Votes: 74 38.1%
  • 3th place

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • 4th place trophy

Votes: 22 11.3%

• Total voters

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
7 league titles is quite the achievement, I wouldn't say it is poor. Averages a title every 3 years, which is including his stints as Dutch international manager. If you count his 17 years as club manager it averages out at just over every 2 seasons.

Not bad, not bad at all.
Its not bad but if we dont give him room to improve our team and purely focus on winning titles; i assume we will get fed up similar to how barca & bayern got fed up of his ways. Its important to remember that moyes was here this time last season. I believe the longer we are with van gaal (atleast his 3 yr contract) the better we as a dynasty will become.

Thats my biggest problem with our team is we never have conquered europe year after year like the bayerns, barca's & madrid's and this is why still to these days that we get rejected by players who want to be associated with such dynasties.

LilRicky

Its not bad but if we dont give him room to improve our team and purely focus on winning titles; i assume we will get fed up similar to how barca & bayern got fed up of his ways. Its important to remember that moyes was here this time last season. I believe the longer we are with van gaal (atleast his 3 yr contract) the better we as a dynasty will become.

Thats my biggest problem with our team is we never have conquered europe year after year like the bayerns, barca's & madrid's and this is why still to these days that we get rejected by players who want to be associated with such dynasties.

This transfer window will be a good indication, things are slow at the moment but you never know how it could end. At the moment it doesn't look like we are going to have many new faces to bring on our US Tour other than Depay. Starting to lose a little bit of faith in them having a business done in time.

Well at the end of Fergies reign we did make 3 out of 4 finals between 2008-11, just unfortunate our European success coincided with Barcelona's who just so happened to put together arguably one of the greatest teams of all time.

ottosec

He's done if we don't challenge for the title and have a good showing in the CL. Woody is doing everything he asks, even the ridiculous requests, but that comes with a cost, he must deliver this season.

I was reading that one of our games in the US was moved to a stadium with 45k less seats than the original one, just because it was 50 miles closer to our training base and LVG thought it was not good for the players to travel another 30min. :lol:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He's done if we don't challenge for the title and have a good showing in the CL. Woody is doing everything he asks, even the ridiculous requests, but that comes with a cost, he must deliver this season.

I was reading that one of our games in the US was moved to a stadium with 45k less seats than the original one, just because it was 50 miles closer to our training base and LVG thought it was not good for the players to travel another 30min. :lol:
Is Woody doing everything he asked? He said he wanted transfers to be done early, so far nothing much is happening...

Hypothetical situation: We feck this transfer window up quite badly. Do we have the same expectations for LVG next season? I mean presumably the blame would fall at Woodward's door so surely we'd have to acknowledge that LVG was dropped in it...

ottosec

Is Woody doing everything he asked? He said he wanted transfers to be done early, so far nothing much is happening...

Hypothetical situation: We feck this transfer window up quite badly. Do we have the same expectations for LVG next season? I mean presumably the blame would fall at Woodward's door so surely we'd have to acknowledge that LVG was dropped in it...
You realize that the transfer window has been open for less than 3 days, right?

OldTrevil

progress, in both results and performances
Same idea. I want to see us consistently dominating teams with incisiveness and putting away chances, something similar to our form in March but stretched over 6 to 7 months will be satisfactory. We obviously have to stay in top 4 and ideally do better than 4th spot. Failure for me will be having to revert to that god-awful 352 due to a weak backline or things like playing Rooney in midfield due to lack of balance. Any trophy will be a bonus, and so will a run to the later stages of CL. These are my initial thoughts, I await to see our summer transfers.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
You realize that the transfer window has been open for less than 3 days, right?
Oh I know, that's why I said "so far". It's not like we've only started working on deals in the last three days though, we have yet to see whether Woodward will deliver or not.

R'hllor

I just expect next step towards end goal and thats domination,its not trophy related in any sense.I would like to see start of phase one in youth development,where all youth ranks will be sinked with senior team.

OldTrevil

I expect a genuine title challenge in 2016/17. All hail champions!

Rake

3rd place with 1/4 finals in the CL.

I place a CL run that high because i have the full confidence we can defeat almost any team in the world in 2 games.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
With the current team we will challenge for top 4 but I fully expect us to make improvements this window which will help us make a title challenge.

OldTrevil

So has everyone missed the error in the poll question? This coming season is 2015/16, not 2016/17.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I'd expect the team to at the very least put in a title challenge. I don't think we will win, but we should at least be pushing all the way to the end. After that I'd want to see us at least get into the CL group stage and then make it to the knockout rounds.

pseudo_canadian

I mainly want to see even more progress in our style of play, and as a whole just being more consistent week in, week out.

That, and getting more away wins. Our poor away form really cost us from ending up 2nd or 3rd in the league, we were awful.

Revan

Assumptionman
Last season I said that minimal expectations should be top 4, with everything else as bonus.

This season, I think that minimal expectations should be a decent title challenge and reaching KO of UCL (it won't be easy considering that now we are a pot 3 team, of course assuming that we qualify for group stage). I don't expect us to win the title, but we should be able to fight for it.

Crashoutcassius

I dn't think ill be setting LVG some pointless position goal. Like last season we got a few more points than moyes and finished in 4th. Position goals are pointless because last season was such an easier season, this season could be really tough again. I think we should just use our brains to evaluate. Is the football good, are we better than last season, are we improving vs the weak sides and still battering the big teams

markhrad

My expectations are low. I just hope that we will maintain a top 4 position. I don't see us winning anything with Rooney as our main man. If his role is not diminished I am prepared to wait out his contract before my expectations rise again.

Lentwood

If we could just recreate the kind of form we showed in that run against Spurs at home, Liverpool away, City at home, Chelsea away consistently across a 38 game season I would be happy with that regardless of where we eventually finish (assuming that would be good enough to at least get us into the top 4)

A trophy would be nice, mainly because its been a while since I've been to Wembley with Utd

Member 5225

I reckon we'll inch forward very slightly IMHO...
He'll start building a decent side...some solid foundations...and again the year after, then we'll get in a manager like Pep and he'll start winning things again.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Teams have had players lined up for months like we did with Depay so I don't get why people keep saying this.
I agree, only imbeciles keep quoting the transfer window. As if everything shuts, and no one even thinks about the next season until July 1st.

These people are right up there with the "it's only June" buffoons, and the "we have until the last day in August" bums.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So has everyone missed the error in the poll question? This coming season is 2015/16, not 2016/17.
Unless they're meaning where we will come in his 3rd season? We might well have a title battle that year.

But this year, unless we really do some good transfer work, top 3 is max.

Roman Bellic

Prick
League - 1st -3rd(m), finish above Arsenal
FA Cup - Quarter finals(m), avoid being eliminated like clowns.
League cup - Semi finals(m)
CL - Quarter finals (m), only lose to Barca,Real or Bayern

(m) - Absolute Minimum.

Blodssvik

4th or 5th if we lose DDG. Need replacement here as soon as possible if we are to do without him. It's not like the new guy will get a lot of help from a strong and settled defence initially.

psychdelicblues

Van Gaals wishes>'commercial considerations.'

Mister Ed

In terms of results

Critcal:
BPL
-80 points ore more and challenge for the title
- Qualify for CL football preferably direct (top 3 but 4th is acceptable)

Important:
CL
-Quarter finals or further

Would be nice:
Cup
-Win a cup (FA or league)

In terms of the team
-Clear formation and starting eleven
-Clear playing style that is also appealing to the fans
-Key players signed down on long term deals

Mister Ed

4th or 5th if we lose DDG. Need replacement here as soon as possible if we are to do without him. It's not like the new guy will get a lot of help from a strong and settled defence initially.
f off I'd be bloody pissed if that would be deemed acceptable

That is no progress whatsoever !

It has been 2 years we are missing from the top, this year was a freeby because he was new and had alot of issues to sort out with the team. But after £150m investment and this year another £150m investment, ending 4th let alone 5th is not bloody acceptable...

DDG or no DDG shouldn't make a damn difference, get a good replacement and if he thinks the defence is not good enough then sort it out.

OldTrevil

Unless they're meaning where we will come in his 3rd season? We might well have a title battle that year.

But this year, unless we really do some good transfer work, top 3 is max.
Good point. I changed my vote from 2nd to 1st. Yay!
Exactly! This coming season I mainly expect improvement in performance like I said earlier, and then 3rd place when you talk about position. The expectation for 2016/17 however has to be the title no question.

The poll question is definitely not consistent with that of the main argument of the thread.

Trizy

If we play better than last season and figure a way to break down bad teams who park the bus we'll win the league.

We were dominant against the top 5 this season and when pushing for the title those fixtures are key.

RooneyLegend

Win the title. If we sign some of the players we're linked with then we'd have a team good enough to win it all.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Erm yeah nothing less than the treble now :keano:

No seriously the three additions we've made this weekend along with the inevitable CB (be it Ramos or Otamendi) coupled with our rivals so far not doing a lot puts us as very strong contenders now for next seasons PL

NessunDorma

In with a realistic shout of the title with 10 games to go.
A domestic cup final.
Quarter-finals of the CL.