Sergio Ramos' goal scoring ability...

Stacks

He is the best CB in the world by far
He is the best CB in the world by far. Look at his trophy count.
VVD is a clearly better defender. Has Real ever even had a decent defence?

In 2007 they won the league and Scored 66 conceded 40!
2008 conceded 36
2017 they conceded 41 on rout to the trophy.

2018 44 goals conceded.
2019 46 goals conceded

this is all league goals. Don't even get me started on the cups and Europe.

He ain't that great at defending

Dozer

Doesn't seem to get injured, either.

Averaged 55 games a season for club and country over the last 15 years. Some going.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Sure fine he's good, but he's also the most overrated football player in history and I will always remember him for stumbling over Pique while Robben scored the 2-0 in 2014.
Overrated or not every top CB has had their moments. Vidic vs Torres for instance.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So many are falling for sarcastic post, posted by Ramos lover.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Doesn't seem to get injured, either.

Averaged 55 games a season for club and country over the last 15 years. Some going.
He probably has missed a whole season worth of football through suspensions as well.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
VVD is a clearly better defender. Has Real ever even had a decent defence?

In 2007 they won the league and Scored 66 conceded 40!
2008 conceded 36
2017 they conceded 41 on rout to the trophy.

2018 44 goals conceded.
2019 46 goals conceded

this is all league goals. Don't even get me started on the cups and Europe.

He ain't that great at defending
Defending is a small part of the CB's role nowadays. Plus it's not his fault they concede so many goals. He makes up for it with his leadership

Trezeguet17

He will go down as Real Madrids best CB and greatest Captain of all time. Reals Captain when they won 3 Champions Legue Titles in a row. Also as the most goal scoring CB in football history.

Even though he is a very controversial and (imo) unlikeable player i am pretty sure 10 years after his retirement he will be seen in the highest CB tier with the likes of Baresi, Moore, Beckenbauer, Maldini etc

Although i fully agree that he shouldn't be near that list based on pure CB qualitys alone.

But like a poster before already wrote he has the full package, which will cement his legacy as one of the absolute greatest once he retires.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stacks

Defending is a small part of the CB's role nowadays. Plus it's not his fault they concede so many goals. He makes up for it with his leadership
K. Had Ramos come to Pool instead of VVD would Liverpool be in the early 20s for league goals conceded? It is clear Cristiano was the reason for Real' s success. No matter how much they spend on new players most top sides will think they can beat them now

adexkola

Supports
K. Had Ramos come to Pool instead of VVD would Liverpool be in the early 20s for league goals conceded? It is clear Cristiano was the reason for Real' s success. No matter how much they spend on new players most top sides will think they can beat them now
I'm disappointed in you. You of all people should know.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I used to remember when he averages multiple sending offs every season when he first moved over to Madrid.

Would have never dreamt he would have ended up being this good.

Stacks

I'm disappointed in you. You of all people should know.
You know what? You are right. When you consider that he enjoyed similar success with Spain, WITHOUT Cristiano then he should get much more credit. A lot of the reason Spain could play how they did was because they knew they had a tough but handsom (in a young Stalin kinda way) lynchpin behind them. When Sergio 1st came to Real he cockily told them "your defence is sorted now". He started dismally at RB and was jeered, but who had the last laugh aye? who? Sergio did. #respect

adexkola

Supports
You know what? You are right. When you consider that he enjoyed similar success with Spain, WITHOUT Cristiano then he should get much more credit. A lot of the reason Spain could play how they did was because they knew they had a tough but handsom (in a young Stalin kinda way) lynchpin behind them. When Sergio 1st came to Real he cockily told them "your defence is sorted now". He started dismally at RB and was jeered, but who had the last laugh aye? who? Sergio did. #respect
:mad:

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I don't agree with adexkola and his love for Ramos. He's not the best ever but easily top 3.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
He's the CB version of Dani Alves.

Attacking abbilities, not prone to injury, unlikeable silly sod yet important dressing room character, tolerable balance between top defending and puzzling mistakes.

Hip Hop

He is nowhere near the best cb in the game currently let alone in history. This is why i think he is the most overrated player in the world. I mean if we are talking solely about abilities as a defender then he is mediocre at best. Always late, tackles too much because of that, too many fouls and his red cards records are absolutely laughable and should banned him for GOAT debate about his position.

