Other Sean Lock has passed away

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
That's really sad news. I'm not a big panel show watcher but he was always very funny whenever I caught him on one, his stand up from what I've seen was good too and no one he met seems to have a single bad thing to say, which is quite rare. RIP.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Gutted to hear this news. RIP Sean. Amazing talent and undefeated at carrot in a box ( I think!)

CM

I was gutted when I saw the news this morning. Sean Lock is one of the few comics whose style didn't get old or tired. So sad and way too young.

0le

I am shocked by the news. I had read people say that he had looked a bit ill in some episodes of 8 out of 10 cats but I thought that this was just people reading too much into things. Great comedian. RIP :(

markhughes

It's sad to see such a great comedian go way too early, its such an amazing gift to be able to make people laugh and the beauty of art in general is that your work can still touch people (or make people laugh) after you are gone, a kind of immortality. Will miss the fella.

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Spent a lot of time today watching clips I’ve seen a hundred times before, and reading all the tributes.

A celebrity death that has actually made me very sad. He’s responsible for so many iconic panel show moments, what a legend.

RIP

Nico87

One of the best comedians of the past couple of decades. Did a sensational sequel to the classic children’s book “The tiger that came for dinner” called “the tiger that went for a pint”.

big rons sovereign

He was great doing the commentary on those world cup compilations on been 3. Top ten groundy rolly goals etc.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Echo what others have said. Really saddened by this one and was a go to to cheer myself up on YouTube after a long day. He helped make numerous pandemic days easier.

RIP and thanks for all the laughs.

Roane

Sad news. As someone who watched him regularly on cats I had noticed he looked ill for a while. I had even tried to research if he was ok but didn't really get any information.

He looked quite rough in some shows and his voice was so different at times. Still funny to the end says a lot about the man to be going through that but continue to entertain us.

Ralaks

Absolute legend.

Found him mainly through youtube clips of 8 out of 10 cats does countdown, think I watched all episodes in a very short time frame afterwards. Always a goto if I am feeling down or depressed. Spend the whole evening just watching random clips, such a great entertainer

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Didn’t recognize the name when I was scrolling through threads and then saw the picture on my FB feed. Really liked him, he was certainly one of the better British comedians out there. Only 58 as well :(

diarm

Bloke was ridiculously funny, 8 out of 10 cats won't be the same without him for sure.
I'm not sure they should even keep it going without him. Joe Wilkinson was good and it's always nice to look at Rachel Riley, but Sean Lock was 8 out of 10 Cats. The rapport he'd strike with other comedians (Miles Jupp, Roisin Conaty and Rhod Gilbert off the top of my head) was brilliant. He wasn't just funny on his own, he made the people around him funnier too.

diarm

Just reading this thread and wondering if there's a more universally liked comedian. We all seem in total agreement that he was both likeable and extremely funny. Comedians usually polarise opinion
Bob Mortimer maybe? There are very few who would be as universally popular.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I'm not sure they should even keep it going without him. Joe Wilkinson was good and it's always nice to look at Rachel Riley, but Sean Lock was 8 out of 10 Cats. The rapport he'd strike with other comedians (Miles Jupp, Roisin Conaty and Rhod Gilbert off the top of my head) was brilliant. He wasn't just funny on his own, he made the people around him funnier too.
I think they've got enough other great comedians on there to keep going and I hope they do as it's always a bit of fun. However, like you said, he had a great rapport with everyone and nothing was ever forced with him. No matter his partner, he got on like a house on fire.

Everyone could bounce off him too, he really was great for those type of shows.

Amarsdd

wtf! this came out of nowhere. Loved him whenever he was on any of the panel shows and was hoping he'd be doing Taskmaster soon as well. RIP