Sergino Dest | Signs for AC Milan

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

No difference between him and Dalot to me. I've never been too impressed.

Barcelona, America, United, or some random German club where he like most Americans end up... Not good enough.
Who can we realistically get

Daslogisch

Supports
Ajax
Don't like EtH going for Dest. Dest has proven at Barca that he really is not good enough. He had a good season at Ajax, but in the end that was just one season. There were still questionmarks around him even at Ajax. That's why Ajax had no problem selling him on so soon. Although I can see that Dest is a better match with what Ten Hag wants to do, than AWB and maybe also Dalot, ultimately he simply isn't good enough.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Cavani was great in his first year
Still a panic signing though, whichever way you look at it, Cavani was never a player "on the list" until all other options had run dry.

poleglass red

Sounds like he's a sweetener possibly for FDJ deal. We take 2 of their wage bill. I certainly don't see Chelsea wanting Dest.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Dalot will be a Maldini when compared to Dest, in terms of defending

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would take him over Wan Bissaka but he's probably just gonna be backup for dalot if he comes

Rolaholic

Wouldn't be a fan tbh, doubt he'd offer anything more than Dalot can.

Also feck helping those shady Catalan bastards in any way

Chip

Weren't Barca just linked with Wan-Bissaka, Dalot, and a bunch of other mediocre/bad RB's a few days a go? Why would they target them if they already have Dest? Is he deemed to be worse than them by Barca?

FerociousCorgis

know it wouldnt be a good call but hey having an american would be fun to root for ha. Might as well have fun stuff like that for this season as we try and escape relegation

Robertd0803

Sounds like he's a sweetener possibly for FDJ deal. We take 2 of their wage bill. I certainly don't see Chelsea wanting Dest.
Wouldnt make any difference to a FDJ deal given the issue is FDJ wanting to be paid in full and not Barca playing hardball.

Barca would sell us FDJ, Dest, Depay and Braithwaite in a heartbeat if we wanted all of them.

But if it means getting FDJ then Im all for it.

croadyman

Much as I want this to be linked to De Jong salary issue, think we are being too optimistic of that happening at all.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Unless he's the only path to securing de jong I'd stay away, I doubt he offers any upgrade to dalot.

Infra-red

Our main problem is that none of our fullbacks can defend. I'm not sure that Sergiño Dest is the solution to that problem.

poleglass red

Wouldnt make any difference to a FDJ deal given the issue is FDJ wanting to be paid in full and not Barca playing hardball.

Barca would sell us FDJ, Dest, Depay and Braithwaite in a heartbeat if we wanted all of them.

But if it means getting FDJ then Im all for it.
It's weird that dest fee is the exact same as FDJ owed wages

Status
Not open for further replies.