Sergio Ramos' goal scoring ability...

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Spain copypastes peak Barcelona team with 8/11 starting players and you think Ramos was the key? Ok then.
We know that xaviesta could be stale without having the GOAT turning their possession into goals. Ramos brought the x factor to Spain that barca was missing.

Saffron

We know that xaviesta could be stale without having the GOAT turning their possession into goals. Ramos brought the x factor to Spain that barca was missing.
Barcelona were never that dependent on Messi during Pep’s reign, the over-reliance came later. Pep made the team truly function as a GOAT team. Put anyone decent instead of Messi in a peak Pep Barca team and that team should easily dismantle any national team in the 2010-2012 era.

The fact that Del Bosque nearly failed is just a testament to his ineptitude.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Barcelona were never that dependent on Messi during Pep’s reign, the over-reliance came later. Pep made the team truly function as a GOAT team. Put anyone decent instead of Messi in a peak Pep Barca team and that team should easily dismantle any national team in the 2010-2012 era.

The fact that Del Bosque nearly failed is just a testament to his ineptitude.
That's where ramos comes in. He was their Roy Keane.

Hip Hop

Completely agree. His number one job is to defend. Goals from a defender are a bonus. He should be judged on his main duty and that's to stop goals. And as a defender, he is average at best. He's a Spanish David Luiz...
Yeah i agree 100% with the fact that scoring goals is a bonus for a defender, nothing else. Now can't go with the comparison with Luiz because he is a joke and Ramos isn't that bad. :lol:

Stacks

Completely agree. His number one job is to defend. Goals from a defender are a bonus. He should be judged on his main duty and that's to stop goals. And as a defender, he is average at best. He's a Spanish David Luiz...
How does he constantly start for and captain the greatest sides of the modern era then?
Ramos plays Messi 2 to 3 times a season, what about the other 50 plus games he plays? Ramos isnt and wont go down in history as one of the best 5 centre backs of all time, Maldini and Baresi are considered so by many people. Too many flaws in Ramos game. How many reds in his career?
The reds were to help the team. As he has grown older he became selfless and always willing to sacrifice himself. It's part of his leadership.
No doubt he was nothing like Maldini but maybe your definition of "defending" needs to be expanded to account for modern tactics
Amen.
As per the definition of defending from Baresi's era. And yet people keep playing him in defence. Something doesn't add up for sure...
Amen X 2
How do I end up getting WUM'd in this thread?
You opened Pandora's box
Spain copypastes peak Barcelona team with 8/11 starting players and you think Ramos was the key? Ok then.

Del Bosque had the easiest job in the world.
Except the greatest player in history, Lionel Messi

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
How does he constantly start for and captain the greatest sides of the modern era then?

The reds were to help the team. As he has grown older he became selfless and always willing to sacrifice himself. It's part of his leadership.

Amen.

Amen X 2

You opened Pandora's box

Except the greatest player in history, Lionel Messi

That's a very good question and one I still haven't been able to figure out...