Semi Finals: Argentina vs Croatia | Eng... France vs Morocco

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
If Croatia had someome better than Kramaric, i would fancy then to get into the final.

They miss Mandzukic so much, and also a younger Perisic.

Well 3.8 million population, can't have it all though.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Argentina deserves it. Too many errors by Croatia. I can see them scoring a couple more as Croatians get desperate

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
The bias for Argentina is unbelievable.
Firstly the opposing keeper is not allowed to do a honest take down on the striker and then fifa activated the ball magnets thingys to keep it stuck to Alvarez' chest.
Complete shocker

Sylar

How the feck did Brazil lose to Croatia. Were they just massively overrated after rinsing a moronically naive Korea side?
Croatia defended better than this. In fact they've attacked more today and both goals came from them trying to attack

Against Brazil they maybe had one :lol:

Zen

What rule is that
That if you get to the ball first and then the keeper has charged out (with the intent of getting to the ball first too/potential quick save instead) and blocked the attacker, it's going to be a pen. If Alvarez clearly shoots that for instance and it's saved and then followed up with the block = no foul. Alvarez played it around or at least showed that intent for the pure intention of winning the penalty.

Ralaks

Are you aware there's a 3rd place match the day before? The difference is non-existent.
Heh, actually forgot yeah, likely given it is very irrelevant but you got a point. I mean one days less rest for Martinez :wenger:

RG 11

I don't think it's really hate but they're boring. They don't trouble the keeper and don't score goals.

And they’ve been crap this game. Robbing us of what could have been a great Brazil Arg semi

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
I have full respect for the Croatian midfielder's skills, especially in press-resistant, but they lack the quality of strikers/forwards.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
For the posters cheering Argentina - remember them going to the final means longer rest to Martinez and more time with Maguire and Lindelof.
Mate, the moment they beat tge Dutch they would get an extra game, be it final or 3rd/4th

He is also more likely to start the latter

And he will be happier if he wins the damned thing

Licha all the way, choo choo choo

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I haven't been following the thread so apologies if it's been touched on already but does anyone else think the Gvardiol handball was a good case for a penalty?

His arm is tight against his body, yes but he deliberately used it to block the shot. 100% hand to ball which I'm guessing negates the whole 'natural position/tight against the body' thing?

RedDevilRoshi

Even though 2-0 is never a game over scoreline, I just think it is here. Croatia have had all the possession but literally down nothing with it as seem to struggle to break down that Argentina rearguard.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I do have a lot of admiration for Croatia but it is a shame their deflected only shot on target robbed us of a Brazil - Argentina semi. That would have been sensational.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Definitely wasn't boring! Still not writing Croatia out of it, think if they get one back anything can happen.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
If Croatia had someome better than Kramaric, i would fancy then to get into the final.

They miss Mandzukic so much, and also a younger Perisic too.

Well 3.8 million population, can't have it all though

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

They miss Mandzukic so much, and also a younger Perisic too.

Well 3.8 million population, can't have it all though
His sending off killed the game

evil_geko

For the posters cheering Argentina - remember them going to the final means longer rest to Martinez and more time with Maguire and Lindelof.
Martinez winning WC would be much better for his mentality than a bit more rest.

fallengt

I'm hoping for a comeback but Croatia leaking goals everywhere.
No chance

RopersReturn

Croatia thought they could play their long distance game again, but without any out & out striker have come unstuck against a skilful more attack minded side.

Argentina deserve to go through unless there’s a radical change of plan from the Croatian coach.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Argentina are so bang average. France may as well play the final with the 3rd star on their shirts.
Did you not see how pathetically the French defended against England? Upmeacano looked like an amateur

mono-math

There are other variables at play such as the approach taken by the penalty taker and strength of shot, absolutely. The whole point of that model is to point out that on another day the Japan goalkeeper could have guessed the right way each time and those penalties would have had a higher chance of being saved simply because of placement. Considering that we are now deep in the latter stages and teams that go far in World Cups tend to have very good goalkeepers, if the situation entails Croatia will want to replicate those Brazil shootout penalties instead of their earlier one.
My point is, with the stuttered run up, if the keeper doesn't commit early, the taker doesn't shoot in the same way (they may well blast it instead). So the analysis, in that context, is completely redundant.

DickDastardly

2-3 Croatia, you read it here first.

Petković and Livaja instead of Kramarić and Pašalić.

Then Oršić comes in and scores the winner

Sylar

I haven't been following the thread so apologies if it's been touched on already but does anyone else think the Gvardiol handball was a good case for a penalty?

His arm is tight against his body, yes but he deliberately used it to block the shot. 100% hand to ball which I'm guessing negates the whole 'natural position/tight against the body' thing?
Yes, mentioned it when it happened. Surprised ref wasn't asked to look at it

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Of course these pricks bend over for Argentina days after playing the game of their lives against Brazil

Flying high

Yeah he certainly seemed to lean into it.

VAR would probably have given it had the score not already been 2-0.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Expected performance from Croatia. Nothing special and boring. Hope they do something in the second half to make the game more interesting.