight.

Cockney Phil

Given the limitations facing smaller club managers he’s doing an excellent job with minimal means. The problem for him is the preference given to foreign managers, he will always be channelled to that kind of club. Stevie Bruce had much the same experience. Given the opportunity I think Dyche could do very well with a top club.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Given the limitations facing smaller club managers he’s doing an excellent job with minimal means. The problem for him is the preference given to foreign managers, he will always be channelled to that kind of club. Stevie Bruce had much the same experience. Given the opportunity I think Dyche could do very well with a top club.
He will be channelled there because he doesn't play the kind of progressive football expected at major clubs.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Can't stand the fecker and his crusade against 'cheating' in the modern game. His thugs were putting in late challenges on our players and nailed beautiful Joe Gomez for six weeks with a leg fracture.
Yeh, because Liverpool players never make bad challenges.

Not every team can be fortunate enough to have the budget to just go out and assemble a team to play sexy football.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
I don't really like him - he is quite brash - but to be fair, it is Burnley and he is over achieving. The style of football is poor.

On a side note, why does he have 4 senior goalkeepers. 3 England international keepers - Hart, Pope and Heaton. Also have Lindegaard (who just signed an extension). Bizarre
Heaton was injured at the start of the season and Pope has played his first game (U23) just a few days ago since his injury against Aberdeen in July.
Is that so.... SEAN??? :cool:
:lol:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Kick lumps.... don’t be so dramatic. They are a physical team yes, there is nothing wrong with that, if they try to “Play football” against better teams they won’t survive. Look at Fulham, to be honest I thought they were hard done by yesterday.

steakpie

Heaton was injured at the start of the season and Pope has played his first game (U23) just a few days ago since his injury against Aberdeen in July.
Do you not think having 4 senior goalkeepers is excessive and inefficient..for Burnley?

Last edited by a moderator: