Sean Dyche

Moiraine

Pathetic Loser, his team is full of bullies and extra physical. Should have seen a lot more bookings in the match.

Needham

Pathetic Loser, his team is full of bullies and extra physical. Should have seen a lot more bookings in the match.
Wrong. This new incarnation of Arsenal is ridden with sly violence and gamesmanship. Sokratis was on a constant wind up and should have seen red, the little Uruguayan has issues, we all know about Mustafi etc. The ref was a homer and yes Arsenal were diving all over the shop.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Do you not think having 4 senior goalkeepers is excessive and inefficient..for Burnley?
Pope is available for first-team action just in a couple of weeks, Heaton had few injuries in the last 15 months and with a possible Europa League campaign....hmmhhh i would say it was the right decision......but now in January they should sell Heaton and bring in a very good attacking player.

RochaRoja

Sean Dyche has done a remarkably good job at Burnley. It’s easy to support United (with their millions) and criticise what Burnley do to stay in the division. They punch so far above their own weight, especially when you consider the money spent in the Championship these days, never mind the Premier League.
Burnley is one of the richest clubs in the world.

And plenty of smaller clubs in the Premier League seem to be doing just fine without resorting to anti-football.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Burnley is one of the richest clubs in the world.

And plenty of smaller clubs in the Premier League seem to be doing just fine without resorting to anti-football.
They are 72nd or something.... I wouldn’t call them one of the richest and so far their hasn’t been much investment.

I hate when other fans teams tell other clubs how they should play football.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
They are 72nd or something.... I wouldn’t call them one of the richest and so far their hasn’t been much investment.

I hate when other fans teams tell other clubs how they should play football.
TIL, headlocking and stomping on a player's chest is football. Some of the stuff they're pulling would make Pulis proud...

Rajma

Would love nothing more than Burnley relegated, small minded borderline racist club and fanbase.

Alabaster Codify7

I was never sold on Dyche. Just another Big Sam type British manager - he may well over-achieve for one season or something and finish way higher than he should, but the rest of the time he'll be placing exactly where he should be in the table. Burnley are a horrible team as well, one of my least favourites in the PL.

POF

TIL, headlocking and stomping on a player's chest is football. Some of the stuff they're pulling would make Pulis proud...
Ah, Arsenal fans. Don't ever change!!!

I presume you mean where Barnes put his foot on the ball trying to rake it out. It was hardly a stomp. Sokratis' elbow was actually the instigator in the "headlock" incident.

Fair play to Burnley, they play to their strengths. Arsenal play to their strengths of having £150m of strikers in their front 2 and another £100m+ of talent behind them in midfield.

I can't understand why Burnley with their Championship signings and Premier league journeymen can't play them off the pitch . . . . .

awop

Supports
Arsenal

I presume you mean where Barnes put his foot on the ball trying to rake it out. It was hardly a stomp. Sokratis' elbow was actually the instigator in the "headlock" incident.

Fair play to Burnley, they play to their strengths. Arsenal play to their strengths of having £150m of strikers in their front 2 and another £100m+ of talent behind them in midfield.

I can't understand why Burnley with their Championship signings and Premier league journeymen can't play them off the pitch . . . . .
Watch the replay, there is no elbow, unless you mean a previous incident ? Fair play to Burnley, why change their way, no VAR in the Championship, they will be good to go.

POF

Watch the replay, there is no elbow, unless you mean a previous incident ? Fair play to Burnley, why change their way, no VAR in the Championship, they will be good to go.
If there was VAR, the only difference would have been a more nervous finish with Arsenal's third goal being disallowed for offside.

This excuse culture is part of the reason why Arsenal have won bugger all over the last decade. While Arsenal complain about the style employed by Burnley, Stoke or Bolton, the top teams just beat them and don't care.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Taking Burnley down for a second time. Great. He’ll not be a Premier League manager for long, I expect to see him managing Shitsville FC at some point.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
If there was VAR, the only difference would have been a more nervous finish with Arsenal's third goal being disallowed for offside.

This excuse culture is part of the reason why Arsenal have won bugger all over the last decade. While Arsenal complain about the style employed by Burnley, Stoke or Bolton, the top teams just beat them and don't care.
Ha I watched it and Barnes should've been sent off first half. Started about 3 brawls. So he wouldn't have been on the pitch to score at 2-0.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
Right, carry on Mauricio Dyche. Merry Christmas !

