Semi-Finals: Italy vs Spain | England vs Denmark

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
Don't understand the Saka agenda. Not like Sancho did anything in the second half last game? Would like him/Grealish instead of Mount though.

My guess he will come on for a tiring Saka in the second half after covering for the liability that is Walker.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
His contribution has been zero though, even if England win the thing he's hardly going to feel he's played a part in it
He played a part in the build up to Euro 2020 and only really lost his place lately with the injuries, but has been part of the squad anyway. And if they win, he'll have a winners medal, which only 1 other England squad has ever done between the Euros or the World Cup. Anyone part of that squad will be buzzing from it, even someone like Chilwell who hasn't made most squads.

bosnian_red

Don't understand the Saka agenda. Not like Sancho did anything in the second half last game? Would like him/Grealish instead of Mount though.

My guess he will come on for a tiring Saka in the second half after covering for the liability that is Walker.
Just play James so nobody has to cover for Walker and then pick your attackers based on their potential attacking output! Nobody likes when wingers are picked primarily because they can help the fullback do their job, with the attacking output being secondary to that.

Raven

Mount's been anonymous this tournament, why on earth is this gobshite still playing him?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I wonder how many of the people singing about the Jules Rimet still gleaming realise it’s a different tournament.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Mount's been anonymous this tournament, why on earth is this gobshite still playing him?
Because he runs around and performs the 3rd DM role, because he sure as feck does nothing offensively

Topgun1

Lewandowski lover
Supports
Arsenal
Saka is starting ahead of Sancho. Ahead of Rashford. Ahead of Grealish. It's the correct decision and it's always been my opinion that he's better than all of them and has a higher ceiling too. But Southgate is playing an awful central midfield. Far too defensive as well.

Zoo

Very interesting to see the two different systems go up against each other. That will have been Southgate’s biggest dilemma whether to match them up or not.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I wonder how many of the people singing about the Jules Rimet still gleaming realise it’s a different tournament.
The song was released for the 96 Euros, and the famous line about England being hosts again, so I'm not sure it matters what tournament we're singing about. Jules Rumet isn't even the trophy for the WC anymore either.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Saka is starting ahead of Sancho. Ahead of Rashford. Ahead of Grealish. It's the correct decision and it's always been my opinion that he's better than all of them and has a higher ceiling too. But Southgate is playing an awful central midfield. Far too defensive as well.
Saka better than Sancho and Rashford? Really?

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
:lol:

dbs235

Whilst he's right in what he's saying. That should be southgates teamtalk done for him there.
"Look at this pricks attitude, get out there and smash them"
I'm surprised at his attitude towards England there, he's basically English.

izec

With Southgate, England arent going to win this. So far it worked, but only Germany was a good opponent. Today they will struggle more than people think, only the subs will save him eventually.

bosnian_red

It's fine (your opinion) if you think he has a higher ceiling. But come on. He is not better right now. That is based on nothing they've shown in actual professional level football. Sancho has a productivity level in the big 5 european leagues as a teenager that is only matched by Mbappe out of any player in the past 30+ years. Sancho and Grealish are among the most creative players in world football based on what they do every game. Rashford has back to back 20 goal seasons.

Saka is better defensively, and if you want to think he has more potential, all the power to ya (even if I disagree), but to claim he is a better player now is outrageous.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Checks…Arsenal fan… ah that makes sense.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
:lol:

What absolute garbage

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Controversial opinion but I think Arsenal fans are more delusional than Liverpool fans. I’ve yet to meet a rational Arsenal fan.

marktan

Hmm just seen the lineup, not sure about it. Playing 4 at the back against a back 5 you have to pin their wingbacks in defence by attacking a lot, no sure England will be able to do that with their lineup.