Sergino Dest | Signs for AC Milan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojan Djordjic

AWB is a superb defender on his day. Shite at the back post and going forward.
He's a superb 'one on one' defender. In almost every other aspect of defending be it positioning, heading, communication, defending in a unit, he's been found wanting.

aeh1991

Dest is not an upgrade over Dalot and I am including his potential. Disappointed that the links to Gusto faded. Really like him and I'm worried another club will grab him if we sleep again.

CantonaManc

See where they play, how they play, if they play..
Supports
ETH's tricky reds
Manchester United are very interested in Sergino Dest & could make an offer for him soon. - [Gerardromero] via [ManagingBarca]

Sergino Dest's preferred destination is Manchester United, but it's difficult deal because United need to sell players first. [AdrianSnchz] via [ManagingBarca]

flappyjay

Manchester United are very interested in Sergino Dest & could make an offer for him soon. - [Gerardromero] via [ManagingBarca]

Sergino Dest's preferred destination is Manchester United, but it's difficult deal because United need to sell players first. [AdrianSnchz] via [ManagingBarca]
This deal is good as dead then.

Irwin99

We're linked to a new right back just as Dalot starts to look decent. I swear our players do it to piss us off (See Shaw's form when we signed Telles)

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
If Barca need to get wages off the books still to register Kounde, it would make sense as loan with option to buy.

Outside of that, there's no point committing £17m and a multi-year contract off the bat for a player who hasn't progressed in the last 2 seasons.

Better to save the money and look at the likes of Gusto, Vanderson, Porro next year - even if it leaves you with limited options still this season.

Infra-red

It looks like we never had any interest in Dest and our name was just being used to try to make a market for him. Almost certainly the case again here, with Barca desperate to sell before the window shuts.

Santos J

If Barca need to get wages off the books still to register Kounde, it would make sense as loan with option to buy.

Outside of that, there's no point committing £17m and a multi-year contract off the bat for a player who hasn't progressed in the last 2 seasons.

Better to save the money and look at the likes of Gusto, Vanderson, Porro next year - even if it leaves you with limited options still this season.
Kounde's registered now

gza the genius

I'd be fine selling AWB and bringing in Dest on loan. Dalot is the starter now and AWB isn't the right profile to challenge him in this team. Get AWB off the books and bring in a new first team right back next summer.

worldinmotion66

So literally hours after the so called reliable journos say our business is done, sky sports are reporting that we are in for Dest. Does anyone actually know what's going on this summer? I think the english journalists are in the dark regarding our business.

Woodzy

If ETH can get a RB he trusts to replace one he doesn’t then I’m all for it.

AndySmith1990

So literally hours after the so called reliable journos say our business is done, sky sports are reporting that we are in for Dest. Does anyone actually know what's going on this summer? I think the english journalists are in the dark regarding our business.
Things can change quickly. We may have received offers for AWB today which has led to us exploring the possibility of signing Dest

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Dest is not an upgrade over Dalot and I am including his potential. Disappointed that the links to Gusto faded. Really like him and I'm worried another club will grab him if we sleep again.
Agree with all of that. Dear isn’t very good. Prefer Dalot. Maybe it gives us an understudy that’s ETHs style more though. The long term target has to be Gusto though.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
No. They’re looking at our spend and assuming we’re done. Nobody thought we’d spend this much a month ago though.

nainaisson

Sky need to keep people interested in their transfer coverage, so they lie. It's that simple.

kaku06

Vulgarian

Please no
Yes please. I don’t know why people are so against signing him. He isn’t defensively perfect. Neither is dalot. But he is far better than him going forward. Plus, he is absolutely rapid which would be an asset in recovering back and would be a very good partner for Antony joining the attacks.

For the price being mentioned, i reckon he would be a very shrewd signing, on top of that he played for ten hag so the manager knows him very well and knows how to utilise his strengths and minimise his weaknesses.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’d be more inclined to believe Ornstein’s report that AWB will stay as no.2 over twitch streamer Romero who proved he was nothing but a spoofer during the FDJ ordeal.

FerociousCorgis

if they still want wages off books and clearly not many other top clubs want to pay a lot offer a loan deal with a small buy option. Dest as a backup RB option is much better than awb will ever be and if doesnt show well just have laird step up when he gets back. If barca want to sell for money then bid them best of luck. No lose situation for united if they take that route

RedDevilRoshi

What part of his game is it that folk don’t like about this guy? Surely he can’t be as bad one dimensional AWB?

jamesjimmybyrondean

This is definitely a shit rumour. He's been available all window. Would have happened already if we were interested

NewYorkRed

Dest is really not that good. I have seen him tons. Not much better, if at all, then Dalot. He is just super fast, thats pretty much it. Would love an American on the team but we’d be better off saving the money.

Valencia's Left Foot

Supports
Austin FC, USMNT, Three Lions
What part of his game is it that folk don’t like about this guy? Surely he can’t be as bad one dimensional AWB?
His game is almost identical to that of Dalot. Solid going forward, average to below average in defense. He's yet to really stand out for the USMNT, pretty underwhelming overall, but he has had a few flashes offensively.

Alemar

Would love an American on the team but we’d be better off saving the money.
It looks like we will buy him with Bissaka money (if Bissaka is sold). Otherwise Bissaka stays, so no additional expenses or net spent

NewYorkRed

It looks like we will buy him with Bissaka money (if Bissaka is sold). Otherwise Bissaka stays, so no additional expenses or net spent
Yeah but we could still save that money from his sale and just buy a better rb in Jan/next summer. He is an upgrade over AWB though. But then again, which living rb isn’t.

Alemar

Yeah but we could still save that money from his sale and just buy a better rb in Jan/next summer.
No due to absence of other RB on the bench, of Bissaka leaves. Dalot needs cover, and we don’t have cover (Brandon Williams is injured and not a RB anyway)

Ekeke

Dest is obviously closer to the TAA / Cancelo type auxillary winger/attacker down the side than Dalot or AWB. Dont be surprised if he's responsible for playing more players onside leading to chances and weak defensive challenges leading to chances. Not better in all departments but likely most people will be happy with him because his skillset is mainly going forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.