Sean Longstaff

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I honestly didnt think we wanted him.

Seemed like we were linked to him and our fans panicked.

Literally was a name mentioned during one week.

jetlee

What happened to this guy? I see that he is not even making the first XI for Newcastle.
To be honest I'm thankful that in the end we've not paid the money for him. Was it something like 40-50 million?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I have personally spoken about, even made threads on I think, the likes of Jack Colback, Tom Carroll and Sam Clucas in the past
Note to self: Rozay doesn't know what he's talking about.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
What happened to this guy? I see that he is not even making the first XI for Newcastle.
To be honest I'm thankful that in the end we've not paid the money for him. Was it something like 40-50 million?
He's an Everton target appartently. Might get a move before the windows out.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Proper sliding doors moment for him!

Yep, 50 millon Newcastle wanted, thank god they didn't back down :lol:

Not sure whether he's struggled with injury or he's just not good enough (more likely) I never really knew why we targeted him. It seems Ole liked his running ability but thankfully Fred came good.

GlasgowCeltic

Think he'd admitted he'd had his head turned a bit by the Utd rumours, think he's probably shite regardless though

prateik

I don't think we were ever going to pay 50m.. the initial stories valued him at around 20m.. was a no go after that.

Giggsy13

Thank goodness we had the good sense to walk away after Newcastle’s ridiculous demands.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I think we were prepared to pay 30 but they wanted 50, apparently Carrick liked him. Thank God for Ashley's greed because even at 30 we would have been robbed. One of the most vanilla players you are ever likely to watch, the Geordie Tom Cleverley. Injury prone too.

acolyte

We feckin bought a lad called Bebe, not to mention Dong.
I'll give you Dong though he was obviously bought for commercial reasons which is more than can be said for Longstaff.

Not having Bebe though. He had a good career! He did well at Pacos de Ferreira, enough to earn himself a move to Benfica. Also had a good career in La Liga with Rayo and Eibar. I'd be surprised if Longstaff ever became a Premier League regular at this point.

Gandalf

Haven't heard this. So maybe Benitez sees something in him?
Benitez gave him his debut when he was at Newcastle and he has a lot of the traits he likes, he also has the one trait Everton like post Ancelotti in that he is cheap and worth a punt as his contract is winding down. Rafa has to work on a limited budget for a little while until they can offload James etc. and if Longstaff can rediscover his early promise he could be a decent signing for them and might even generate a little profit down the road if they sell him on.

This was the absolute nadir of our club, being linked with a 50m move for this guy and our fans thinking he might actually be an upgrade on what we've got. He's no better than Pereira and he never was.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I think we were prepared to pay 30 but they wanted 50, apparently Carrick liked him. Thank God for Ashley's greed because even at 30 we would have been robbed. One of the most vanilla players you are ever likely to watch, the Geordie Tom Cleverley. Injury prone too.
12/13 Cleverley was a much better player.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Well I hope not. But what got me more was that some fans on here thought it might be a good buy. Even at 20m he is nowhere near good enough
At 20m he would've been a similar buy to James. A punt on a young player that we hope turns out to be good but is probably a squad player at best. Thank God we didn't buy him though.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I don't see the point when we already have Davies to be our backup English CM.