Sergino Dest | Signs for AC Milan

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidmichael

If we’re looking at Varane/Martinez with Casemiro and Fred in front of them then it makes sense to have attacking full backs to overlap the inside forwards in Antony and Sancho/Rashford, Dest/Dalot and Malacia/Shaw works well in that regard and we can bring Laird back next season to replace Dalot.

Mainoldo

Would this be our first loan with a right to buy ever as I can’t recall any? Cue about 20 examples being thrown at me..
Considering we never seem to secure our options to be. Might be a smart move from Barca :lol:

ShamrockD

Supports
Panathinaikos
Replace Bissaka with any RB who can attack and who does not throw himself into tackle when he tries to cross.

This should not even be a discussion. Bissaka can be a good player however for mid table defensive teams, and we are incompetent that we cannot sell him at a reasonable price 20-25m to such a team.

croadyman

I know much of the CAF aren't keen on either him or Meunier but given a choice which would fit us better

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
Come on United do us this favor. This kid just doesn't understand positional play. He's not bad with the ball but he seems out of position too often.

Alemar

Come on United do us this favor. This kid just doesn't understand positional play. He's not bad with the ball but he seems out of position too often.
We don’t need defenders with lack of defensive awareness and poor positioning.

croadyman

I worry about his poor defensive stats, also know it's not necessarily a true picture but he has a lot of weaknesses on whoscored page.

I feel like Meunier would be a safer bet, however can understand being concerned by his age.

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
I worry about his poor defensive stats, also know it's not necessarily a true picture but he has a lot of weaknesses on whoscored page.

I feel like Meunier would be a safer bet, however can understand being concerned by his age.
Meunier isn't good defensively either TBH. We are also linked to him but no thanks, if that's the alternative I rather keep Dest. I also think you would be better with AWB.
We traditionally play very offensive full backs like Alves and Alba. But even they when younger used to defend decently enough. I think nowadays the current generation of Full backs is rather poor. There aren't many who have a decent balance of attacking and defensive qualities.

Reactions: Cheimoon

croadyman

Meunier isn't good defensively either TBH. We are also linked to him but no thanks, if that's the alternative I rather keep Dest. I also think you would be better with AWB.
We traditionally play very offensive full backs like Alves and Alba. But even they when younger used to defend decently enough. I think nowadays the current generation of Full backs is rather poor. There aren't many who have a decent balance of attacking and defensive qualities.
Reece James is a stand out for that

croadyman

Problem with AWB is too defensive

MexicanCowboy

Supports
Barcelona
I read Memphis and him were attending Van de Beek's wedding but that's all. They should be back and training tomorrow or today for you in Europe.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Seems to have rubbish for Barcelona so a permanent deal is too big a risk. A loan could be a good option.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Would this be our first loan with a right to buy ever as I can’t recall any? Cue about 20 examples being thrown at me..
Its probably the case, however its very much utilized everywhere in the world especially in Italy. Some big clubs got involved in it as well. Coman and Coutinho (Bayern), Pellegri, Saelemaekers and Diaz (Milan) and Morata and Milik (Juventus) are prime examples of it.

Its a win win situation for everyone really. The seller club are able to get rid of a player that no one really wants usually for a loan fee and with the prospective buyer's covering the salary. The buyout clause is usually kept low so the buyer would have ample incentive to give the player a fair crack of the whip as he might end up making a bargain out of it. That means that even if the player fails to make an immediate impact or the buyer is unable to buy him out, the loanee would get enough game time to maybe attract another club or have his loan extended.

In my opinion Dest's signing would be suited for such a deal. Barcelona aren't playing him so his price will go down, no one really wants to buy him and they need to offload unwanted players off their payroll. On United terms we would end up with a RB cover which would then allow us to sell AWB (whose price is going down as well). If Dest does well then the RB slot is sorted. If not then we send him back. Up until that time our negotiation team would have time to assess the situation and come to a conclusion (activate the clause or sign a new player)

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If it's just cover for Dalot, then why not just keep AWB.... I would He's much better than Dest defensively. I don't rate Dest.
AWB doesn't fit ETH's system. That means that he won't play him which in turn means that his price will go down. We have buyers for AWB who are ready to spend at the region of 15-20m. Its not much but its still money.

Suv666

No brainer if its a loan with an option to buy.
There is a player in there and maybe ETH can improve him, if not we send him back.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
(8)Is someone getting the Dest the Dest the Dest the Dest or Muen?(8)

Status
Not open for further replies.