POF

Ha I watched it and Barnes should've been sent off first half. Started about 3 brawls. So he wouldn't have been on the pitch to score at 2-0.
You need more than one person to start a brawl. At least one from each side.

Must have been Barnes and Ryan Shawcross.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa

Apart from Liverpool just the other week.....:lol:

Dyche's done an excellent job but his limited style means no top club would ever go for him. Could still get the England job in next 10 years I guess.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal

Southampton beat us without kicking the shit out of our players. The same for Leicester against Chelsea. And Palace against City. Why do people act as if the only way teams like Burnley (and Stoke under Pulis) can get results is if they play shite, overly aggressive football?

POF

Southampton beat us without kicking the shit out of our players. The same for Leicester against Chelsea. And Palace against City. Why do people act as if the only way teams like Burnley (and Stoke under Pulis) can get results is if they play shite, overly aggressive football?
Because odd as it may seem, Southampton, Leicester and Palace aren't the same team as Burnley and Stoke (under Pulis). Each is more successful when playing to their strengths. If you have Zaha and Townsend up front, you should play a different style to a team with Vokes, Wood and Barnes.

The real question is why do teams complain about an opposition's style of play which, as long as it's within the laws of the game, is their prerogative?

Having teams with different styles makes the achievement of being champions more impressive. It also makes the league more entertaining, if for nothing else hearing Arsenal fans crying because the other team are too rough.

awop

Supports
Arsenal
The real question is why do teams complain about an opposition's style of play which, as long as it's within the laws of the game, is their prerogative?
Ooohh hold on ! You might be close to something here.

RochaRoja

Because odd as it may seem, Southampton, Leicester and Palace aren't the same team as Burnley and Stoke (under Pulis). Each is more successful when playing to their strengths. If you have Zaha and Townsend up front, you should play a different style to a team with Vokes, Wood and Barnes.
All of whom were signed by Dyche so there's no excuse there. He could've gone and tried to sign a different kind of striker who wasn't a throwback target man when he already had Barnes and Vokes, but decided to buy another one in Wood. It's a laughable lack of imagination.

Austin, Ings and Long are hardly the three Rs either.

AlwaysRed66

Dyche & Burnley are very reminiscent of what happened to George Burley & Ipswich Town nearly 20 years ago, when against all expectations they qualified for UEFA Cup, then following season were relegated. Burley was sacked the following season, & Ipswich have been in the Championship ever since. Probably not after this season, when they can investigate the wonders of League one. Couldn't happen to a better side than to see Dyche/Burnley & their anti football go down. Hopefully taking two of Huddersfield, Cardiff, & Newcastle with them. Pity all four couldn't go down.

Bojan11

I hope him, Barnes, Bardsley and Heaton end up in the championship. Sack of cnuts.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I hope him, Barnes, Bardsley and Heaton end up in the championship. Sack of cnuts.
I'd be furious if I was Sean Dyche after watching that performance.

But at least they see us as enough of a threat to raise their game.

Ralaks

Laughable how he complains about the 5 minutes, they likely time wasted more than that even during the original 90 minutes. He moved McNeil to the other side of the pitch before subbing him off to waste more time.

Really have no respect for tactics and whining like that. Barnes too, what a hypocritical bastard.

red_de_pologne

Laughable how he complains about the 5 minutes, they likely time wasted more than that even during the original 90 minutes. He moved McNeil to the other side of the pitch before subbing him off to waste more time.

Really have no respect for tactics and whining like that. Barnes too, what a hypocritical bastard.
this and complaining about the pen

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I really do not know how he has had success with this style. You would not think that having the opposing team take as much shots as possible would be a viable strategy.

beedoubleyou

They defended brilliantly, not for one second did I think they deserved a win, and two nil seemed especially cruel, but cannot argue with a draw.

I've seen United players worth more than Turf Moore running it into the corners in injury time, so we can hardly feel bitter about time wasting.

Beagle

I really do not know how he has had success with this style. You would not think that having the opposing team take as much shots as possible would be a viable strategy.
Well they did almost beat the most in form team in the country away from home. Not too hard to imagine how he's had success playing the way they do.