Sergino Dest | Signs for AC Milan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamsk7

The guys only 21 and already being written off. Sure, his positional play isn’t great (could have said the same of Dalot before this season) but he is a proper attacking full back and waaaaay more dynamic than anyone we have in those positions. He’ll bomb forward and his technical level is very high.
I’m confident ETH could get the dest out of him and a loan with option would be a win win scenario

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I haven't seen much of him. It's fair enough that people think he's not up to it, that seems to be the general consensus.

However what's the basis to say he has a low ceiling?

onemanarmy

Getting rid of AWB and signing him on a loan would be shrewd business. If he turns out good, we can maybe sign him at the end of the season and we'll have AWB off the books. When Dalot turns out better and he doesn't play a lot, we get a decent RB in next year.

crossy1686

career ending
I haven't seen much of him. It's fair enough that people think he's not up to it, that seems to be the general consensus.

However what's the basis to say he has a low ceiling?
I haven't seen him play either but if Ten Hag fancies him and Barcelona seemed to think he was worth a punt at one point, we could do a lot worse, like AWB as backup to Dalot...

Amsterdam90s

Supports
Ajax
I think its not a good idea since malacia, martinez and dest together are not the tallest. 2 small players is already stretching it, but 3?

Chief123

He’s fecking rapiddd. Would be great with the overlapping runs. Sancho and Antony would thrive off him. Get him in!

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Think it's probably too late in the window to iron out a Wan-Bissaka sale in order to pursue Dest. Unless the two moves are loan deals.

Andre Kagawa

Unless it's a loan, we would have to take a massive hit on AWB. We won't get more than £20 mil for him.

Suv666

It would be stupid to sell AWB. Loan him out to a club where he'll get minutes.
We'll definitely get more than 20 million quid for him next year. He's easily a 30-35 million player.

Dr. StrangeHate

He is not defending in any of his highlights. I don't think I have seen a single headed clearance or tackle. Surely more of a RWB than a RB.

macheda14

Unless it's a loan, we would have to take a massive hit on AWB. We won't get more than £20 mil for him.
And we should be prepared to do that. We have had so much deadwood in the past because we’re not willing to take a loss.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He is not defending in any of his highlights. I don't think I have seen a single headed clearance or tackle. Surely more of a RWB than a RB.
It does concern me that he is only just reaches the 5 9" threshold for a competent PL defender, and he looks a lot shorter than that to be honest.... :rolleyes:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It would be stupid to sell AWB. Loan him out to a club where he'll get minutes.
We'll definitely get more than 20 million quid for him next year. He's easily a 30-35 million player.
What’s this, yen?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Instead we'll continue to shoot ourselves in the foot by sticking with AWB :lol: :nervous:
Might just be reading into it but could be we’re just keeping Wan Bissaka around for the congested winter and if the right offer comes in January he’s gone and replacement in?

leon24

The guys only 21 and already being written off. Sure, his positional play isn’t great (could have said the same of Dalot before this season) but he is a proper attacking full back and waaaaay more dynamic than anyone we have in those positions. He’ll bomb forward and his technical level is very high.
I’m confident ETH could get the dest out of him and a loan with option would be a win win scenario
I see what you did but I don’t think dest funny…

Bojan Djordjic

That is correct. He was a winger who wasn't that talented, that's why he was never called up by the Dutch youth NT's
C'mon, he's clearly extremely talented. I'm sure there's lots to be critical of about his game but you only have to look at some clips of his dribbling and even some of his passing to know that he's way above most players technically. I can't say much about his game IQ, positioning etc and have no doubt he has many flaws but to say he's not talented is untrue. Just take a glance at his fbref profile to see all the things he excels at. Also, he's only 21 and had 4 assists in half a season for Ajax at 18. No shame in not making an impact at Barca at his age. Lots of better and older players have done the same.

SAFMUTD

I haven't watched much of Sergino but I'm friends with a lot of Barca fans. They overall assessment is that he's really poor defending and average at attacking. They'll be happy to sell him.

Going by that I don't know why people are so keen to replace AWB with him. I do agree we should be asking around 25-30M for AWB. If we can't get them this window sure there's no need to sell him on the cheap or send him on loan only to loan in Sergino.

jamesjimmybyrondean

This is one transfer I don't care we miss out on. He's bang average in attack and shit at defending. I also think he wouldn't survive with the intensity and physicality of the league

Terranova

Supports
United/Ajax
C'mon, he's clearly extremely talented. I'm sure there's lots to be critical of about his game but you only have to look at some clips of his dribbling and even some of his passing to know that he's way above most players technically. I can't say much about his game IQ, positioning etc and have no doubt he has many flaws but to say he's not talented is untrue. Just take a glance at his fbref profile to see all the things he excels at. Also, he's only 21 and had 4 assists in half a season for Ajax at 18. No shame in not making an impact at Barca at his age. Lots of better and older players have done the same.
I don't think you've read my post correctly? As a winger he wasn't that talented, that's why he was never called up for a Dutch NT and never was considered a top talent at Ajax. Until he moved to the wingback position.

tidraKS

I'd like him here instead of AWB.

I think we can take both him and Depay in deadline day. Him as a loan, and Depay as a free agent.

peridigm

Is Dalot a regular in the Portugal squad? AWB most likely won't be in the England squad so it makes sense to keep him in case anything bad happens in the WC which is 1/3 into the fecking season for some stupid reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.