Semi-Finals: Italy vs Spain | England vs Denmark

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Micah Richards the voice of reason:
Every England fan agrees with this, but this is what football is. You’re supposed to be biased towards your team, it’s what football is all about. Do you think if Denmark benefitted from the same thing there wouldn’t be a flood of schadenfreude from the same people up in arms right now?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Philips just boots the ball aimlessly to the opposition for no good reason. They then work it all the way back up the pitch to work England's keeper.

padr81

Supports
Man City
You know you're morally in trouble when your desperate attempt at whataboutism has to go back into the last millenium
Ok, I watched Leroy Sane for 3 seasons at City and Gundogan? That better?

mk7

Sterling really is my most hated player ever. Not dribbling by players but flapping his arms in a way that he confuses opponents, diving like prime inzaghi and being generally shite.

MattofManchester

A few fans will moan and then move on. What you are seeing now is people who have an anti-English bias and just cannot handle England doing well at anything, nor their fans celebrating it.
It's soured the result for me. Not just tonight, but we're seeing diving constantly getting people an advantage instead of having them sent off for simulation.
In a couple months, there will be people pissing themselves because the same things are going to keep happening.

Nick7

Denmark should try some short corners. They won’t get much from the Wnglish defence in the air.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I don't think it was a penalty BUT when a team concedes possession and parks the bus as Denmark have been doing since the start of the 2nd half, you run the risk of getting hit with a decision like that.

It's a similar argument to when United get a lot of penalties. We just attack more and so have a higher chance of getting a decision going our way.

Lastly, Pickford moves and plays like he's drunk.

kyofusho

Can't believe we've decided to shut up shop for 15 minutes. Suicidal IMO.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Well, when you give ridiculous decisions to a home team what do you expect? We love to have a go at City, Liverpool and Chelsea about this but suddenly it is ok?

It can't be that whole world is wrong but english fans is right?

Bad decision. Not first time in this tournemant given to home teams. It is ok to say that England got helped with this decision, even if the team deserved to win.
I don't think it was a penalty, admittedly, but I don't think Strling dived either. He just went down very easily. He isn;t the first guy to do it and he certianly won;t be the last.