Semi Finals: Argentina vs Croatia | Eng... France vs Morocco

Dazzmondo

I have full respect for the Croatian midfielder's skills, especially in press-resistant, but they lack the quality of strikers/forwards.
Ya that's the problem for them. Their midfield has been consistently execellent throughout the World Cup but they've consistently had no option to aim for up front. Looks like it's going to cost them.

kaku06

Vulgarian
For the posters cheering Argentina - remember them going to the final means longer rest to Martinez and more time with Maguire and Lindelof.
If anyone needs reminding, it’s you mate.

mav_9me

I feel like the most important attacking attribute for a good team is runners in behind.

Antarion

Argentina makes for a more interesting final imo (I'm kinda neutral)

Sylar

What are Neville, Wright and Keane talking about? :lol:

Crazy Walton has to correct them

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I haven't been following the thread so apologies if it's been touched on already but does anyone else think the Gvardiol handball was a good case for a penalty?

His arm is tight against his body, yes but he deliberately used it to block the shot. 100% hand to ball which I'm guessing negates the whole 'natural position/tight against the body' thing?
Yes in my opinion he places his arm against his body and then moves his complete body so that the arm blocks the shot.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
If you foul a player in the box a penalty is given.
Hot take.

It's almost like when Alvarez played the ball past the keeper, and the keeper put this leg out to stop him that he stopped his running path and it was a foul.

And it's almost like the ball was still in play, even if a player cleared it off the line it could have still gone to Alvarez, thus it was a foul.

If the keeper doesn't get the ball its a foul IMO

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Peter Walton is correct. Win the ball for fecks sake.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
He totally sticks his leg out. Definitely a pen. Neville saying he’s standing his ground is wrong.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
:lol: At them trying to argue with Walton.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Peter Walton try not to blindly defend the referees challenge [IMPOSSIBLE]

Kopral Jono

We saw Croatia simultaneously playing their best and worst football this tournament in that first half.

IFC 1905

I haven't been following the thread so apologies if it's been touched on already but does anyone else think the Gvardiol handball was a good case for a penalty?

His arm is tight against his body, yes but he deliberately used it to block the shot. 100% hand to ball which I'm guessing negates the whole 'natural position/tight against the body' thing?
Thank god they didn't give us that peno. IT's a 50/50 I'd say.

but I don't want it, everyone will start talking shit

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
What are they on about? He tries to save the shot, doesn't and clatters into the player. It's a clear penalty.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
This is why var is never going to work. Football is still massively subjective, even with black and white rules.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Will Messi get the assist for the 2nd?

RepardReece

So these pundits are basically saying if a player goes for a tackle, misses the ball and makes contact with the player, it's not a foul? Clowns, makes no difference if it's the keeper

For the first time ever Walton speaks some sense

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
I can't believe that the pen is even a debate on here, had the keeper not taken Alverez down he would have been first to Lovrens poor clearance.

It's a stonewall pen.

RedDevilRoshi

What are Neville, Wright and Keane talking about? :lol:

Crazy Walton has to correct them
Madness, no idea what they’ve been smoking in that cosy studio? It’s as clear as day penalty as you would see.

Never thought I’d see myself agreeing with Peter Walton!