But yeah he scores goals. Maybe the GOAT as a striker.

Stacks

The thing about it is if he weren't all that, Real would of just replaced him. Same with Spain. In the list of best CB of all time you have the likes of Baresi and Maldini in there over Ferdninand because Rio could not match their international successes and has 1 champions league trophy. Ramos matches their international and European successes so his name has to be in the mix. It sounds crazy but on paper it would be illogical not to include him, especially if you are too young to have seen Baresi play.

RochaRoja

Yep, he clearly feels at home on the pitch infront of millions of people.

If I had 1 penalty to win the world cup final i'd 100% give it to him. He'd probably Panenka it too :lol:
He’s bottled three of his biggest penalties to be fair.

Tostao_80

The thing about it is if he weren't all that, Real would of just replaced him. Same with Spain. In the list of best CB of all time you have the likes of Baresi and Maldini in there over Ferdninand because Rio could not match their international successes and has 1 champions league trophy. Ramos matches their international and European successes so his name has to be in the mix. It sounds crazy but on paper it would be illogical not to include him, especially if you are too young to have seen Baresi play.
Ramos is not in the class of Maldini and Baresi. Doesn't mean hes not a legend, but those guys perfected the art of defending. Watching Ramos over the years doesn't give you that same impression.

Stacks

Ramos is not in the class of Maldini and Baresi. Doesn't mean hes not a legend, but those guys perfected the art of defending. Watching Ramos over the years doesn't give you that same impression.
Ramos had to face off against Messi.....that's why. Otherwise he's right up there with the Maldini's and Baresi's. He would of been replaced otherwise.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
He is nowhere near the best cb in the game currently let alone in history. This is why i think he is the most overrated player in the world. I mean if we are talking solely about abilities as a defender then he is mediocre at best. Always late, tackles too much because of that, too many fouls and his red cards records are absolutely laughable and should banned him for GOAT debate about his position.

But yeah he scores goals. Maybe the GOAT as a striker.
Completely agree. His number one job is to defend. Goals from a defender are a bonus. He should be judged on his main duty and that's to stop goals. And as a defender, he is average at best. He's a Spanish David Luiz...

Tostao_80

Ramos had to face off against Messi.....that's why. Otherwise he's right up there with the Maldini's and Baresi's. He would of been replaced otherwise.
Ramos plays Messi 2 to 3 times a season, what about the other 50 plus games he plays? Ramos isnt and wont go down in history as one of the best 5 centre backs of all time, Maldini and Baresi are considered so by many people. Too many flaws in Ramos game. How many reds in his career?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ramos plays Messi 2 to 3 times a season, what about the other 50 plus games he plays? Ramos isnt and wont go down in history as one of the best 5 centre backs of all time, Maldini and Baresi are considered so by many people. Too many flaws in Ramos game. How many reds in his career?
He's always been an error prone defender. Goals and theatrics make him appear better than he actually is.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
No doubt he was nothing like Maldini but maybe your definition of "defending" needs to be expanded to account for modern tactics

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
... where he still doesn't defend
As per the definition of defending from Baresi's era. And yet people keep playing him in defence. Something doesn't add up for sure...

United58

84 goals for Madrid, and 21 for Spain! For a centre back that's "only" 6 feet tall, that's phenomenal. He has a better scoring record for Madrid than Roy Keane did with us

Last season: Ramos played 42 goals 11, Rashford played 47 goals 13!

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
He won't be picking up any tactical yellow cards in the CL this year like he used to that's for sure. Tried to be clever last season and it backfired. They're not the sort of team that can do that anymore.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He won't be picking up any tactical yellow cards in the CL this year like he used to that's for sure. Tried to be clever last season and it backfired. They're not the sort of team that can do that anymore.
Especially given how he was the entire reason why we didn't lose 7-1 in amsterdam

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Like others have suggested he's better than Roy Keane and that's probably a better comparison than Baresi who was very bad at scoring important goals for his team and driving them to victory with leadership and charisma. He was not a modern centreback the way ramos is and Keane might have been if he were 15 years younger and played for a side as progressive as real Madrid. See also mascherano.

Saffron

Spain copypastes peak Barcelona team with 8/11 starting players and you think Ramos was the key? Ok then.

Del Bosque had the easiest job in the world.