Sergej Milinković-Savić

skc_18

He would cost 42m and no one is after him?

I call heavy bullshit on that one. For that price in todays market already a heap of clubs would have offered contracts to him!
One of the reasons I think is that most of the top teams have pretty good midfield already and he necessarily wont be an upgrade unlike our midfield. I too think he might go a little higher but he is on last 2 years of the contract.In next move, he would be on big wages too

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
This (Casemiro) is a different type/profile of player we’ve linked with so would signal a change of plan either by choice or more than likely necessity. Have to think you’d need another midfield to play with him though and SMS does seem logical but not sure that works from a financial standpoint.

Looking at over £100m for the pair…
Would earn it back if we get into top 4 and CL football.

dubplate warrior

Haven't ever really seen him play besides clips, but assuming we're playing a pivot, I'm not sure if he actually adds what we need to the team?

If we're going for an traditional 4-3-3, going by the highlights he looks decent. I will take the forums judgement that he is a great player, United having a solid midfield will be the difference maker for us and mean we create more chances but also concede far less goals.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We desperately need a passer. This guy and together doesn't scream possession football.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
He's a more technically gifted version of Soucek basically. Would be a great signing. I'm surprised that he stayed in Lazio for so long.

How about a 4-4-2 with a midfield diamond with Casemiro at the base, SMS and Eriksen ahead of him and Bruno as the number 10?? Ronaldo and Sancho can be the front 2 with the full backs providing the width, apart from Sancho drifting wide......With Ronaldo and SMS there's tremendous aerial ability. Eriksen is very good at whipping crosses in from half spaces like De Bruyne. All of a sudden, Bruno seems like the weakest link in that midfield.

Last edited:

hobbers

A midfield 3 of Casemiro, SMS and Eriksen has the potential to be excellent. Every attribute you'd want in midfield covered, and then some.

Of course we said the same about Matic, Herrera and Pogba. And Schweiny, Schneiderlin and Mata before that.

ti vu

A midfield 3 of Casemiro, SMS and Eriksen has the potential to be excellent. Every attribute you'd want in midfield covered, and then some.

Of course we said the same about Matic, Herrera and Pogba. And Schweiny, Schneiderlin and Mata before that.
The early part of Ole's interim show how this midfield could click. That period is the best midfield unit display in sizable amount since forever for us. The 3 players just not just consistent enough due to their personal issue (age, contract situation, lifestyle...)

nainaisson

are there any reports linking to SMS ?
We're in talks with his agent but might not have enough money for him after signing Casemiro, according to Jason Burt.

My theory is, we were never really interested in him and only put his name out there to placate fans after the Arnautovic debacle. Now that we're on the verge of signing Casemiro, stories about SMS will disappear.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
We're in talks with his agent but might not have enough money for him after signing Casemiro, according to Jason Burt.

My theory is, we were never really interested in him and only put his name out there to placate fans after the Arnautovic debacle. Now that we're on the verge of signing Casemiro, stories about SMS will disappear.
There’s definitely money if we’re bidding €80M for Anthony

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)

Casemiro is costing less than FDJ in both transfer fees and wages. We surely have money left over if we want to Savic but we won’t. We barely make one shrewd or sensible signing per window. We definitely ain’t making two of them.

Suv666

We desperately need a passer. This guy and together doesn't scream possession football.
Yeah exactly. We have the steel with Casemiro coming in now we need the finesse.
A smooth operator is needed. We should be looking at La Liga mids for a Thiago like player. Spain's full of them.

croadyman

Yeah exactly. We have the steel with Casemiro coming in now we need the finesse.
A smooth operator is needed. We should be looking at La Liga mids for a Thiago like player. Spain's full of them.
Yeah like the Sade reference too

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
He’s not a midfield controller who will dictate pace and tempo of play, which is what we need next to Casemiro. Good player but someone like Ruben Neves would suit our game better next Casemiro

croadyman

He’s not a midfield controller who will dictate pace and tempo of play, which is what we need next to Casemiro. Good player but someone like Ruben Neves would suit our game better next Casemiro
Has Neves got the passing range though

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
he’s more similar to Modric or FdJ than he is to Neves.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Who the feck is Sade
Google the song that's all I'm saying
Smooth operator :drool:

On topic, I can’t say I’ve watched SMS regularly outside of major international tournaments. He’s never really impressed me and I always thought he’s a little more direct in terms of style like a Gerrard or Lampard and who likes to get into the box and onto the end of things. Guess I’m wrong then? Any regular watchers confirm his style and best position? I’d have guessed we might have needed a FDJ or Fabian Ruiz type player in style, next to Casemiro.

Oaencha

He’s definitely not a Frenkie role. I watch a lot of Serie A. He has close control and is good going forward. Definitely box to box. Exactly what we need but there has to be a more defensive midfielder next to him. No double pivot. Frenkie may or may not happen but SMS-De Jong-Eriksen would really work.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
who the hell will the papers link us to for the next five years if we actually sign this guy... people will lose their jobs :devil:

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
He’s definitely not a Frenkie role. I watch a lot of Serie A. He has close control and is good going forward. Definitely box to box. Exactly what we need but there has to be a more defensive midfielder next to him. No double pivot. Frenkie may or may not happen but SMS-De Jong-Eriksen would really work.
Yeah he can't play CDM if that is what you're saying. He is more of a #8 and if need be he can even play further forward closer to a #10. Eriksen and Savic in midfield with either De Jong or Casimero behind them would work brilliantly.

AdNani

to be fair Matic, Herrera and Pogba was good, we shouldn't of let Herrera go, Useful squad player