Sergino Dest | Signs for AC Milan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lights Out

Honestly I don't get the hate. He's defensively improved a lot in the last year, he doesn't lose the ball much, his touch and passing is good. He's not amazing by any means but he is very solid.
He lost possession 10 times in the first half against Brighton. 10 times!

He’s absolutely awful

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Honestly I don't get the hate. He's defensively improved a lot in the last year, he doesn't lose the ball much, his touch and passing is good. He's not amazing by any means but he is very solid.
He's absolutely average in every department.
Because Wan Bissaka dropped off a cliff after his first season, and suddenly seemingly couldn't keep possession beyond his own 18 yard box, Dalot's marginally better ball skills seemed to initially fool people that he was good attacking.

He's not. He needs an immediate upgrade. And you half wonder why we signed a left back with potential first, and not sorted the right side.

Orange Tree

Feck me sideways. I'd rather see Brandon Williams on RB.

Why are we helping Barca with their wage issues when we can't actually get our actual main target from them.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Because Wan Bissaka dropped off a cliff after his first season, and suddenly seemingly couldn't keep possession beyond his own 18 yard box, Dalot's marginally better ball skills seemed to initially fool people that he was good attacking.

He's not. He needs an immediate upgrade. And you half wonder why we signed a left back with potential first, and not sorted the right side.
I think we signed Malacia because Ten Hag really liked that player in particular not because he wanted to sort the left before the right. Both needed upgrading but honestly which positions don’t.

Infra-red

Ridle Baku might be a good option if indeed Malo Gusto is not for sale.

I don't think we'll be moving for Dest (as much as Barca would undoubtedly like us to). He can't really defend, which is something of a problem.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Lamprey isn’t currently starting for Brighton - what’s the latest with him

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Lamprey isn’t currently starting for Brighton - what’s the latest with him
I don’t think he’s been quite the same player since that hamstring injury in 2020/21. Also I don’t think he’d be a good fit for us — he’s far more of a wingback than a fullback, and he’s very small. Imagine a back 4 with Lamptey, Martinez, and Malacia! Average height of about 5’7

mu4c_20le

Fitness concerns as usual and is even more like a winger playing full back than TAA. Not sure he could be coached on the defensive side of the game and the injury track record at a young age is a concern.
Sounds like our own Laird

DSG

Would be surprised if United really are interest. I wouldn't say he's an upgrade or downgrade on what you have at RB, mostly a sidegrade. The one plus is that EtH has managed him before so if anyone can get something from Dest, it would be him.

He's been absolutely abysmal at Barca though, to the point Xavi would rather play a CB at RB over him.
You’ve never seen Dalot and AWB play then, have you?

mu4c_20le

So much better than Dalot. Dalot is subpar going forward, but he is the worst RB in the league defensively. Dest is no superstar defender, but Dalot is absolute garbage.
Then how come barca wanted to sign him

DSG

Dalot is the worst defending RB in the league, and it’s not close. If you watch very closely, you’ll see his poor in-game IQ and idiotic, misplaced challenges causes a lot of problems for the covering CBs. He was directly at fault for the first Brighton goal, partially at fault for the second. He’s very easy to dribble around, his positioning is poor and he is reluctant to close down attackers. He was so bad last season defensively, his play contributed to over 20 goals conceded.

DSG

Very poor defensively and subpar in possession. I can name 15 RBs in the PL I’d rather have than Dalot.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
@WI_Red how is his defense game, never liked what I saw in barca us he any better in the national team?
It can be "great" when he is engaged. In the (I think it was the first) Canada game he put Davies in his pocket for 95% of the game. Unfortunately, during the 5% he decided to disengage Davies blew by him and set up Canadas winning goal. His issue, in my mind, is that he is all to willing to attack and all too unwilling to track back. I have not watched him for Barca, so I have know idea if the same occurs there.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
It can be "great" when he is engaged. In the (I think it was the first) Canada game he put Davies in his pocket for 95% of the game. Unfortunately, during the 5% he decided to disengage Davies blew by him and set up Canadas winning goal. His issue, in my mind, is that he is all to willing to attack and all too unwilling to track back. I have not watched him for Barca, so I have know idea if the same occurs there.
Thanks for answering, maybe he's worth a try especially if he's cheap.

Erik might get him to improve.

Mike1976

Supports
Ajax & United, in that order
Quoting my earlier post on my opinion on his willingness to put in defensive effort.

The thing I remember most from Dest in an Ajax kit? Ajax - Heerenveen

The game wasn't going well and Dest was neglecting his defensive duties. Then there was a situation where Tadic was being boxed in and Dest was just standing there not making himself available. Tadic gave him instructions and Dest talked back to him leading to Tadic reminding him who the captain is.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/idIP_wTZCSw

Ajax let him go really easily for a reason. He's completely full of himself and hard to coach. I don't think Ten Hag would prefer to work with him again.
He's really full of himself, imagining himself a reincarnation of Dani Alves.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Quoting my earlier post on my opinion on his willingness to put in defensive effort.

He's really full of himself, imagining himself a reincarnation of Dani Alves.
There is nothing I would love more than seeing an American outfield player at United, but Dest would not be my choice to be that guy if I could pick. There is a really good player in there, but he needs to grow up and mature, and United is not the place for that to happen, especially right now.

morree

I seriously hope we don't get this bum. So many other better options out there that would be better for probably not much more money, let him rot in Barca.

FerociousCorgis

I mean depends on cost. If we make a profit overall by adding dest and getting rid of awb why not.

Kramer

I think I’ve figured this out lads. This is Murtough playing 4D chess again.

He knows Barca need to sell players. So we’re fecking about making Barca believe we’re actually in for Dest while we work on other RB targets like Gusto / Vanderson.

Then last 2-3 days of the window, we say sorry not interested. But we can take Frenkie’s wages off your books with a loan + buy option so you can register Kounde.

BOOM!

Make it happen Murtough. And redeem yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.