Sergino Dest | Signs for AC Milan

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

I think I’ve figured this out lads. This is Murtough playing 4D chess again.

He knows Barca need to sell players. So we’re fecking about making Barca believe we’re actually in for Dest while we work on other RB targets like Gusto / Vanderson.

Then last 2-3 days of the window, we say sorry not interested. But we can take Frenkie’s wages off your books with a loan + buy option so you can register Kounde.

BOOM!

Make it happen Murtough. And redeem yourself.
Nah the game of chess for FDJ is over, not convinced we are interested in Vanderson/Gusto but hope I am proved totally wrong

Chip

How come Barça are willing to sell him when they're actively looking for an RB? Simply because he's not good enough?

TrebleChamp99

Supports Liverpool
This lad is only 21 I didn’t realise , if we can strike a good deal like Malacia 12/15m I don’t see why not?

morree

How come Barça are willing to sell him when they're actively looking for an RB? Simply because he's not good enough?
He is their 3rd or even 4th choice at RB so for good reason they wanna sell him as he just isn't good enough for them. Sure he is probably a bit better then Dalot but he is an average player at best and would probably get destroyed in the PL and probably wouldn't be that huge of an upgrade for us too be honest. There are better alternatives out there but those would be for a much higher price then what this guy would go for. I would personally pass on this guy and go for someone else or just stick with Dalot and AWB until January.

Tallis

He was doing well under Koeman but Xavi doesn’t like him. I think they will
Play one of their CB as a makeshift RB instead.

I am not sure about him to be honest. He does things which makes it seem that he is very good but doesn’t seem to be there just yet.

Santos J

Didn't realise he was only 21, feel like he's been about way longer

Thoms

Supports
Ajax
He’s not good enough indeed. Was a 2nd fiddle at Ajax and we were happy when we sold him. I didn’t see many improvements in Barcelona. He’s good going forward but defensively very questionable.

Alfie092

Ideally would avoid and go for Dumfries. Only positives with Dest could be the fact he is very young still and could massively improve, can get him on the cheap and Dest has also worked with ten Hag.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
So he's not the best defender I'm picking up. Is he better than Dalot going the other way?
At least based on his national team performances (not seen him for Barca) I would say yes....sort of. His is much better technically, but Dalot puts in way more effort getting up and down the wing. Part of that is how the US plays (Weah on the wing stays on the touchline, so Dest comes inside), but part of that is effort, the same thing that limits him on the defensive side.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
At least based on his national team performances (not seen him for Barca) I would say yes....sort of. His is much better technically, but Dalot puts in way more effort getting up and down the wing. Part of that is how the US plays (Weah on the wing stays on the touchline, so Dest comes inside), but part of that is effort, the same thing that limits him on the defensive side.
Fair enough. Thanks pal.

ETH seems to want players who get up and down and put a proper shift in...so you'd think if he did fancy him then it's because he thinks he can get that effort out of him?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Is this from a reliable source? Why would Barca want AWB?
No. Sport have been posting different stories on De Jong every day all of which contradict each other.

As for why they would remotely want AWB, they don't have a natural rightback in their squad with Dest ostracised. Roberto is naturally a midfielder and Araujo/Kounde are centrebacks playing out of position there.

Chairman Steve

If he was 24 years old or older, I’d say feck no. I didn’t realise he was only 21. Surely we can get him back to where he was before Barcelona? Under the manager who got him there no less?

croadyman

If he was 24 years old or older, I’d say feck no. I didn’t realise he was only 21. Surely we can get him back to where he was before Barcelona? Under the manager who got him there no less?
Yeah it's a low risk one for me

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I'm so torn on this one as there are lots of personal positives; 1) First American outfield player for Utd, 2)potentially benefits National Team in a WC year, 3) ETH coaches out his flaws, 4) fun player to watch)
but oh boy it could also be a disaster for the exact same reasons; 1) Bombs and we have to wait decades for another, 2) Gets no playing time before a WC, 3) Dest stays stubborn and retains all his flaws, 4) Exasperating player to watch.

Ultimately though I think it's worth the risk if the price is right. There is a quality player in there.

croadyman

I'm so torn on this one as there are lots of personal positives; 1) First American outfield player for Utd, 2)potentially benefits National Team in a WC year, 3) ETH coaches out his flaws, 4) fun player to watch)
but oh boy it could also be a disaster for the exact same reasons; 1) Bombs and we have to wait decades for another, 2) Gets no playing time before a WC, 3) Dest stays stubborn and retains all his flaws, 4) Exasperating player to watch.

Ultimately though I think it's worth the risk if the price is right. There is a quality player in there.
Yeah maybe under a coach like Erik he could flourish and get career back on track

Darlington Padgett

He is their 3rd or even 4th choice at RB so for good reason they wanna sell him as he just isn't good enough for them. Sure he is probably a bit better then Dalot but he is an average player at best and would probably get destroyed in the PL and probably wouldn't be that huge of an upgrade for us too be honest. There are better alternatives out there but those would be for a much higher price then what this guy would go for. I would personally pass on this guy and go for someone else or just stick with Dalot and AWB until January.
I don't think he's better than Dalot. I'd say he's at the same level or Dalot is slightly better than him.

croadyman

This could be a shrewd deal like Malacia, so not just going to write him off because can't get into Barca team

mu4c_20le

Makes 0 sense as I don't think he'll ever be anything more than a stop gap. Might as well persist with Dalot until the 'right' one comes along.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
This could be a shrewd deal like Malacia, so not just going to write him off because can't get into Barca team
Malacia good player. Dest is not very good defensively irrespective of his time at Barca

hobbers

Swapping Dest for AWB would be fine business.

Anything that gets AWB off the books permanently is fine business.

userman

Makes perfect sense if we're able to get him on loan with a purchase option, even as a potential stop gap. It gives us time to evaluate him with limited risk involved.
If he manages to outperform Dalot at RB then fine lets buy him next summer, if not we'll send him back to Barcelona. He's certainly a better backup option to Dalot than AWB.

It also gives us time to evaluate both Dalot and Laird to see if anyone of them are up to it, or if we should sell them. Both Dalot and Laird has contract expiring in 23(+1 option) so it could be last chance to cash in on them next summer.

Suv666

Swapping Dest for AWB would be fine business.

Anything that gets AWB off the books permanently is fine business.
Only if ETH spiked the water supply for the whole city of Barcelona with military grade LSD, can I see this is happening.

AWB is the antithesis of the archetype Barcelona player.

Suv666

I'll be okay with a loan deal. He's shite and there is a very miniscule chance he'd be success. We shouldn't pay them a transfer fees.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Dest must be really shite then. Anyway, AWB is one of the most anti-Barca type of player you can find, really hard to see them being really interested in him...
Yeah agreed on that part, AWB doesn't fit them at all. But bringing in Dest for AWB wouldn't leave us in a better place, in my opinion

hobbers

Only if ETH spiked the water supply for the whole city of Barcelona with military grade LSD, can I see this is happening.

AWB is the antithesis of the archetype Barcelona player.
Yeh, but Barca are clowns so you never know. No way can they afford Foyth so that's a non-starter. Dalot won't be sold. Too late to get Meunier. Not many options left from that shortlist of right backs.

It would be hysterical to see AWB trotting out in a Barca kit.

Bojan Djordjic

In the same way there are people raving about Dumfries, there are probably people from Barcelona who's only exposure to AWB might be the likes of the PSG game a few years ago when him and Tuanzebe had Neymar and Mbappe in their pockets.

Status
Not open for further replies.