Serge Aurier | Spurs player

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Not excited by the idea of signing Aurier. Good player but why can't Fosu-Mensah get a go? Darmian might be too passive/defensive but Timbo's got the pace and power to get up and down. If we were getting Carvajal that'd be one thing. We ain't though.
Why would you want to play TFM out of position in a role he's terrible at? It's pretty clear from the limited amount of time he's had at RB that he does not understand the positioning and off the ball movement that full backs need to provide with the wider forwards cutting inside.

Womp

idiot
That said, everyone around our club also seemed to think Atletico's legal issues would have cleared up too.
Think it was a different scenario. The club probably thought Griezmann wouldn't give a feck about Atleti's ban, which most players wouldn't have. He was just an exception to the rule unfortunately

Nick7

I just watched this long montage.

Feck me he is rapid and balanced to go with that. It's criminal he hasn't got more assists done of those crosses were wicked. Also those hard and clean slide tackles are something to behold.

If the rumours are true then Him and Lukaku will have a field day getting on the end of those.

Some shocking finishing there. He'd feel right at home.

AkaAkuma

Valencia does need a rest every now and then to avoid burnout.

Also how good is he on the left? It might be a short term option, but if he is ok to play there, then it might offer Martial the overlap he needs.

Acquire Me

Height, not so much as the others bought in lol. Listed as 5'10ish.

Can he cross? Absolutely. Rapid fecker at RB. Elite mentality as well, will win at all costs. Would definitely do bits for José if official. Bargain.

...Paris United have confirmed the move on Twitter. They're one of the most reliable sources out there and pretty much money more often than not when announcing deals. Very shocked at why PSG would give up Aurier at such a cheap price. Are they really that desperate to recoup any sort of money to make the Neymar buy that much less of a blow to them?
Sounds good. Its a hell of a price they are going to pay for Neymar, so I guess someone got to leave to make balance. If they see him as a second now, it may make some sense.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Whilst those slide tackles look good I've always thought of the regular use of them as a sure sign of poor situational awareness in a defender.

When you're sliding into a tackle you're either doing so as a last ditch attempt, or you are trying to go in with a bit more force. Aurier looks like he does both which I think is going to get him in trouble when facing some premier league opposition.

Having said that he looks athletic and confident driving with the ball. Admittedly I know very little of his actual career and can't really pass a well informed judgement but those slides concern me somewhat.

Saf94

If he does join, where will it leave Valencia?
He'll be 32 in 4 days, now seems as good as time as any to find his replacement. We don't want another Carrick situation where we are literally squeezing every last inch out of him before we actually sign a replacement. It's better to get someone in now and phase Valencia out slowly, he'll still be very useful for us over the coming seasons but will lose his place eventually

MattyB1986

I'd be happy with this signing... Valencia's 32 and Aurier is a like for like replacement and he's two-footed, which is a plus to me.

Inter Yer Nan

Hearing he's like Valencia which is a good thing. He's on the cheap and he's young with room to improve. Sounds like a logical signing on paper and if he can stay out of trouble a good one overall.

prath92

Think the hearing could go in his favour. He has money and I'm sure his team will work out a deal whereby the guy will be acquitted of charges. If the policeman he assaulted retracts his complaint surely the whole thing will go away?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Think the hearing could go in his favour. He has money and I'm sure his team will work out a deal whereby the guy will be acquitted of charges. If the policeman he assaulted retracts his complaint surely the whole thing will go away?
I can't think what could possibly go wrong by trying to bribe a police officer.

Marcus

Jose plays with one offensive fullback and one defensive fullback. It seems like the right side is going to be offensive one. If Valencia is tired or injured there would be minimum disruption if this guy was a ready-made replacement. The left side would have Darmian or Blind sitting.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He elbowed a peeler and got a custodial sentence.

I hardly think they're going to acquit him.

This isn't happening.

Scholsey2004

Surely if we're makimg an aproach, which we clearly are, there must be some confidence we can get him a work permit?

Womp

idiot
Jose plays with one offensive fullback and one defensive fullback. It seems like the right side is going to be offensive one. If Valencia is tired or injured there would be minimum disruption if this guy was a ready-made replacement. The left side would have Darmian or Blind sitting.
This keeps getting branded about as fact, it's not. Shaw himself said he wants both fullbacks to attack, just not at the same time to avoid giving the opposition too much space behind to counter attack.

When Valencia and Shaw or Valencia and young play together they both get forward, it's just Darmian who really doesn't cause tbf, he's quite wank at it.

Of course there's exceptions, like in big games etc. but generally speaking, he expects both fullbacks to get forward.

Last edited:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Serge Aurier follows ParisUnited the twitter account that broke the story about us agreeing personal terms with the player.

Paxi

Serge Aurier follows ParisUnited the twitter account that broke the story about us agreeing personal terms with the player.
It would seem he only followed them recently. They're his last follow.

TsuWave

out of our deals this summer, this is the one i'd be the happiest about

Paxi

Follows Martial and Bailly. It's done lads.

Paxi

Serge Aurier's departure from Paris Saint-Germain this summer has been slow to develop -- and it seems that has cost him a number of potential suitors.

Le Parisien reported on Monday that the 24-year-old right-back, who made his request for a transfer known before PSG began preseason training in the United States, is unlikely to join three top clubs to which he was once linked.

Juventus have reached their limit on international players, Manchester City moved for a pair of defenders in Kyle Walker and Danilo, and Barcelona added Nelson Semedo from Benfica.

Two clubs still interested, according to the newspaper, are Inter Milan and Tottenham Hotspur. They are hoping that by waiting, they may be able to secure less than the €25 million price PSG sporting director Antero Henrique has targeted in any potential deal.

One main reason for the delay, according to ESPN FC's PSG correspondent Jonathan Johnson, is because Aurier is appealing a two-month prison sentence for allegedly attacking a police officer last year.

That situation prevented Aurier from entering the UK for PSG's Champions League game against Arsenal last season, and clubs are waiting to see how the appeal is judged before making an offer.

ESPN FC PSG correspondent Jonathan Johnson's take: Aurier's exit would create space on the wage bill that will be needed as PSG attempt to finance a move for Barcelona's Neymar.

PSG still need a fourth-choice central defender and a defensive midfielder. Juan Foyth, on his way from Estudiantes, will take care of the defence. If Henrique is operating on a limited budget, which is likely, a straight swap of Aurier for Inter Milan's Joao Mario makes sense.

Joao Mario would come in as an alternative to Thiago Motta in defensive midfield, while Inter would get a potentially top-class right-back in Aurier.

One other club to watch are Manchester United, but until Aurier's disciplinary situation is cleared up in the next few weeks, none of these clubs are expected to firm up their interest.
ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.