Semi-Finals: Italy vs Spain | England vs Denmark

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Grealish, Foden and Rashford must be wondering why they fecking bothered going to this tournament

Judas

Open to offers
I don't know why on earth people thought Grealish would start? It was never happening. He's seen as a weapon off the bench and its worked perfectly.

We've got so much to come on and turn the game if we need to.

The Firestarter

Grealish, Foden and Rashford must be wondering why they fecking bothered going to this tournament
Foden shouldn't wonder that much he was given enough chance. Rashford seems like his mind is elsewhere. Grealish has delivered though. Mental to not start him.

IncyWincySpider

Wembley is already rocking. The players can hear it. Southgate's neck beard is a hot mess of static electricity. Kane's hair is swept back and nailed to his skull with rivets from British Leyland's heyday. Maguire is punching himself in the head in time to some Stormzy hitbop. They've flown Beckham back from America. Sheeran's booked into the O2 for the next twelve months. With every bottle top fizz and ring pull hiss you can sense the lions bated breath. Hear them roar!

LDUred

I don't understand why so many were raving about Saka after the Germany game. He had a few bright moments early on and faded before he was replaced. His main issue was that he kept dropping back into midfield, passing backwards, and isolating Kane.

England have better options on the bench although admittedly Saka is more likely than anyone to provide cover for Walker. In that sense, it is probably a wise move.

I do think that him and Mount should count themselves fortunate to be selected. It is now up to them to justify Southgate's faith.

charlenefan

Foden shouldn't wonder that much he was given enough chance. Rashford seems like his mind is elsewhere. Grealish has delivered though. Mental to not start him.
Foden was given the first 2 games and not a single minute since
Grealish has only started 1 game out of 6 so far that essentially a dead rubber
Rashford not a single start whatsoever

All 3 have been given a raw deal, Sancho as well

BFernandes

Foden was given the first 2 games and not a single minute since
Grealish has only started 1 game out of 6 so far that essentially a dead rubber
Rashford not a single start whatsoever

All 3 have been given a raw deal, Sancho as well
To be fair, Rashford shouldn't be starting based on his form. Same for Foden who's done nothing. Grealish is a strange one, and Sancho can be hard done by as he impressed in the last game.

Classical Mechanic

Wembley is already rocking. The players can hear it. Southgate's neck beard is a hot mess of static electricity. Kane's hair is swept back and nailed to his skull with rivets from British Leyland's heyday. Maguire is punching himself in the head in time to some Stormzy hitbop. They've flown Beckham back from America. Sheeran's booked into the O2 for the next twelve months. With every bottle top fizz and ring pull hiss you can sense the lions bated breath. Hear them roar!
:lol:

buchansleftleg

I don't understand why so many were raving about Saka after the Germany game. He had a few moments early on and faded before he was replaced.

England have better options on the bench although admittedly Saka is more likely than anyone to provide cover for Walker. In that sense, it is probably a wise move.

I do think that him and Mount should count themselves fortunate to be selected. It is now up to them to justify Southgate's faith.
Yes he did the "run around for the first 15 minutes" role perfectly and then disappeared from view.

Tonight he'll overcommit or foul Maehle or Damsgaard and we will hear that his tackle is an "everyday occurance in the premier league...but frowned upon in international football" as he is trudged off the pitch with a red card.

charlenefan

To be fair, Rashford shouldn't be starting based on his form. Same for Foden who's done nothing. Grealish is a strange one, and Sancho can be hard done by as he impressed in the last game.
Sterling wasn't in form before this tournament, he wasn't even getting in the City side but he's started every single game?

Matriac

Sterling wasn't in form before this tournament, he wasn't even getting in the City side but he's started every single game?
I feel like he's only given continued faith at this point because before the last game he was England's best chance at nabbing the Golden Boot, still now joint best chance with Kane.
Although Kane might have better chances to score with someone else playing on his left.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don't understand why so many were raving about Saka after the Germany game. He had a few bright moments early on and faded before he was replaced. His main issue was that he kept dropping back into midfield, passing backwards, and isolating Kane.

Saka praise after Germany makes no sense as he wasn't good in that game at all. He did well vs Czech though tbf to him, and tracks back well generally so that's obviously why Southgate picks him. He's decent enough going forward too, just streets behind any of the others.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Wearing my lucky socks tonight ,they haven't been so lucky recently but I'll put them on.

The Firestarter

Gareth is playing fair and not starting his best 11 since the gap in class to Denmark would be too big. What a gentleman.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
With this team selection in mind I'm rooting for Denmark.
It's hard as a neutral isn't it. All attacking that talent going to waste on the bench. On the other hand you've got the results so there's that. Still can't stand southgate for some reason.

FattyFooty

Saka... I might be wrong here, but i just dont see it. Is he that good? Has he had a good euro? I feel everytime the attack stop on him.

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Brathwaite will cause some problem in my opinion. Of course he didn't do anything useful in this tournament yet but he has pace to trouble left side of defense especially Shaw move up to help attack. Maguire need to be top on his game.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Saka... I might be wrong here, but i just dont see it. Is he that good? Has he had a good euro? I feel everytime the attack stop on him.
I think he's been given the nod because Denmark are strong down the left and he's a bit more defensively sound than the other options.

Matriac

It's hard as a neutral isn't it. All attacking that talent going to waste on the bench. On the other hand you've got the results so there's that. Still can't stand southgate for some reason.
Yeah, I'm Norwegian so there is some forced element to root for other Nordic countries when we aren't in it ourselves. Though I have a little soft spot for England, mostly due to United.

Told my United chat group last night that if Southgate doesn't start one of either Rashford or Sancho I'm gonna root for Denmark.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
I think it's a bit funny how Gareth is disguising the fact he's basically playing a back 5 which looks like a 4 on paper.

Dud the same against Ukraine.

charlenefan

He's part of a squad that has a great chance at winning a trophy for the national team. Even if you aren't a key starting 11 player, that's something that nobody will want to miss.
His contribution has been zero though, even if England win the thing he's hardly going to feel he's played a part in it

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Brathwaite will cause some problem in my opinion. Of course he didn't do anything useful in this tournament yet but he has pace to trouble left side of defense especially Shaw move up to help attack. Maguire need to be top on his game.
The player I fear the least is Braithwaite.